Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Edlers worth

The Great One

I don't understand why you wouldn't want to get a legit starting goalie now, even if you aren't competing right away. If you can get one now, that is just one less thing you will have to get later when (hopefully) you are competing. I think it would be a bad idea to deal Edler and not get a goalie back, plus something else very good. If you can't do that, I'd hold onto him. Adam and Lehner is not even remotely close to the return I'd be looking for. I'm much prefer something like Neuvirth and a top-end young forward or dman as well.

However, the best advice you probably received in this thread was not to deal Edler at all right now. Although he had a very good season last year, due to his injury he is still probably underrated. I'm sure you'd be able to get even more for him after the upcoming season when he almost certainly puts up over 50 pts.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I don't understand why you wouldn't want to get a legit starting goalie now, even if you aren't competing right away. If you can get one now, that is just one less thing you will have to get later when (hopefully) you are competing. I think it would be a bad idea to deal Edler and not get a goalie back, plus something else very good. If you can't do that, I'd hold onto him. Adam and Lehner is not even remotely close to the return I'd be looking for. I'm much prefer something like Neuvirth and a top-end young forward or dman as well.

However, the best advice you probably received in this thread was not to deal Edler at all right now. Although he had a very good season last year, due to his injury he is still probably underrated. I'm sure you'd be able to get even more for him after the upcoming season when he almost certainly puts up over 50 pts.

Bingo.

Need for a goalie is huge, you have to realize that whether you're competing now or not you're going to have to get a legitimate goaltender SOMEHOW, its not like they just fall onto your lap.
    Lehner is at least two years if not three away, so unless you're willing to lose for that long it makes no sense to acquire him now. Holtby is a great prospect but that's really all he is, a prospect. Again, at least two years if not three as he and Neuvirth likely battle out for the starting job after Vokoun leaves (if he leaves)

And the guys here are absolutely correct. Edler's value is only going to get higher from here on out, and best of all he's affordable at a shade over 3 million. If you're trying to rebuild then Edler is the type of piece you want to have, not deal away.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Stud

Your league is pretty close to the one in my sig. Coincidentally, I just (2 days ago) acquired Edler and the price I paid was Howard, starter in his prime on a good team. And I'm happy with the deal. That should give you a good benchmark of Edler's trade value.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Ace

ya i agree with everyone here. edler is turning into one of the better fantasy options for dmen. i dont think he is top 10 yet, but i think he could make a push for that elite status in 2-3 years. the guy is still young on a reasonable contract. Last year i think he could of hit 55+ if he hadnt got injured. He was really coming into a zone right before the injury. I remember watching the van/cgy game where he was a machine and got 2 goals. the guy is a force to be reckoned with. with erhoff gone i think its only gonna help him progress. last year many of times the nucks chose to use 4 forwards on the PP with erhoff. now it looks to be that edler is the number one option on that top PP. I think he could have both an increase in goals(slightly) and second assists. Keep this guy unless the deal is undeniable. Players like this on teams like this dont come around every day.
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Basically its Sasquatchs plan to not have a reasonable goalie and try to finish dead last and claim one of the top draft picks for next season. He traded away Luongo, and has been shopping around Malkin as well.

He does have a really good group of prospects, so in 3-5yrs his team will be a good one. This season there is no hope sadly.

So Edler is also on the block for propects. If he cant compete and dosnt want to for 3 years the Lehner is probably not a bad prospect goalie to go for. But by that stage Holtby might also be a starter somewhere. Who knows with prospects, it might not be a bad idea to have several good prospect goalies, it would increase the chances of one making it big.
    Also if loosing is the plan the trading Edler would be the right thing to do.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Adam was AHL rookie of the year in scoring
    yes....AHL.... wasnt Jeff Tambellini great in the AHL aswell.....
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

theafhl.com - 20 Team Dynasty - H2H - Daily Lineups
    3-LW, 3-C, 3-RW, 4-D, 1-UTIL, 1-G, 8-Bench, 5-IR, Farm-27
    Stats - (G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, SV's, SV%, GAA, SHO)

4th in 12-13
    3rd in 11-12
    16th in 10-11

Victoria Vipers
    C - Backstrom, Kopitar, RNH, Lecavalier
    LW - D.Sedin, Nash, Heatley, Fleischmann, Franzen
    RW - Ovechkin, Eberle, Skinner, Jagr, Clutterbuck
    D - Green, Doughty, Carlson, Chara, Hedman, Markov
    G - Price, Lehtonen, Varlamov
    Farm - Havlat, Granlund, Killorn, Kruger, Pulock, Kuemper, Eriksson