Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Islanders

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: New York Islanders

I'm staying out of isles thread until Tavares signs with __________________

seeya july ' ish

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'm staying out of isles thread until Tavares signs with VEGAS!

seeya july ' ish
    Vegas, baby, Vegas.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'm pretty sure that whatever negotiations are currently happening are being done above Snows head and have been for some time . The money man behind the Isles (Scott Malkin) has been the one meeting with JT's agent .Garth is obviously being kept in the loop though.

there was also a tweet floating around yesterday that both malkin and ledecky were going to have a sit down with Sorokins agent soon ; doesnt sound too promising for Garths future if his owners are doing all the lifting for him .
    Not disagreeing, but why keep Snow on then?

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Legend

Listening to one of the recent Bob McKenzie Bobcasts, he said that he is "not reporting" Tavares is leaving the Islanders, but all logical indications are telling him that Tavares is leaving the Islanders. He also said he doesn't think Montreal or Toronto will be anywhere near the top of his list - to the disappointment of many Canadians - but he thinks San Jose, St. Louis, and a few other teams in the West could be.

Dobber Sports Stud

Not sure what kind of sauce the press and Habs fans are drinking to think JT would sign there. Talk about a tire fire...

The leafs can't sign him to any real term unless they sell off parts of the team to make the space for emerging RFA's.

Sharks do not have those problems.

Saint Louis doesn't strike me as the best place for JT but then again they have shown an ability to bring in top talent like Gretzky in the past. More recently Stastny. So I suppose that does make some sense.

its going to be an interesting offseason
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Not disagreeing, but why keep Snow on then?
    As a fall guy to take the blame. They can say they had to step in since Snow couldn't get it done, and I think there are very, very few Isles fans who wouldn't want a different GM.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The Isles are reportedly kicking the tires on KHL Gagarin Cup-winning goalie with Ak Bars Kazan Emil Garipov. https://www.lighthousehockey.com/201...-grapov-voynov
    Garipov has re-signed for 2 more years in Kazan. The Islanders will have to look elsewhere for someone to share the crease with Greiss.

Dobber Sports Jedi

if JT goes, this team hits full bore rebuild - with a few decent pieces already in place. That Ladd contract becomes easier to swallow as there will be less impetus on competing for the next couple of years. Boychuk's contract is buy-out-able, or tradable if they eat a sizeable amount. Some good young D in the wings - Aho, Toews to go along with Pulock, Pelech... but man, Snow's genius moves & there have been a few are so overshadowed by his blundering mistakes. .

FWIW... I still think he resigns... if I remember correctly, there were lots of reports of Stamkos leaving TB and heading to Det, Buf, Tor
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    if JT goes, this team hits full bore rebuild - with a few decent pieces already in place. That Ladd contract becomes easier to swallow as there will be less impetus on competing for the next couple of years. Boychuk's contract is buy-out-able, or tradable if they eat a sizeable amount. Some good young D in the wings - Aho, Toews to go along with Pulock, Pelech... but man, Snow's genius moves & there have been a few are so overshadowed by his blundering mistakes. .

FWIW... I still think he resigns... if I remember correctly, there were lots of reports of Stamkos leaving TB and heading to Det, Buf, Tor
    Stamkos actually went through the whole free agent discussion period and had serious talks with other teams but he eventually figured out he wants to return to Tampa, and obviously their cheaper tax rates didn't hurt their case. Not sure that's going to happen if Tavares gets to free agency.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think the difference between Stamkos signing with Tampa and Tavares signing with the Islanders is that one team showed more of a desire to win. I know Snow didn't walk into a good situation when he came on as GM but during his time there, they've made the playoffs like 4 times. Part of me really hopes to see JT walk as it would be entertaining to see what unfolds for the NYI, also, I have Ho Sang in my pool and would love for them to bring him up full time HAHA!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Jedi

he did walk into a shitty situation, but he's been there a decade and he's failed to put anything cohesive together. It's not entirely his fault. he really was just never fully qualified for the job.
    I'm not sure why there has been such fierce loyalty to Snow, it really is time to move on from him. Keep him in the org. sure, just get him off negotiations.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Interesting thought from Elliotte Friedman on 31 Thoughts the podcast - if Lou Lamoriello goes to the Islanders, does he take Mark Hunter with him?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Interesting thought from Elliotte Friedman on 31 Thoughts the podcast - if Lou Lamoriello goes to the Islanders, does he take Mark Hunter with him?
    I had been wondering where Hunter hasn't seemed to of commented on the Dubas hiring, if he would go to Long Island ..... alone

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I guess it depends on the job Lou accepts. If he's going as GM, I am not sure Hunter goes with him. If Lou is going as President of Hockey Operations and is looking to add a GM, then I can see Hunter making his way there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I guess it depends on the job Lou accepts. If he's going as GM, I am not sure Hunter goes with him. If Lou is going as President of Hockey Operations and is looking to add a GM, then I can see Hunter making his way there.
    Perhaps that would be the case, or perhaps it would be something similar as Lou/Dubas in Toronto where Lou holds the job for some time and then Hunter takes over.