Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: A call-out to HPG subscribers!

Dobber Sports Star

Default A call-out to HPG subscribers!

Rather than spam your inboxes, I thought I'd drop a line here to let you respond voluntarily if you so choose!

We're looking to get feedback to consistently improve our product, and if your feedback is good, update our testimonials (with your permission, of course!)

So, if you're a subscriber to HPG, please drop me a line at geek at hockeypoolgeek dot com with your responses to the following questions:
    1. What needs the most improvement at Hockey Pool Geek?
    2. What feature has provided the most value to you?
    3. What feature do you use most?
    4. Have you won your league? If not, have you come close?
    5. How has your performance in your fantasy league changed since you joined HPG?
    6. Any other comments on the site and how useful (or not) it is for your fantasy hockey league(s)?
    7. Are there any features on HPG.com that you just "don't get"?
    8. What do you think of the subscription cost?

Cheers!

HPG

Administrator

I had never been in a H2H league with 17 scoring categories so your site was tremendous in bringing it all together for me in the dispersal draft. I used a combination of the three-year look-back and the single-year rankings to help me out. I think the quality of a draft list is determined by the quality of picks late in the draft, and I think I uncovered some gems late that will help me a lot in this format.

One thing I would like to see (since HPG and Dobberhockey are partnered) is to include Dobber's stat projections from the season draft list into a HPG feature where we can use your site and obtain rankings for our respective season drafts. Sort of like the "What if?" feature but with Dobber's projections automatically loaded in.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks for the comment, man.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust
    One thing I would like to see (since HPG and Dobberhockey are partnered) is to include Dobber's stat projections from the season draft list into a HPG feature where we can use your site and obtain rankings for our respective season drafts. Sort of like the "What if?" feature but with Dobber's projections automatically loaded in.
    Done and done. We're not projection experts; Dobber is. When we joined the Dobber Sports Network, it means that Dobber's projections for the season are there for our subscribers, albeit with more peripherals added in.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I love the site. I use it the most to analyse trades.

If it is possible, it would be nice to see the trade evaluated using the different stats (2010/11 projections, Dobber projections, 3 season average etc) easier.

Unless I am missing something you have to leave the trade analyzer results and re-set the league settings and then go back in and re-analyse the trade.

So if you would like to see the results showing:
    2010/11 season
    2009/2010 season
    3 season average

you would have to re-set the league settings and analyse the trade 3 times.

Don't get me wrong, I am ok with this and I think I am grasping for something here....but it is feedback none the less.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    When we joined the Dobber Sports Network, it means that Dobber's projections for the season are there for our subscribers, albeit with more peripherals added in.
    So does one have to purchase the Dobber Guide to be able to access the Dobber forecast option on HPG?

I would like to see a HPG forum section on Dobberhockey, now that HPG is a part of Dobber Sports. Particularly, a place to talk about and ask questions regarding using the tools, but also sharing insights gained through the use of the tools.

Now having said that, I would be quite happy to have no such publicity of HPG, as I truly believe I enjoy a distinct advantage over my competition who don't use your tools.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I love the site. I use it the most to analyse trades.

If it is possible, it would be nice to see the trade evaluated using the different stats (2010/11 projections, Dobber projections, 3 season average etc) easier.

Unless I am missing something you have to leave the trade analyzer results and re-set the league settings and then go back in and re-analyse the trade.

So if you would like to see the results showing:
    2010/11 season
    2009/2010 season
    3 season average

you would have to re-set the league settings and analyse the trade 3 times.

Don't get me wrong, I am ok with this and I think I am grasping for something here....but it is feedback none the less.
    I am a bit the same way in another area - auditing my team in the context of my specific league (as opposed to an audit based on averages) - it's doable and I do it, but a heck of a lot of in and out, entry, refresh, reset, as nauseum - I also wonder if I might be missing something.

Dobber Sports Stud

Didn't really read the question or topic, all I was thinking is how did you get the numbers outside of the box??
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Stud

uh oh. my pic messed up the topic. it wont let me edit!
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
    It's good enough Jeff - I have always wondered the same thing. Good question.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    It's good enough Jeff - I have always wondered the same thing. Good question.
    I've noticed the same thing before, and I think it has something to do with automatically detecting a list and then puts the numbers outside the box for whatever reason.

Lets see:

1. Dobber is good.
    2. HPG is good.
    3. Together you have greatness.

EDIT: Guess its not as simple as I had thought.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    Rather than spam your inboxes, I thought I'd drop a line here to let you respond voluntarily if you so choose!

We're looking to get feedback to consistently improve our product, and if your feedback is good, update our testimonials (with your permission, of course!)

So, if you're a subscriber to HPG, please drop me a line at geek at hockeypoolgeek dot com with your responses to the following questions:
    1. What needs the most improvement at Hockey Pool Geek?
    2. What feature has provided the most value to you? I really like the trade analyzer and the customized rankings. I havent done a draft since I signed up so I havent been able to make use of the draft advisor tool. The player equivalency tool is handy but a bit confusing at first.
    3. What feature do you use most? probably the trade analyzer and the custom rankings
    4. Have you won your league? If not, have you come close? I only subscribed during this off season
    5. How has your performance in your fantasy league changed since you joined HPG?
    6. Any other comments on the site and how useful (or not) it is for your fantasy hockey league(s)? I agree with Hybrid I wish there was a way to use the different stats in the trade analyzer without re-setting the league.
    7. Are there any features on HPG.com that you just "don't get"? The draft advisor / team evaluation tool confuses me a bit with the required fields for my H2H league.... where are those numbers generated from?
    8. What do you think of the subscription cost? the subsrcition cost is okay for those that play multiple leagues as most fo us around here do but for the casual fantasy player who might only play one league with his buddies it can be a tad high

All in all i find it very useful and its worth the money as im in 4 leagues. I would like to see some kind of keeper valuation system as three of my leagues are keepers/dynasty, maybe another field/category that could take age etc into account, I know that wouldnt be easy but just a thought.

WC17

Dobber Sports Ace

HPG is the best...ok now that the butt kissing is out of the way, here is what I would like:

to be able to assign scoring weights by position. for instance in my league we assign points to Goals as follows: Center = 3, Wings = 3.5, Dmen = 4

in the past i have essentially just set up "3 separate leagues" and assigned our scoring weights accordingly. i then generate my player rankings by position, a little cutting and pasting and i have an all inclusive ranking list. i dont mind the extra leg work but if this is something that is possible it would be greatly appreciated.

i have discussed this before with you (briefly) and haven't beento the site since our season ended (sorry, i promise ot go back ASAP) so if this is already an option thanks, if not, keep us posted as to the possibility.

Again, thanks for a great site!
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Some of my feedback (I use the site a ton):

• More numbers.
    • 3 year weighted average would be awesome. Looking back 1 year is good but not always the whole picture.
    • League breakdown (not sure if this already there). Entering the rosters for each team in your league, seeing where they are weak/strong, what to trade for, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey HPG, check your inbox. Just sent an email with my comments/issues.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jeffl97 View Post
    I get the same thing whenever I try to add a numbered list to my posts on here.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA: