Thread: Recommended seats to watch the Senators?

The Wolverine

Default Recommended seats to watch the Senators?

I'm from Ottawa originally but it's been ages since I've been to a Senators game. Heck, the name of the arena has changed so much I have no idea what it's called anymore! It will always be the Palladium to me. But I digress.

I'll be back for the winter holidays and I was thinking of going to a game - in particular the game against the Flames on December 30th.

I don't want to pay through the nose but rather not be in the nose bleeds either (unless they are not too bad of seats - can't remember the views/dimensions/height etc). Any suggestions on seats/sections that are good value for money? Any areas to avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Banned

hey I meant to reply to this earlier

My family usually gets half-season tickets in the first row of the 200's, usually on the corner. They are perfect seats, IMO. Not too high, not too low. Just right. The corner ones are also cheaper than getting centre-ice tickets, and the view is just as good. You can see everything on the ice, and the first row is great as noody can block your view/lots of leg room.

Can't remember the cost but I don't think they're that bad (in comparison to the 100's).

100 level is also good, but it's more expensive and I find that the view is worse the lower you get.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    hey I meant to reply to this earlier

My family usually gets half-season tickets in the first row of the 200's, usually on the corner. They are perfect seats, IMO. Not too high, not too low. Just right. The corner ones are also cheaper than getting centre-ice tickets, and the view is just as good. You can see everything on the ice, and the first row is great as noody can block your view/lots of leg room.

Can't remember the cost but I don't think they're that bad (in comparison to the 100's).

100 level is also good, but it's more expensive and I find that the view is worse the lower you get.
    Thanks Ev,

Yeah I figured that the 200s was a good place, and definitely front row would be prime position. Totally in agreement with the low 100s as it's difficult to see the ends and the glare from the glass would have an effect. However, there's a chance (slim probably) that I could get to use my uncle's tickets, but not sure where there are, probably 100s. If so, I wouldn't complain!

What about front rows of the 300s? Are they too high? Also, what would you prefer - a 300 front row or a 200 mid row, say both are on the corners?

Banned

300 front row is a good option as well. It's not like the other 300 level seats where it's steep, it's level and provides a good view...not too high up either. I sat in the first row of the 300's behind the net at the World Juniors a couple of years ago. They were pretty good seats for 300 level tickets.

We used to have season tickets in the 300's, Row R, i.e. the VERY LAST row in the 300's. Those were way too high for me lol.

The ends of the 200's are about $60, $80, or $125 depending on the game (Gold, Silver, or Bronze based on opponent).

First row of the 300's on the ends are $40, $55, and $75.

Also, if you want some cool seats, the Ledge seats are prety neat. They are high up on the prss box level, behind the visitors' net. You sit behind glass in the first row or on some stools in the higher rows there. You also get a meal included in the price of the ticket ($55, $65, or $100).

Here the seating map as an FYI:

Banned

sorry that picture is too big and I can't edit it...now my post is cut off lol.

The Wolverine

Yeah I had a look at the seating chart as well and there are definitely a few options, and will keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks again.