Thread: Pogge/Modig - Decision Time?

MacLiii

Question Pogge/Modig - Decision Time?

I play in a quite competitive H2H (1 matchup per week) league where teams are run very similar to a real NHL franchise. Each team has slots to start 4 C,RW,LW; 6D and 2G each night. Goalie Limits are 5 starts in a week (could reach 6 if you have the correct matchup.) The bench is then 5 players deep any positions. Each team also has a 15 player farm team of prospects.

My 3 goalies on my main team are Thomas, Price and Lehtonen. My farm team goalies prior to this season were Rynnas, Modig and Pogge and this summers draft I was able to land Darcy Kuemper. I soon need to make decisions with my farm team and must release some players to get to the 15 player limit. I am thinking of releasing both Modig and Pogge given the chance of them ever making any kind of impact in the NHL. Looking for opinions on this move? I am thinking that with Thomas, Price and Lehtonen on the big club and Rynnas and Kuemper on the farm I am fine at the goaltending position.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd say you are very solid on your active roster, your farm is pretty thin, but keeping Pogge and/or Modig is basically the equivalent of wasting a roster spot at this point. So I'd drop them, but I would also look at the potential of adding another prospect G, not a Schneider/Holtby type that is on the doorstep but maybe a high potential guy who is a year or two away from a backup spot.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would say cut them loose as well. I can't see either having much luck in the NHL at all. I think you are set up pretty nice in terms of goaltending with the Kuemper addition but as Laendarian said, 1 more decent farm G would be ideal.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

MacLiii

Thanks. I agree that I will need to add, but I'll have to wait until next year's Rookie draft or try and pull off a trade, because that's the only way to add to the farm. I can tell you that most of Goldman's top 50 prospects are already on teams in this league.