Thread: Which of these old men

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Which of these old men

Team and league in sig.
    Ive basically narrowed it down to protecting 3 of Boyle, Chara, Lidstrom, Streit. I will be competing next year and I would hope also over the next 3-5 years.
    Which 3 do you keep.
    Which 2 do you keep.

Its a 12 team league, so the entry draft consists of whoever is left after the first 180 keepers, and after the prospects are taken (RNH, Landeskog etc.) I have the 11th overall pick so theres a possibility whoever I dont protect will slip to me.

Anyways, what do you think!
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    Keep 15
    12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 6 Bench
    G A P PPP SOG PIM W SV% GAA

F: Crosby, Malkin, Wheeler, Scheifele, Couturier, Toews, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, Gusev, Meier, Patrick, Lindblom, Johnsson
    D: DeAngelo, Theodore, Sergachev, Gustafsson
    G: Rask, Jones, Delia

Prospects: Kyrou, Kravstov, Hoglander, Gunler, M Bourque, Fagemo, Puistola, Mysak, Addison, Timmins, Marchenko, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Monster

I would keep Boyle, Lidstrom and Chara

Lidstrom keeps amazin' and looks to still be 25 years old. The time is coming near to an end, but as you said your contending and no better defenseman to have during a contenting season than Lidstrom

Chara will give you all the stats in your league setup.

Boyle I believe, will do better for you than Streit will. More firepower in SJ than in NY for the short term.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd have to say Boyle, Chara and Streit. Only because you want to be competetive for the 3-5 year span. Lidstrom is expected to retire after this season, so the point differential between him and any of those defensemen would be in the area of 10 or so points at worse. Taking that hit (if it even happens) for this season will allow you to have the three best options for more years to come.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Icon

Keep 3: Boyle/Chara/Lidstrom
    Keep 2: Boyle/Lidstrom

Even if it is his last year, Lidstrom is too elite to let go. If he helps you to the championship this year, it's well worth it. I would rather finish first this year and 5th next year than finish 2nd for the next two years.

I keep Chara over Streit because Streit is coming off the injury and you don't know how he will perform. Chara is a great multi-cat guy and the picture of consistency.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Padawan

Boyle, Chara and Streit. Why? Lidstrom's last year. Streit is underrated at this moment but I will bet that he will get just as many points as Lidstrom this year and he will still be on your team the following.

Only two Boyle and Chara.
    16 Team Limited Keeper:
    LW - D. Sedin, Hall
    C - Malkin, Staal
    RW - Perry, Giroux, Toffoli
    D - Weber, Carlson, Ekman Larsson
    G -Bishop

Lidstrom slipped quite a bit in drafts last year and I say he is very likely to do the same this year. If you really want him, he'll still be there by your 11th pick imo.

Boyle, Chara and Streit would be the 3 I keep. Boyle and Chara if it was only 2 because Streit is coming off his injury. I expect he'll be fine, but why take the risk when Boyle will provide similar if not better numbers.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd likely put Streit back in only because it seems likely that he would be the least sought after of the 4 in the redraft
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

The Great One

Streit is most likely to outpoint everyone on this list, perhaps by quite a bit. He also has decent peripheral stats. Chara is a freak of nature and could very well continue to play at this level for 5 years, and the Bs are a team that is built for success for many years.

You could make a reasonable argument about ditching Lidstrom in that he will almost assuredly be gone from the NHL within 3 years and although he did have a great year last season he also did have a not so great (by his standards) year two years ago, and once he's had a "bad" season like this the chances of him having another do go up. Also don't forget that he's now without Rafalski, so that could take a tool. As for Boyle, he's consistent but could see his points slip due to Burns being a 1B option.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would let Lindstrom go just because he might be the easiest to re-draft due to his one year left.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Legend

I feel filthy saying this, but Lidstrom is the odd man out here. The master will probably have the best year out of all 4 this season but if you're looking to remain competitive for 3-5 more years, Nick the Great will be sipping Pina Coladas on a beach somewhere when you're still trying to win championships.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Lidstrom will likely be the easiest to redraft on account of age. Based on that alone, id drop him.
    If we're only talking two; keep boyle and chara.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
    Lidstrom slipped quite a bit in drafts last year and I say he is very likely to do the same this year. If you really want him, he'll still be there by your 11th pick imo.

Boyle, Chara and Streit would be the 3 I keep. Boyle and Chara if it was only 2 because Streit is coming off his injury. I expect he'll be fine, but why take the risk when Boyle will provide similar if not better numbers.
    I was thinking of the answer to the OP's question then Woodrow's avatar got me all discombobulated. Woodrow, who is she and how does she keep from tipping over?