Thread: Jakub Kindl

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Jakub Kindl

Hey folks. Can anyone give me the lowdown on Kindl? Style of play, educated guess on what we can expect from him in terms of production, etc.? I have him as my 6th defenseman in my team in sig, all I really want from him is to contribute to my peripheral categories and chip in with the odd point, but is there anything more to this guy than meets the eye? He is after all a former 19th overall pick by the Wings

Any insight you can contribute would be awesome.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Awful player. He'll never achieve anything.

Might as well trade him to me for a 5th

Dobber Sports Ninja

Damnit dyz, why can't you be more helpful like Carcillo?!?!
    I had a thread on Tlusty and he told me I could shift him to my farm team and drop him from there instead of buying him out.

...unless that's exactly what he wants me to do

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Damnit dyz, why can't you be more helpful like Carcillo?!?!
    I had a thread on Tlusty and he told me I could shift him to my farm team and drop him from there instead of buying him out.

...unless that's exactly what he wants me to do
    Why not just stash him on your farm?

And Kindl should chip in with some peripherals. Don't see him as more than a #4 (best case) - #7 d-man.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Why not just stash him on your farm?

And Kindl should chip in with some peripherals. Don't see him as more than a #4 (best case) - #7 d-man.
    Oh..I suppose I COULD do that for now, but he's 11 GP away from the 160 limit so I'll probably have to drop him soon unless he scores like 20 points in his first 11 games.

Anyways enough outta you

Kidding lol thanks for the input man, anyone else have anything on Kindl?

Dobber Sports Expert

Sentium would be the best source for all things WINGS related.

I have a couple of thoughts. It's tough to project WINGS players b/c they develop them so slowly and deliberately. I can't say they play similar style games, but Kronwall intrigues me comparison wise. Kronwall broke into the WINGS organization around 23-24 years of age and played two seasons of less than 30 games. He did however post 5 and 9 points and was a plus player both years. He spent a year in the AHL in between these two partial NHL seasons and dominated putting up 53 points in 76 GP and again was a plus player.

Kindl is of similar age and has already logged a season of 48 GP with only 4 points to show for it. He also was a minus player which won't sit well with Babcock and certainly won't earn him loads of extra ice time which the WINGS dole out sparingly to prospects to begin with. What concerns me the most is that despite tearing up the OHL, Kindl has played 3 seasons in the AHL of over 70 GP, but has never exceeded 33 points and has been a minus player all 3 seasons.

If you consider Kronwall as a #3-4 D with a bit of upside to maybe be a #2 D in a perfect situation...like Rafalski retiring out of the blue, it's hard to envision Kindl as much more than a #5-6 D right now with upside down the road to be a #3 D in a perfect [read unlikely] situation.

I'm not sure how many hits or blocked shots he averages. He was putting up roughly 1.5 shots per game. You know your league best, but I don't see much from him. If DET hadn't signed White I'd be a little more optimistic. Even the Ericsson signing pushes Kindle further down the depth chart. I see him battling with Commodore for ice time in the #6 spot. At 12-13 minutes per game in roughly 40-45 games what are you really hoping for?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask