Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How will Green do this year?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

MT319, you act as if you are watching players in a vacuum, that none of the rest of us have any access to how they play, etc. After watching Green for several years, along with all the other players in the NHL, I am of the opinion that there is just no one who is as offensively gifted as Green is. He has instinct better than anyone when it comes to pinching and he's a rover that goes up and scores a lot of goals because of that. He's also VERY good at running a powerplay and his outlet passes 5 on 5 are among the best in the league. He has some of the most deceptive slap passes in the league and a variety of shots he can get off with very good accuracy. All in all he's the best offensive package in the league from the backend.

There, now it's word against word, what are you going to do? My argument is just as valid as yours, meaning that it isn't really that valid, but it's my assessment based on what I've seen in the league.

I want to know how much you've watched Orlov play by the way. With what teams, in what leagues/tournaments and for how many games.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    MT319, you act as if you are watching players in a vacuum, that none of the rest of us have any access to how they play, etc. After watching Green for several years, along with all the other players in the NHL, I am of the opinion that there is just no one who is as offensively gifted as Green is. He has instinct better than anyone when it comes to pinching and he's a rover that goes up and scores a lot of goals because of that. He's also VERY good at running a powerplay and his outlet passes 5 on 5 are among the best in the league. He has some of the most deceptive slap passes in the league and a variety of shots he can get off with very good accuracy. All in all he's the best offensive package in the league from the backend.

There, now it's word against word, what are you going to do? My argument is just as valid as yours, meaning that it isn't really that valid, but it's my assessment based on what I've seen in the league.

I want to know how much you've watched Orlov play by the way. With what teams, in what leagues/tournaments and for how many games.
    Thank you for making some of the points I've been too frustrated to make myself.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post

Yea so that's perfectly fine if that's what you want to think and you have mine. People don't respond with anything substance based they just reject for nonsense like past statisics without understand how production was generated and for emotional reasons cause they think i'm a dick. Big difference between why you like green compared to every other responder to me in the thread.

in regard to Orlov, Caps development camp videos and 2 Hershey games, that's more than enough to assess skill-set. I could do it in 2 periods. I've seen Carlson and Green plenty and everyone knows how good WSH offense is via Ovechkin. This is why I state what I do in regard to him.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tiantonio View Post
    But that one anomally of a season from Green has you convinced that it is the level of production he should have?
    All I meant by that is that he has proven upside and an accurate shot. While I may not have seen him in as many games as some of the people here, I have rarely seen a guy with so mach accuracy with a variety of shots, especially as a D. I don't think he will score 30 goals a year but I am confident he will do it again during his career. Like all players he needs a supporting cast but barring a trade to Florida, he will be elite for years IMO. I feel Washington will work to keep him but I may be in the minority and When it comes to Dmen in most fantasy formats I am still picking Green first.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What an interesting repore.
    Last edited by TwoPuckCanuck; July 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM. Reason: avoid rudeness
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by MT319 View Post
    in regard to Orlov, Caps development camp videos and 2 Hershey games, that's more than enough to assess skill-set. I could do it in 2 periods.
    And there you have it.

MT, your powers are wasted on us. Please stop wasting your talents on hockey, the world needs you to use your powers to predict famines, earthquakes and other natural disasters.