Thread: Need to axe one my dmen, who?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Need to axe one my dmen, who?

My salaries are starting to skyrocket.

My D and G is fairly strong but my forward group is lacking. I'm looking at releasing Huselius and Laich due to injuries and/or salary.

Do I stick with the D rotation that I have and hope for the best in the draft?

My top Dmen of Green,Boyle,Yandle,Wiz,Seidenberg is already $25M. I keep flip-flopping on trading Boyle or Yandle for a top six dman. (I've dumped all my Phx players which doesn't show in my sig; Stempniak,Whitney,Hanzal and Bryz is now in Philly)

Having a concentration of players on teams is a plus as they carry into the playoffs.
    16 Team Salary Cap Keeper League

12F: Kovalchuk,Huselius,L.Eriksson,Purcell,Downie,Calla han,Filatov,Butler,Johansen,Laich,Jeffrey,T.Ruutu
    6D: M.Green,D.Boyle,Yandle,Seidenberg,Wiz,Boychuk,
    2G: Lundqvist,Bryzgalov

Reserve
    F: Sexton,Schremp,Parentau
    D: DelZotto,A.MacDonald,Russell
    G: Frazee

Dmen-G.A.PPG.Hat.+/-.Maj.SHOG
    Goalies-Complicated

Dobber Sports Ace

not sure how many d you start but Seidenberg would be the 1st to go for me,next i'd try to move Wiz who is likely to see a drop in production and eats up too much cap...Yandle and Boyle likely will justify their big caphits.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Icon

Tough call btw Seidenberg and Boychuk, but taking $ into consideration, my 1st choice would be to trade Boyle for solid youth, if not then Seidenberg would be the drop.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Newbie

Whoops, should of said I would trade them for a top six forward. I know Seidenberg is the weakest but playing with Chara and his +/- makes him a little attractive for his smaller salary hit compared to Yandle whom will see a hit in his +/- with a crappier goalie behind him and all the current hype makes his trade value very nice.
    16 Team Salary Cap Keeper League

12F: Kovalchuk,Huselius,L.Eriksson,Purcell,Downie,Calla han,Filatov,Butler,Johansen,Laich,Jeffrey,T.Ruutu
    6D: M.Green,D.Boyle,Yandle,Seidenberg,Wiz,Boychuk,
    2G: Lundqvist,Bryzgalov

Reserve
    F: Sexton,Schremp,Parentau
    D: DelZotto,A.MacDonald,Russell
    G: Frazee

Dmen-G.A.PPG.Hat.+/-.Maj.SHOG
    Goalies-Complicated

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by steeb View Post
    Whoops, should of said I would trade them for a top six forward. I know Seidenberg is the weakest but playing with Chara and his +/- makes him a little attractive for his smaller salary hit compared to Yandle whom will see a hit in his +/- with a crappier goalie behind him and all the current hype makes his trade value very nice.
    Well I would see what you can get for Boyle - Green/Yandle is pretty solid, maybe you can get a good prospect D thrown in, depending on your protections.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya I agree that you should try and swap Boyle for a younger forward with top-line potential. Should be able to get something decent I would think
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones