Thread: #4 pick in draft New Dynasty league

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default #4 pick in draft New Dynasty league

20 Teams ....A bunch of Offensive categories ..G,A,PTS,Shots,Hits,PPP,SHP,GWG etc

Ovechkin,Crosby,Stamkos taken.Cant trade pick...

pulled the trigger on Evegni Malkin because of age and talent....

thought long and hard about Tavares (local) but not at #4.

Thoughts on Malking this year appreciated? and does Tavares make it back to me @ 36 > if he doesnt make it thru 1st round am I crazy for offering that team Malking for Tavares , their 2nd pick and they get my 36th pick or possibly i keep my 36th and would owe them my next pick..Help........

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by unlisted View Post
    20 Teams ....A bunch of Offensive categories ..G,A,PTS,Shots,Hits,PPP,SHP,GWG etc

Ovechkin,Crosby,Stamkos taken.Cant trade pick...

pulled the trigger on Evegni Malkin because of age and talent....

thought long and hard about Tavares (local) but not at #4.

Thoughts on Malking this year appreciated? and does Tavares make it back to me @ 36 > if he doesnt make it thru 1st round am I crazy for offering that team Malking for Tavares , their 2nd pick and they get my 36th pick or possibly i keep my 36th and would owe them my next pick..Help........
    I think you go Malkin here. When healthy he will put up the points. Besides i think he holds the greatest trade value out of whats out there.

I think Tavaras will make it back to you at 36, and if he doesnt i dont think you trade malkin for him. There will be other players you can draft and then put together some other package later. Dont get over anxious in the beginning of the draft. There are a lot of solid players out there.

I would suggest signing up for HockeyPoolGeek for this dynasty draft. It will build player rankings based on your specific categories and you will be able to get players who others arent thinking about that have higher value than some of the star names.

For example, Backes was in the top 10 in our league, and Sharp was in the top 20. Keep in mind it wont project potential, and thats something you have to consider when drafting for a dynasty league but it will help you get some late round picks for guys you normally wouldnt think about.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Malkin was the right choice, and no I wouldn't deal him in a deal for Tavares especially since Tavares doesn't have the best peripherals.

And +1 on HPG