Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Anaheim Ducks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Anaheim Ducks

Hypothetical question:

If Anaheim were to back just enough to make the salaries equal, who would you rather have at $5M per season? Gibson or Campbell?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Gibson hands down.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Gibson hands down.
    So you like Gibson at $5M but not at $6.4, or you just don't like Campbell? It seems theres lots if hate for Gibson in recent years to the point where most don't think he's a good goalie anymore.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Don’t hate either one - just answering your question…at $5mil per I prefer Gibson. And I think he’d be a good fit in Edmonton.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depends on what I want.

If I want a guy who may be the starter or will be a complementary piece, I want Campbell.
    If I need them to be the main reason we get to the playoffs, it's neither. If I have to pick one, it's Gibson, I guess, because he's considered still very good by more people.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It seems theres lots if hate for Gibson in recent years to the point where most don't think he's a good goalie anymore.
    I don't really think he's a good goalie anymore. He has't had a quality season in 4 seasons. I don't have confidence he'll snap back to being an above-average goalie.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; August 27, 2023 at 10:41 PM. Reason: missed word
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am picking Gibson.

I feel like its the team that let's Gibson down, rather than Gibson letting the team down.

I think with the young guys getting older, they will be more responsible and better defensively and it will help Gibson return to his younger form.

Dobber Sports Icon

For the Oilers, I would prefer Campbell as I think he's more likely to bounce back to his numbers from 2 years ago than Gibson to his numbers from 4 years ago. That's the last time Gibson was any good. I also think Campbell is more likely to perform well in a 1B role than Gibson is and I think Skinner is better than both of them.

If I was a playoff team in need of a new number one, I would take a chance on Gibson because he has higher upside than Campbell even though I think he's less likely to get back to it.

Dobber Sports Deity

I mean, it's obviously a hypothetical question, but I was curious where people were on both. If I had my choice, I'd want Gibson at $5M over Campbell but it's never going to happen.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I mean, it's obviously a hypothetical question, but I was curious where people were on both. If I had my choice, I'd want Gibson at $5M over Campbell but it's never going to happen.
    I agree that I'd rather have Gibson too. 6.4 M for 4 more seasons and 4 straight seasons of below GSAE makes him a difficult player to trade. What would Gibson make as a free agent with his play the last 4 seasons? 4 M for 2-3 seasons?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

I am really interested to see how Gibson would perform playing for a new team.

Ducks have not been competitive and goalie is a high focus position. New team, new energy.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I am really interested to see how Gibson would perform playing for a new team.

Ducks have not been competitive and goalie is a high focus position. New team, new energy.
    I agree with this, and do think Gibson would preform better on a good team. The issue is that Gibson is being paid as a top 5 goalie in the league. No team is willing to take that risk unless Anaheim retains a decent chunk of his salary. If Anaheim wanted to do this, I think it would have already happened.

The Magnificent One

me again asking this... what is going on with Zegras and his contract. this is really killing me in my keeper salary cap league!!!!
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Well looks like some update. Zegras not in training camp and the a crazy low offer from the team.

As a salary cap owner I would love to see him sign that bridge deal for 3-4m that would be amazing. Not sure what the team is doing here but there is a plan I’m sure lol
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Well looks like some update. Zegras not in training camp and the a crazy low offer from the team.

As a salary cap owner I would love to see him sign that bridge deal for 3-4m that would be amazing. Not sure what the team is doing here but there is a plan I’m sure lol
    I wonder if Zegras has the gumption to let this carry into the season. When was the last time an RFA didn't sign until well into the season, Nylander?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg