Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Worst Trades

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Worst Trades

This year I was second in a head to head money pool with a little over a month to go (and our playoffs were one week away) and wanted to load up before the playoffs so I gave up:

Gaborik
    Fisher
    Pitkanen

for

Zetterburg
    Kaberle

The night the trade was posted, Zetterburg left with back spasms - never to return and a week later, Kaberle got KO\'ed by Janssen and I lost 3 starter for 2 band aid boys that got me 0 points in the playoffs. I never won the pool ;(
    Dobberites Unite! 12 Team H2H $$ Keeper League
    C: Malkin, Krejci, Wilson, Schenn
    W: Zetterburg, D Sedin, Mueller, Horton, Benn
    D: Suter, Edler, Myers, Burns
    G: Fleury, Brodeur, S Mason, M Smith
    -- Keep 17 with salary cap

Dobber Sports Pro

I tend to make decent trades. The worst I can think of, not including the hellspawn trades I made 3 years ago in a 1 year pool that haunt me, is Bochenski and Tambellini for Freddy Modin.

That said, I have a horrible case of low patience.
    I\'ve dropped.....to free agency/waivers.....
    -Ryan Getzlaf
    -Derek Roy
    -Jozef Stumpel
    -Mikko Koivu
    -Jussi Jokinen
    -Ville Peltonen
    -David Backes(to pick up Peter Mueller, but still)
    -Mike Van Ryn
    -Filip Kuba
    -R.J. Umberger
    among others. These within the past 2 years, of course. When Getzlaf and Roy were sent back to the minors, I figured I could stow them away in FA, as they hadn\'t played yet, and no one picked them in the waiver draft. Whoops. Snatched up.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Padawan

This isn\'t a bad trade story but rather a bad keeper one. A couple of years ago, I somehow convinced myself that keeping Ruutu instead of E.Staal was a grand idea. Now I find myself contemplating releasing J.Stall off my keeper list and I have the feeling history is about to repeat itself.

I\'ve also released Frolov to make room for Zherdev.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

what did I drop Last year....

Phillip Boucher...
    Martin Straka...
    Rod Brindamour...
    Slava Kozlov...
    David Vrborny...
    and Branko Radivovic...

My replacements...
    Chris Kunitz...
    Josh Harding...
    Tomas Plekanic..
    David Backes...
    Boyd Gordon...
    Brandon Boichenski...
    Marc-Edouard Vlasic...
    Steve Ott...
    Brendan Witt...
    Christoph Schubert...
    (I made some 2-1 trades to get Lundqvist, Brunette, Tkachuk thats why theres more more adds than Drops lol)

I made bad \"unprotected\" choices that were ate up right away (lost over 350 PTS)... but I made the best \"Adds\" bye a Mile (added about 250 PTs 200 PIMs and +50) ... I\'ll admit the Backes add was because of Dobber B)
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Novice

This past season I had injury troubles so I had to release Radulov when he got sent back to the AHL for the second time. Someone else picked him up and now won\'t trade him duh! I regret that move.

At least I was able to make this trade one month into the season - Sopel and my 1st round pick for Marc Savard. Made out like a bandit on that one lol.

Dobber Sports Veteran

A lot of these \'bad trades\' are involving Zherdev. This time last year we were comparing him to Kovalchuk and now well... how the mighty have fallen.
    As an owner I am praying for a trade.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Guys I\'m starting a hockey pool and you\'re all invited!

Seriously I traded Peter Sykora and a second round pick for Brad Boyes - I can probably draft Boyes in the 5th round this year.

I made numerous offers for Zherdev last year but the guy wouldn\'t bite. We had a deal that was close but he wanted me to throw in a 7th round pick - basically nothing really. But it pissed me off enough that I said screw it and walked away. Everytime we got close he asked for more. I got lucky there.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I had B. Richards and St. Louis on my team and both screwed me the year before so I was looking to get rid of one. Yeah you guessed it, St. Louis. inch:

It was pre-season and I got Ekman and a pick (which turned out to be Dumont). The thinking was Ekman would click with Crosby and St. Louis was on the downhill. Easily the worst trade I ever made. The guy I traded him to only lost one week in our h2h reg. season. I got the last laugh, he lost in the first round of the playoffs and I won the whole damn thing. Goes to show even the worst trades can be overcome.:evil:
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Before the start of last season I swapped

Frolov and Ray Whitney = 71 + 83 = 154
    Joffrey Lupul and Ryan Malone = 28 + 31 = 59

-100 points...didnt work out for me AT ALL!!!I still won my pool but I had to sacrifice a lot at the deadline to hold onto a slim 9 point victory.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Celly wrote:
    Before the start of last season I swapped

Frolov and Ray Whitney = 71 + 83 = 154
    Joffrey Lupul and Ryan Malone = 28 + 31 = 59

-100 points...didnt work out for me AT ALL!!!I still won my pool but I had to sacrifice a lot at the deadline to hold onto a slim 9 point victory.
    Thats quite easily one of the worst posted so far... and it will only get worse not better lol...

Ray Whitney got a 3 yr extention so he\'ll be around a lot longer... and frolov still has a good 10 years and some will be with a looking like Powerful LA team...

Lupul has taken huge steps backwards in Edmonton and i never really seen alot in Joffrey, and Ryan Malone cant seem to stick on a good line...a nd when he looks like it bad luck happens and he hits a slump... I dont think he\'ll be in pittsburg much longer... altho both are still young... they are somewhat useful...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

Dobber Sports Novice

2005-06, mid-season in a 16-team keeper:

Traded Cheechoo, Pitkanen, and Visnovsky for Kovalchuk, Alex Picard (CBJ), and two third-rounders.

Thought at the time that Picard was the key, as I felt he might become a poor man\'s Tkachuk ...

No such luck.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kovy has lived up to a stronger bill than the other 3... who were ur 3rd Rd Picks?
    Current Roster:

Dobber Sports Novice

Jason_Banks wrote:
    Kovy has lived up to a stronger bill than the other 3... who were ur 3rd Rd Picks?
    Kovalchuk was going great guns until a couple of weeks after the trade. And, of course, last season wasn\'t spectacular.

Really don\'t recall what I did with the picks. Used one in a package to move up in the \'06 draft, and traded the other as part of another deal. Nothing notable, really.

Like I said, I thought Picard would push the deal in my favor. Still has time, but the concussions and lack of scoring to date worry me a bit.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

yea I like Picard too hes an all aroud player... but yea Concussions have scared me away from having him as a prospect...
    Current Roster:

I...am your father.

You won that deal - Kovalchuk alone seals it for you. He\'ll be a 120-point guy in a few years...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi