Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEED Defenseman

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default NEED Defenseman

As you can see in my signature I am in need to draft defenseman and I unfortunately traded away all my picks to get the players I have so I don't have a pick until the 8th round. So as you can see I'm in a very tight spot. I'm looking at guys that might be under the radar or don't have as much respect as they should. I'm desperate and will look at absolutely anybody. Names I have in mind are: Kulikov, Taormina.... anybody else that will even have a remotely good year. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Both guys you've named are worth a look. Taormina is going to have a problem with how many dmen NJ has competing for spots this year, but looked good in his limited stint last year. Another NJ dman that likely is available is Noreau - back to back 50 point AHL seasons - but he's probably a long shot.

Is Tanev available? If so, he'd be worth a go.

Andrew MacDonald on NYI available? He gets less talk than Hamonic, so may be available.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Tanev is available but MacDonald is owned but more than likely be dropped. He was only a mid season waiver pickup. Thanks! Any other names?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

M Andre Bergeron if available. Think he gets big PP time and points

Simon Despres Pitt

Ty Wishart NYI

Dobber Sports Stud

In keeping with the MA Bergeron theme - Souray!! Back in the NHL with Dallas and should get PP time alongside Goligoski.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Ace

maybe guys like:

Giordano, CGY - although he is gaining in popularity recently
    Meszaros, PHI - stepped up nicely late last season
    B. Clark, TB - quietly got 31 points

look for guys that were injured last year but had points when playing (and hope they stay healthy)

Zidlicky, MIN - 24 pts. in 46 games
    Colaicovo, STL - 25 pts. in 65 games

I dont have much knowledge of propsects, etc. as our league doesn't use them so maybe someone else can give you an idea of better up and comers to target. Hope I helped a little.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Banned

Gonchar might be an option, as people don't value him highly anymore.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dan Hamuis had an atrocious year last year for the Nucks as far as points are concerned. He may be available and will be playing in the first defensive pairing, with second pp time due to Erhoff leaving. I think he's a 30+ pt player this year for sure.

Dobber Sports Genius

You can try these guys:
    Gunnarson in Toronto
    Weber in Montreal
    Leddy in Chicago
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks guys. Is there any rookies that possibly could come outta nowhere? Possibly have a breakout 2nd/3rd/4th yr that nobody has thought of?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey HabsFan,

I happen to really like Jason Demers. He's a big bodied guy that can move pretty well on the ice and he seems to have above average offensive instincts. Before the Burns trade I had him slotted in the top pp d-pairing due to his performance in the first two rounds of the playoffs. Burns complicates things a little, but with his (Burns') history of injury and similar playing style to Boyle, I could see Demers getting decent pp time this year. It's a bit of a shot in the dark but I really noticed him against Detroit and think he may be a decent player in 1-3 years.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nashlenas View Post
    Dan Hamuis had an atrocious year last year for the Nucks as far as points are concerned. He may be available and will be playing in the first defensive pairing, with second pp time due to Erhoff leaving. I think he's a 30+ pt player this year for sure.
    Hamhuis did pretty much what he's done every year except one. I wouldn't count on a big increase. He might get a bit more PP time, but don't forget that Ballard is also there. He's been able to put up points in the past.

Edler, Bieksa, Salo, Hamhuis, Ballard -- that's a lot of competition for time and points from the back end.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Hamhuis did pretty much what he's done every year except one. I wouldn't count on a big increase. He might get a bit more PP time, but don't forget that Ballard is also there. He's been able to put up points in the past.

Edler, Bieksa, Salo, Hamhuis, Ballard -- that's a lot of competition for time and points from the back end.
    All good pts - the only name I take issue with is Keith Ballard. Somehow, he managed to play himself into a position where the 'Nucks coaching staff preferred Andrew Alberts, Chris Tanev, and whomever else they could find over Ballard through much of the season and all of the playoffs. Publically, both sides are talking about making things work, but I can't see Ballard staying in town very long unless he puts together a major change in his game or his attitude. The word on the street is that he complained from day one about the practice habits of the Canucks organization - that they were more like junior than pro practices. Apparently his squealing did not stop, regardless of how many talking(s)-to he had.

But you are right about Hamhuis, he is not offensively gifted, nor has he ever really put up big numbers. But, when you have to scratch you have to scratch, and he will get the ice time next year to warrant consideration, if nothing else.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan12 View Post
    Thanks guys. Is there any rookies that possibly could come outta nowhere? Possibly have a breakout 2nd/3rd/4th yr that nobody has thought of?
    Kulikov is definitely a good candidate.

Others might be Hamonic, Kindl perhaps (and White is another guy that could get ignored but should fill some of Rafalski's shoes), Clitsome, Del Zotto should get a shot at redemption, J. Boychuk, and keep an eye on what NJ has going. Taormina did well for a spell, Mark Fayne put up some numbers down the stretch, and Salmela might get some time.

I also wonder who Minnesota's gonna have from the blueline? If Scandella makes the team, he could be surprise.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Give me Kulikov every time.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."