Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shake's New Baby boy

Dobber Sports Stud

Congrats shake. The kid has a lot of great hockey pool advice to look forward too
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks guys!! Much appreciated.

for all those that inquired, no his name is not Jonathan Toews lol. He has a Toews jersey already though.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

congrats to you and your family!
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Genius

Smoothmove Shake!
    There will be lots of bumps in the road along the way my friend and next
    thing you know they're graduating from high school and entering boot camp!
    That's where my son is now and your picture just reminded me of where he was 18 yrs. ago!He had complications at birth too and many bumps followed but , what a ride it is!
    Thanks for the memories and congrats , it'll be fine.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Congrats!

Okay, I'm no British Nanny, but I'm pretty sure that "Shake" and "Baby" don't belong in the same sentence unless accompanied by a "don't... shake".

Don't worry though, hockey fans, like hockey players, are tough!!

Many congrats on the baby, good luck and best wishes.
    11 Team 1yr. daily update Yahoo Roto League (drafted 6th)
    Roster: 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 1U, 2G, 10 B, 1IR (NO max games played)
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, BS, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: J. Thornton, N. Backstrom, P. Stastny, D. Desharnais, Z. Konopka
    L: J. Benn (C/L), Jo. Staal (C/L), D. Perron (C/L), S. Kostitsyn, A. McDonald (C/L), B. Prust
    R: M. St.Louis, B. wheeler, J. Voracek, T. Purcell
    D: S. Weber, A. Goligoski, J. Carlson, D. Seidenberg, J. Gorges
    G: J. Quick, M. Smith, J. Hiller
    IR: --

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm done with the Blackhawks jokes, I'm sure he'll come up with a great name.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    I'm done with the Blackhawks jokes, I'm sure he'll come up with a great name.
    haha

his name is.

drumroll...

Matt Cooke- Smith

lol ok his real name is...

Baylor Michael Smith

Dobber Sports Monster

Over the past 10 months I've been dealing with alot of medical issues with my son....

As of earlier this afternoon my son is 100% cleared of all medical issues and we can now focus on a normal life. I am stoked so I had to share this update with you guys since I first posted about my boy back in July of 2011. It's been a long process and outside of close family and friends I have pretty much kept things close to the hip, as its very nerve racking not really knowing what's gonna happen each time you visit the doctor and we saw a ton of doctor's over this long process, we'd get hopeful at one visit and then feel confident going to the next visit, only to get knocked back down to our knees getting told something negative. Such an up and down rollercoaster this past 10-11 months has been. Each time we got knocked down, my wife and I would get right back up though and be strong for our boy.

At birth our son had a slew of issues, blood problems, jaundice, he tried to grow a 6th finger which you will see in the picture, it was just a sack of skin in a ball. ( that was an easy fix though) they simply removed via surgery and today you cannot even tell. He has all 5 fingers on each hand and 5 toes on each foot

In total, our boy had 5 blood transfusions,one of which had to be done through a vein in his head ( as you'll see in picture) but that was not enough. His anemia would not go away. His body just could not produce enough red blood cells. So he had to have a FULL Blood EXCHANGE which is mega serious issue, basically removing ALL his blood and exchanging ALL NEW blood into him. Talk about a nervous wreck during that procedure? If you do not have kids, I cannot even begin to tell how you damn nervous you get.

He came through just fine, but in the process of all this he developed a severe case Hypotonia, which is a muscle tone condition and being severe we were told him being able to walk was at 50% at best ( Thank God for seeking 2nd and 3rd opinions). This process was grueling and long. We had therapy each week , watching therapists work with your baby and making HIM WORK as he cries cause of the pain is tough to deal with, but you grow used to it cause you believe he's getting the help he needs so you show strength for him. My wife being a mom of course is emotional this entire time, so I show strenght and give her encouragement. IN the meantime I feel like sometimes I could not be strong enough. Trying to be strong for them but at same time I'm scared to death that my kid won't be right. As a man and as a father you worry about that, will I be able to play sports with him? Will he be able to walk to school on his own? WIll kids make fun of him? This is real life shit you think about during the process of seeing your kid going thru this stuff. All that therapy has paid off, he will be able to walk, he's already starting to get there now, his muscle tone has increased to that of " normal" for his young age. His cognitive skills are perfect. He is healthy now!

ANYWAY - wow enough rambling, I am sure if your even reading this at this point your bored to death hahah.

ALL I can say is that as of earlier today, wife and I and my son got awesome news as he tested out for the final time and we have NO issues whatsoever and can now put all the therapy, hospitals, doctor visits behind us and focus on the good stuff....

Below is a picture of him " before" and a picture of him " now"

I hope sharing my experiences did not bore you. I know it's personal stuff and this is just a website but whatever, don't care its like I can't share this awesome news with enough people! Amazing stuff...

Having things such as fantasy sports and my other interests has been therapy for me as well, it's allowed me to stop thinking so much about the issues with my kid ALL THE TIME, as it's allowed me to just get my mind off things and keep my sanity. Now, I do not have to worry any longer.

Ok now....back to hockey!!! Carry on
    Last edited by Shake; June 2, 2012 at 3:17 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

That's amazing and great to hear!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Master

Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cute kid by the way. I figured I would do a prospect report on him:

BabyShake is a dedicated athlete. He tenacious beyond belief and has a buring desire to win. He has an exceptional work ethic, never takes a shift off and is great in the corners. BabyShake isn't afraid to get his mitts dirty, but his paycheck will come from his silky smooth hands which weave the magic everytime he gets the puck. You could say he's a little bit Probert, but in reality he is much closer to Savard.

Upside - Power forward 45-55-100 (120 PIM)

I...am your father.

What great news Brandon, that's fantastic!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

That is fantastic news man, very heart warming story. I admire your dedication perseverance. Wish you and your family all the best going forward.

He looks like a fantasy hockey stud in the making... and apparently he's a sharks fan

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow man, that's a sad, but ultimately a feel-good story in the end. It sucks seeing your kids go through stuff, and this is coming from the guy with a 4 month old girl who's only had bad gas and shots. I hate that stuff. I'm a sucker and a softee. I'm happy to hear things are better and are looking up. Keep strong man and thanks for ultimately the encouragement to the rest of the dads around here.

Cute kid and like blayze said, glad he's a Sharks fan. I'll teach him how to do the Jaws theme stuff.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Man, that's awesome to hear, Shake! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing, because I have wondered from time to time how your little guy was doing. He's a beautiful, healthy looking boy, and he's a real fighter. This is a tremendous story, and he and your family will be stronger for it. Be proud, man; you guys trucked through something huge!

Banned

that's ****ing awesome Shakes, congrats to you and the little future HOF'er...give the wife a kiss for us and pass along all our best wishes