Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dobber Guide 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

The draft list is supposed to be out today right? I cannot open that .xsls format or whatever it is. Any chance for a more generic file format please?
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default I have a question...

In dobber fantasy hockey guide it says that Jagr's point projection is 62 points and then under in another box it says that he has a 10% chance of getting 65 points. I don't quite understand that....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan23454 View Post
    In dobber fantasy hockey guide it says that Jagr's point projection is 62 points and then under in another box it says that he has a 10% chance of getting 65 points. I don't quite understand that....
    Jagr is tough to predict. Essentially they're saying its possible if all goes well in Philly and if he stays healthy, but they're also saying the chances of that happening aren't very good. Let me try and simplify it even more for you: 62 points is very reasonable, but a small chance that Jagr gets 65 or over.
    Last edited by dmvincent; August 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I haven't read it yet, but usually those percentages are for sleeper numbers. So, in the Jagr scenario you mentioned, they project that he will get 62 points and then there's a 10% chance that he can go beyond that to reach 65.

So 62 for sure, with a 10% chance he betters that and reached 65.

That's how I would interpret it, anyways.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

But, the OP is presumably saying that sleeper numbers usually indicate a substantial increase in points.

Saying that there's a 10% chance that Jagr gets 3! more points is pretty well meaningless. It suggests to me that there's been a typo...

Maybe a 52 point prediction for Jagr was intended, or a 75 point sleeper prediction.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Can't find the draft list download - suffering a little sake hangover and might not be looking in the right spot - can anyone help me?

Dobber Sports Expert

Shoeless someone earlier mentioned in the thread it wouldn't be downloadable until Weds,. Not sure where that info came from though. When I click on Download 1 I get the xlsx one that is unreadable.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Can't find the draft list download - suffering a little sake hangover and might not be looking in the right spot - can anyone help me?
    the file is there but its still empty Shoeless, I think Dobber said it would be ready by Wednesday though didn't he?...if you still have trouble with it then just shoot me an email and I'll save it into an older Excel format for ya

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    the file is there but its still empty Shoeless, I think Dobber said it would be ready by Wednesday though didn't he?...if you still have trouble with it then just shoot me an email and I'll save it into an older Excel format for ya
    Thanks Gooey - nice to have you cover my back. I suck at technology. Whatever happened to the good old days of fishing with dynamite?

Had dinner last night with a dyed-in-the-wool Flyers fan - we are embarking on a new project to take the internet into a couple of extremely poor rural communities in Cambodia by late winter - would have been real nice to have you there because we are both idiots on the infrastructure side of things. Fine line between user/abuser methinks.

Know anything about 3G?
    Last edited by Shoeless; August 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Thanks Gooey - nice to have you cover my back. I suck at technology. Whatever happened to the good old days of fishing with dynamite?

Had dinner last night with a dyed-in-the-wool Flyers fan - we are embarking on a new project to take the internet into a couple of extremely poor rural communities in Cambodia by late winter - would have been real nice to have you there because we are both idiots on the infrastructure side of things. Fine line between user/abuser methinks.

Know anything about 3G?
    haha no, I'm more on the software side of things but I do know a little bit about remote internet...my old man has a cottage deep in the woods in rural Canada, miles from anywhere, completely off the grid. For internet we have a satellite dish which works pretty well, its not fast but it works well. I assume 3G would be the same basic principal except its going off a cell tower for the signal. So you need to figure out where the nearest towers are (usually they're on hills/mountains), if you still cant build a signal you can jury rig an antenna for pretty cheap, just need a piece of copper wire really, get it up high enough, in a tree or something and you should be able to get a signal

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    haha no, I'm more on the software side of things but I do know a little bit about remote internet...my old man has a cottage deep in the woods in rural Canada, miles from anywhere, completely off the grid. For internet we have a satellite dish which works pretty well, its not fast but it works well. I assume 3G would be the same basic principal except its going off a cell tower for the signal. So you need to figure out where the nearest towers are (usually they're on hills/mountains), if you still cant build a signal you can jury rig an antenna for pretty cheap, just need a piece of copper wire really, get it up high enough, in a tree or something and you should be able to get a signal
    Great info - be easy enough to contact the mobile suppliers to get the info on the towers. My buddy is the founder of the association for the disabled in Siem Reap and he travels out to the first village we are targeting - I guess I can just ask him if he has cellular service when he is there.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Talking Dobber Hockey Fantasy Guide 2011-12

Love the cover....
    "The Ultimate Fantasy Weapon" (with the picture of the Sedin sisters).......
    Baseball Roto Salary Cap keeper leauge:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEpwDpuRHyf1LCPXobQ

Hockey Roto Salary Cap keeper league:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEps3nFZP8glkbGCAlW

Hockey Auction keeper league:
    https://1drv.ms/x/s!ApAJhNPeVoEps3pRqm08iiJukbuk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The last two Art Ross winners, you mean?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    The last two Art Ross winners, you mean?
    Man, my head is spinning, who are Art and Ross Sedin? Any relation to the sisters?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Jared Knight showing as Prime Cut for Boston and no mention of him as a prospect in the team roster profile. ??