Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Point projections for these dmen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mojo I don't have patience for a cyber war. The fact that I don't post here often doesn't mean it's my first day in fantasy hockey or projecting for that matter. I remember having a projection's argument in my own league last yr. I don't pull crap out of my backside. It's thought out. I said Tanguay would hit 70 reunited with Iginla. They all thought I was drunk. He failed with Lecavalier, he was washed up. I drafted him, they chuckled. One of many examples.

The Great One

emidio69...even if you don't post much, you've been around this site as long (if not longer) than most of us, so don't let what anyone says about your opinion stop you from contributing as much or as little as you want, anytime you want.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

On a side note is there a way to change a user name without creating a new account? Emidio69 is such an old moniker.

Quote Originally Posted by emidio69 View Post
    Firstly I will not stop posting. Secondly your point of last season is quite interesting. Especially considering that last year was a low scoring year for point totals, and this was widely discussed in most fantasy circles. Making points like only 6 defenseman eclipsed 51pts is quite funny. We'll just forget the 3 that netted 50 dead on, or the additional 9 that scored between 45-50 pts. 45pts for any of these guys would be pretty close to my projections. Did you know that Keith, Green and Doughty didn't clip more than 45pts last year. Because of that do you only pencil them in for 40 this year?
    50 is a magical number as a defenseman, and granted only a handful actually pass that mark annually. Having said that all 4 of these players are in a position to eclipse that number or come within a few points of those totals. They are all key players and contributors to their respective team's PP. I firmly believe we will see a scoring increase this year and we will have quite a few more 50+ point defenseman this year. Outside of these four players there are quite a few players that can score 50+ given health or because they are in the right situations. I already mention Green, Doughty and Keith. What about Markov and Streit. They are both key pieces to their teams PP, and if they can play a full season they too can eclipse 50. How about Kronwall in DET. With Rafakski gone he will probably eat those minutes, and he too has had 50+ before. How about Chara who had back to back 50+ before only getting 44pts last season. The opportunity is there. And like I said I expect a gluttony of defenseman to break that mark or come extremely close. If you want to disagree feel free. If it's too mind numbing perhaps you should stop reading!
    Awesome response...
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by emidio69 View Post
    On a side note is there a way to change a user name without creating a new account? Emidio69 is such an old moniker.
    I think the only way to do it is to send Dobber a PM. He can do it for you.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think the only way to do it is to send Dobber a PM. He can do it for you.
    Thanks will do