Thread: Eberle or Strome

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Eberle or Strome

Who would you pick between the 2. this is a keeper league pts only. would like reasons why. going for long term
    12GM's Pts only
    must play 2G, 3L,3R,3C,4D
    1Pt - G
    1Pt - A

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Long term upside goes to Strome.

However, give me a choice between the two I would likely go with Eberle unless I wasn't planning on competing for 3+ years.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm in the same camp as Dyz. Given the choice right now I would want Eberle on any of fantasy teams over Strome but if you're asking who has the higher upside then it's definitely Strome IMO. Both have ideal situations in EDM and NYI. Eberle will likely be a 1st liner and get to benefit from playing with Hall over the the next 5+ years while Strome will likely center the 2nd line and be the "it" guy on that line. I think Strome is simply more skilled. He's not as polished as Eberle is but there's also a pretty decent age gap and I expect Strome to be more advanced in his early 20's than Eberle currently is (we're talking 3-4 years away for Strome).

Eberle is the right option for the next 2-3 years and Stome takes over after that.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eberle. 3+ years is way too long to be waiting. Long term building or not, you want to plan your team in 2 year arcs IMO.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Eberle. As much as I've heard good things about Strome and him being a safe prospect with big upside, I feel as though if he was THAT highly touted he would've went higher in the draft. Not arguing upside but after last season I'm banking on Eberle having some 70+ seasons in him and it's tough to bank on that from any 18yr old prospect.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Veteran

Everything that's been said sounds good except the fact that Strome could Jeff Skinner his way on to the Islanders roster come Fall of 2011. There's always a chance and this kid is very skilled.

That being said, for next year I'd likely go with Eberle.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hands down Eberle, Strome is still a suspect for the NHL.

Dobber Sports Stud

Eberle is a quality NHL player on the roster. Strome is a prospect. Easy pick for me.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Stud

Nothing more to add, just want to drive home the Eberle train. When the difference in upside is arguable at best, never take the guy who's farther away.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Eberle hands down! He already has a year under his belt. He is pretty much a proven commodity.....Strome...not so much....
    14 Team Keeper PTS, +/-, PIM's *.3 20 Players, 4 Center, 8 Wing, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, NHL cap hit $91 Million Total

Centers Tavares, Giroux, Draisaitl, Eichel
    Wing Eberle, Kessel, Schenn, Hall, Nichushkin, Stone, B. Ryan, Connolly
    Defence Karlsson, OEL, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Gardiner, Daley
    Goal Lehner, Schneider

Prospects Shinkaruk, Frk, Pulock, Marner, Zacha, Rod, Kapanen, Leblanc, Kristo, McNeill, Noesen, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    When the difference in upside is arguable at best, never take the guy who's farther away.
    This is forgotten far too often, and its something I try to adhere to.