Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Dobber Guide 2011-12

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Jared Knight showing as Prime Cut for Boston and no mention of him as a prospect in the team roster profile. ??
    If I were to guess, I would say that angus wrote the Prime Cut and Dobber disagrees, and does not see KNoght with a chance of being on the team this year. Hope that helps.
    Mooseheads: 14 team H2H (CBS)
    +/-,G,A,DG,DA,PIM,PPP,GWG,GAA,SPct,W,
    Dress 8F,4D,2Gweekly,roster22,3Gmax
    F:Benn,Tavares,Backstrom,Galchenyuk,O'Reilly,Kuche rov,E.Kane,Radulov,N.Foligno,T.Ennis,Lee,Hartman,T ,Johnson
    D:Weber,Burns,Werenski,Vlasic,Theodore,Severson
    G:Bishop,Fleury,Mrazek

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, Dobber doesn't think Knight will amount to anything, even if he was their best guy at prospects camp (along with Spooner), is tough, skates fast, has a deadly shot and gives 110% every single time he's on the ice.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bighabfan View Post
    If I were to guess, I would say that angus wrote the Prime Cut and Dobber disagrees, and does not see KNoght with a chance of being on the team this year. Hope that helps.
    Oh I had guessed why - just pointing out what seems to me to be an obvious contradiction. I'm okay with contradictory things like this if they are announced as such - don't make much sense to me if they aren't, when you are selling a guide from Dobberhockey - why leave your readers wondering.

BTW - Budaj now backs up Price, Auld is gone.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I too just saw that Shoeless... somewhat of a miscommunication between Dobber and Angus?

Also, not a big thing and not sure if its been pointed out, but on the FA page it says Continental Hockey League instead of Kontinental Hockey League. Minor typo / not really considering in English its with a C, but it is indeed the KHL, not the CHL.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Wtf

Bought my copy last night and when i try to open the pdf file I keep getting the same file is broken message, anyone having this problemÉ
    Keeper League 12 Teams; Weekly/H2H; G&A=1pt/Wins=2pts/SO=2pt; Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G; 25 max roster, positions based on Fantrax

Starting Roster
    LW=J. Jokinen, J. Pavelski, C. Soderberg
    C=V. Rask, D. Stepan, N. Kadri
    RW=C. Perry, V. Nichushkin, J. Eberle
    D=A. Ekblad, M. Streit, K. Yandle, M. Vlasic
    G=J. Quick, J. Allen
    Bench=M. Beleskey, J. Drouin, T. Teravainen, R. Strome, D. Perron, C. Ceci, D. Orlov, D. Pouliot
    Minors=J. Blandisi, N. Ritchie, M.Subban, I. Provorov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Oh I had guessed why - just pointing out what seems to me to be an obvious contradiction. I'm okay with contradictory things like this if they are announced as such - don't make much sense to me if they aren't, when you are selling a guide from Dobberhockey - why leave your readers wondering.

BTW - Budaj now backs up Price, Auld is gone.
    I'll agree with Shoeless here. The prime cuts section and the rest of the guide seem to have been written in isolation. While that is fine, I think it would be great if a few minutes could be spent to reconcile/comment on a few of the inconsistencies. The Jared Knight situation was the most obvious one that requires a tweak. Even if Dobber disagrees with Jeff's text, Knight needs to be added to the prospect and long-term potential columns so people are not asking if this omission was intentional or an oversight.

Mabus
    9 Team Points Only Keeper (Protect 10). Roster of 9F, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 6 Bench
    F - Malkin, Kane, Gaborik, Kopitar, Perry, Hossa, Zetterberg, M. Koivu, Hemsky, Cammalleri, Filppula, Ennis, Fleischmann,
    D - Phaneuf, Goligoski, Byfuglien, Robidas, Shattenkirk, Hedman
    G - Miller, Halak, Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just successfully downloaded the excel sheet. There goes the rest of my lunch-hour.

Mabus
    9 Team Points Only Keeper (Protect 10). Roster of 9F, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 6 Bench
    F - Malkin, Kane, Gaborik, Kopitar, Perry, Hossa, Zetterberg, M. Koivu, Hemsky, Cammalleri, Filppula, Ennis, Fleischmann,
    D - Phaneuf, Goligoski, Byfuglien, Robidas, Shattenkirk, Hedman
    G - Miller, Halak, Pavelec

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just took a quick look at the draft sheet, good stuff!

Noticed that Halak (or anything from St. Louis) is missing in the goalie section.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I don't have a CYP column in this guide. Are you looking at my guide? No way I give Tangradi 70 points this year.
    CYP was just the current year projection that you project for this year.

I was referring to Tanguay not Tangradi.

I just found it odd that Tanguay was projected with 70 pts this year, but his best three year average is 62, which would make for one of his 3 best years to be low 50's if he hits this years projection. Based on these numbers his production drops significantly after this year for the rest of his career.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Initiate

Where is Halak in the draft list?
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by BladesOfSteel View Post
    Where is Halak in the draft list?
    Nobody from St. Louis is there. I'm no Brian Elliott fan, but I figured he'd see more starts than Huet this year.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPuckCanuck View Post
    I too just saw that Shoeless... somewhat of a miscommunication between Dobber and Angus?

Also, not a big thing and not sure if its been pointed out, but on the FA page it says Continental Hockey League instead of Kontinental Hockey League. Minor typo / not really considering in English its with a C, but it is indeed the KHL, not the CHL.
    Boston has several underrated prospects - I like Knight a lot and decided to profile him. Dobber will probably add him in, but as I alluded to, there are a ton of contenders for one roster spot.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

I wrote a profile on Knight last year and was pretty high on him then. I've since received reports from my brother who watches the Knights on a regular basis that I should get whatever I could for Knight.

He thinks he has limited upside because he's "dumb as a post."

Now, there have been many hockey players who have been dumb as a post and my brother is not always right. I've heard some good things from Kirk Luedecke about Knight and his showing at Boston prospects camp so it's not as though Knight is washed up.

The concern is about his upside and what impact he will have at the NHL. There are various opinions on this and this is what I like about the Dobber Guide and this site. I get several viewpoints to help educate me and learn which questions I need to ask and what areas a player needs to work on.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Regardless, it's just silly to leave out Knight on the long term chart for Boston.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Regardless, it's just silly to leave out Knight on the long term chart for Boston.
    Yep. He's on their radar for sure. Another prospect watcher whose opinion I respect and value ranks him No. 4 among Bruins prospects.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe