Thread: Up and comers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Up and comers

Anybody think that their is realistic chance any of these guys become starters one day?

G- Richard Bachman-Dal
    G- Mike Murphy-Car
    G- Darcy Keumper-Min
    G- Michael Leighton-Phi
    G- Niko Hoivinen -Phi
    G- J.P. Anderson-SJ
    G- Jeremy Smith-Nsh

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

From what i have read, Bachman and Murphy are progessing nicely and getting better every year. Bachman has potentially the easier chance to get to start for DAL if Lehtonen's band-aid-ness returns. As a Murphy owner, i am loving what i read about this guy and although Ward is fully entrenched as THE CAR GOALIE, the back-up spot could be available soon or he could be shopped if he has nothing else to prove in the AHL.

I am very interested to see how Keumper does in his first year of pro as his number in the WHL were awesome again this year.

Leighton could steal a #1 spot on another team but it won't be in PHI. he could potentially get dealt or waived and do exactly what he did in PHI 2 years ago but i believe he hasn't been as strong since his injury that lost him his starting job last year.

All of these goalies are longer term projects and with that said, lots can happen in 3-5 years and a lot can change.

My preference would be:
    G- Mike Murphy-Car
    G- Richard Bachman-Dal
    G- Darcy Keumper-Min
    G- Jeremy Smith-Nsh
    G- J.P. Anderson-SJ
    G- Michael Leighton-Phi
    G- Niko Hoivinen -Phi

Leighton would move up the list if you are trying to potentially earn some starts sooner than later but he has just as much of a chance to become an AHL full-timer in my opinion.
    12 team - 25 man NHL roster/25 man farm - Full Keeper
    League (own salary cap).
    H2H: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG / W, SV%, GAA, SHO

2013-2014 LEAGUE CHAMPION
    2014-2015 LEAGUE CHAMPION

C - Crosby, Seguin, Thornton, Backes, C.Smith, Anisimov
    LW - Kunitz, Parise, Marchand, Moulson, Beleskey
    RW - Hornqvist, Brouwer, Gallagher, K.Hayes, O'Reilly
    D - Karlsson, Burns, Byfuglien, Streit, R.Ellis
    G - Rask, Fleury, Lehtonen, C. Anderson

Farm
    F- Nyquist, Mark Stone, Pearson, Trocheck, McKegg, Rajala, N. Petersen, C. Brown
    D- Goncharov
    G- Visnetin, Thiessen, Murphy, Janus

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by AJB86 View Post
    Anybody think that their is realistic chance any of these guys become starters one day?

G- Richard Bachman-Dal
    G- Mike Murphy-Car
    G- Darcy Keumper-Min
    G- Michael Leighton-Phi
    G- Niko Hoivinen -Phi
    G- J.P. Anderson-SJ
    G- Jeremy Smith-Nsh

Cheers!
    Bachman - yes, but Lehtonen is there and unless he gets a shot soon then Campbell will be given the opportunity due to pedigree.

Murphy - Yes, possibly.

Kuemper - big upside and had a phenomenal season. Behind Hackett, Harding, and Backstrom though.

Leighton - future doesn't look too good.

Hoivinen - probably not.

Anderson - possibly, but a long long ways away.

Smith - no.

My top 3 would be Bachman, Kuemper, and Murphy.

Dobber Sports Monster

G- Richard Bachman-Dal
    G- Mike Murphy-Car
    G- Darcy Keumper-Min

These 3 I would keep close eye on. They'll have the best shot to start of the players you listed. Some of these guys will probably be with different organizations at some point to get a chance to start.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This question depends on when you feel like competeing...

Bachman/Murphy - should/could get thier oppertunitys next year... Bachman just has to stay healthy and solid for 50 AHL games this year for his... Murphy needs to jump Peters and instill confidance in the organization, this could be alot cause I feel Peters is a Legit NHL goalie and is being sent to the AHL to get more games, which reading between the lines means Murphy will be the AHL backup (but I also feel Murphy is the better goalie).

Kuemper seems to be a couple years away... just getting outta JR, and needing to jump Hackett... We also haven't seen him be a starter in Pro yet so thats a bit of an unknown like the potential or not...

Leighton seems like he will be in a top Tier or close Pro all the time... as an NHL starter... likely not... 1A/B maybe... He also could be a guy Russia eats up next season...

Jeremy Smith has to jump alot in the Nashville organization Rinne being the main thing, to be a starter... Nashville does give most of thier prospects a Chance, But I also feel Atte Engren is a better goalie... Chet Pickard is doing everything he can to knock himself off the radar much like Justin Pogge... Oh and the is a Lindback in there who is already there... For jermy to be a starter its 4+ years away and not in Nashville...

J.P. Anderson is in a great organization for producing NHL-able goalies... but not alot are starters or hold the jobs long, Nabokov and Kipper are about the only 2 that San Jose developed into NHL starters in the past 20ish years... Scheafer, Greiss, Toskala and Patzold have all proven NHL capable in limited roles. Thats not to say JP doesnt have the talent or can't, but its a long term project (4+ years) with Niemi, Greiss, Stalock, Sexsmith and Sateri to jump...

I have no opinion on Hoivonen as he has only played 1 season as a starter in Major Pro (played well) and is gonna play again in Finland this season... I can only say Very Long Shot... But Niemi proved it can be done... and he actually did it from the same Pelicans that Hoivonen is currently playing for, but Niemi was a starter 3 years and was 24 when he jumped over, Hoivonen is currently 23...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck