Byfuglien
    Goligoski
    Phaneuf
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ninja

Edler 12G 35A
    buff 17G 33A
    Goli 10G 35A
    Phaneuf 10G 28A

Based on nothing but gut feeling lol, was a little conservative on all I think.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

thanks b0ndon...anyone else?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Edler - 10-30-40
    Byfuglien - 18-36-54
    Goligoski - 12-30-42
    Phaneuf - 15-39-54
    ESPN-12 team H2H Keeper w. Farm
    C:Crosby,Roy,Sedin,Jokinen,Antropov,Brassard
    LW: Sedin,Lucic,Booth,McGinn,Pacioretty,Benn,
    Tedenby
    RW:Hossa,Fleischmann,Doan,PMB,Frolik
    D:Gonchar,Goligoski,Carlson,Letang,Suter,Yandle,
    Russell,Petry,Kindl
    G:Neuvirth,Lehtonen,Brodeur,M.Smith,Lehner
    Roster: Start 3-C,3-RW,3-LW,3-F,6-D,2-G
    Bench:5 Farm:15
    Stats(skaters):G,A,PPP,SHP,PIM,Hits,SOG,Blocks
    Stats(goalies):W,SV%,GAA

http://ihf.servebeer.com/

Edler: He should be in the 40 point range. He seems like a guy with 45-50 point potential but always gets hurt.

Byfuglien: This guys had a huge season last year with 53 points but his production slowed down drastically at the end of the season. Big Buff should be good for 45 points since he is hitting his prime now and will shoulder alot of playing time in Winnipeg.

Goligoski: If Goligoski plays a full season im thinking 50-55 points for this D man. He is #1 in Dallas and is getting all the minutes he needs to become a top offensive blueliner in the NHL. Obviously Dallas losing Richard hurts but his almost PPG pace in Dallas when he got traded was without Richards because he was injured.

Phaneuf: I'm a leafs fan. And I love Phaneuf in his WJC days and early rookie years. Here is the problem. This guy has always been slow and bad defensivily. He corrected that with crunching checks giving himself time and space against the opposition because they were afraid. Now one of two things happened or a bit of both. 1. Phaneuf stopped crunching guys. 2. The NHL forwards got faster and Phaneuf cant keep up.

Now your probly asking me what does have to do with offensive production. When your looking silly in your own end your confidence is shoot. Phaneuf is a good guy that has alot of pride in his play and is a leader. I would never question his efforts but he doesn't seem to be the same player and it's too bad because he is a down to earth type of guy. He should get to 35-40 points in Toronto but I think his 50-60 point range is over unless he can improve his defensive play.

Dobber Sports Giant

Edler 9-28-37
    Byfuglien - 20-32-52
    Goligoski - 10-27-37
    Phaneuf - 12-35-47
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Phaneuf outpointing Edler by 10 or more?

I know this is everyone's own projections, but yeesh am I in left field with this one because I find that ridiculous.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

The Great One

As expected, projections are all over the place. I am surprised how high people are on Byfuglien, for the most part. With the way he slowed down during the second half, I thought more people wouldn't expect him to repeat his 50+ pt season. The guy really only had half a good season in his career up to this point, so I personally have a hard time believing he will be a 50 pt dman going forward.

I really like Edler. Despite missing a lot of games, he put up 33 pts. If he somehow played closer to 82 games, I think he'd be a lock for 50+ pts, but I guess that is the problem with Edler. Will he ever come close to 82 games?

Goligoski looked unbelievable in Dallas, but Richards leaving will certainly impact the entire PP unit, including Goli. I agree that 40-45 pts is more plausible for him than the 50+ pt pace he was on in Dallas.

I just threw Phaneuf in there at the last minute. I was curious how people value him. Not surprising, he is the one player in the list who people either love (50+ pts) or dislike (under 40 pts).

Thanks everyone.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Like I said Goligoski put those numbers up without Brad Richards. Richards was injured. How did that influence what he did last years production. He put up those great numbers without B-RAD

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    As expected, projections are all over the place. I am surprised how high people are on Byfuglien, for the most part. With the way he slowed down during the second half, I thought more people wouldn't expect him to repeat his 50+ pt season. The guy really only had half a good season in his career up to this point, so I personally have a hard time believing he will be a 50 pt dman going forward.

I really like Edler. Despite missing a lot of games, he put up 33 pts. If he somehow played closer to 82 games, I think he'd be a lock for 50+ pts, but I guess that is the problem with Edler. Will he ever come close to 82 games?

Goligoski looked unbelievable in Dallas, but Richards leaving will certainly impact the entire PP unit, including Goli. I agree that 40-45 pts is more plausible for him than the 50+ pt pace he was on in Dallas.

I just threw Phaneuf in there at the last minute. I was curious how people value him. Not surprising, he is the one player in the list who people either love (50+ pts) or dislike (under 40 pts).

Thanks everyone.

Dobber Sports Icon

My prediction is:

Edler 11-32-43
    Byfuglien - 14-31-45
    Goligoski - 11-31-42
    Phaneuf - 13-34-47

These guys are all solid pickups and I see them having similar point totals given their respective situations.

I don't see Byfuglien continuing the torrid pace from the 1st half of last season, but he's still the go-to guy on D with Enstrom so he should be fine. I think with even more emphasis on the D for scoring in D, and now that Souray is there to feed on the point, Goligoski will also do just fine, although I don't see him hitting the 50+ point mark as some are suggesting. I think Phaneuf, of the 4, could have a really big year.
    Last edited by ross10019; July 13, 2011 at 2:42 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Re: Goligoski

yeap, his numbers were great...I just don't see him repeating. The PP unit won't be as good as it was last year, without Richards. Goligoski may have put up most of his numbers when Richards was hurt, but he did play with Richards a bit towards the end. My point is just that the PP unit in Dallas won't be as good with Richards gone. We often see dmen (heck, players in general) go nutty after a trade to a new team, but they aren't often able to sustain that over the long-term. I think we saw something similar when Byfuglien started the season with his new team.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Padawan

Edler 8-38-46
    Buff 19-30-49
    Gogo 12-36-48
    Dion 11-33-44
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

The Wolverine

Edler 11-33-44: still young and continues to grow into being solid all round. I don't expect last year's pace (the whole team offensively was on fire) but a career best.

Byfuglien 19-31-50: more consistent throughout the season means similar numbers overall compared to last season (not as hot as the first half, not as cold as the second half). I expect the team as a whole should be more consistent which I feel will help him.

Goligoski 10-35-47: as Edler, I don't think he'll have a massive year yet but will be a career season and potential good signs to come for the future. Won't shoot as much with Souray there so goal totals to drop.

Phaneuf 10-31-41: a solid rebound season but until he shoots more accurately (from what I've read) then goal totals will be limited, which limits his point potential. Better late last season is encouraging.

Dobber Sports Legend

1.) Goligoski - 14G/38A/52Pts.

2.) Byfuglien - 19G/32A/51Pts.

3.) Edler - 12G/34A/46Pts.

4.) Phaneuf - 15G/29A/44Pts.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Assuming 82 games for each.

Edler 11-40-51pts: With Ehrhoff gone Edler will assume the role of top PP dman. His career trajectory is a developing Lidstrom. This season is a stride in that direction.

Byfuglien 15-35-50pts: At the half way mark it looked like he was going to lead all dmen by seasons end before cooling down. Since he'll be used in all the same situations a repeat is extremely likely. This is the one player on the list that has the upside to pass this projection by 10.

Goligoski 12-40-52pts: Too much focus being placed on the fact Richards is gone. This team stll has a very capable offense including Ribiero who was a point a game player prior to Brad's arrival in the big D. Dallas will have success on the PP and Goligoski will be a big part if that.

Phaneuf 13-38-51pts: Its funny reading the different opinions on Dion. Simple facts help me with my projection. He was supposed to have this offensive come back season last year, but that freak injury derailed it for him. Even when he returned he wasn't playing at his full potential. As the season wore on he found his groove and finished with 17pts in his last 25 games. That projects to 55pts over a full year and that's roughly where he will be.