Thread: Points comparison

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Points comparison

I have Staal and Brown and I am wondering points wise for the rest of the year, if I might be better off with Cammer and Jagr? I\'m guessing it could be very close in which case I won\'t bother trying. But I thought I should check things out with the masses for their wisdom.

It would not break my heart to slide Cammer on IR and pickup an FA in the short term to cover my centre slot. However he may get activated before I could get a deal like this done.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hi Shoeless,

I don\'t think it will be that close - I\'d much rather have Jagr and Cammalleri over E.Staal and Brown over the rest of the season. Cammer\'s had his injury and Jagr should be in line for a decent second half.

I\'m more confident in Staal, but I just don\'t know if Brown can sustain his current pace.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I keep thinking the same thing about Brown and he keeps chipping in. I\'ll offer it - worst case I suspect it would be a wash. I can acquire Crosby for a goalie if I am ready to let one slip so it is really Jagr\'s points over Brown that I am looking at.

Thanks Comish.

I dumped Visnovsky into the deal with Jones coming back - pretty small potatoes with Visnovsky\'s +/- pretty much killing any advantage he has in points - just makes the rankings look better in the trade. Hope it can happen before Cammer gets off I/R so I can stash him.

Dobber Sports Giant

I think you got it right on Jagr vs Brown as he will hopefully end up having more points then Brown. However, the notimetable yet situation of Cammer makes me worried. On the other hand, Staal cooled down a little bit recently. Streaming the \"hot guy\" will probably help you to cover though.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well the deal got done. Funny how I just became a Rangers fan. Now what to do with Vanek and Elias. There are almost dumpable in my league.

Dobber Sports Giant

Well, are you still in line to do that Kipper for Crosby trade? If so, I would move Cammer to LW (when he\'ll be back), dump Elias or Vanek (I just can\'t seem to decide on which one though) and grab your 3rd goalie. Where you\'re at in your max. games for your D? I recall it was far away in the negative.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I am catching up with my D games very slowly. If I move a goalie for a forward upgrade then I think I can easily afford to stream a 6th defender or a goalie in as I needed to get in the games and in the end I will likely just outright pick up the 6th defender.

Will look at things again once the dust settles on the trade of a goalie but think yes one of Elias or Vanek or in fact both might be gone.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you had to choose one, I\'d keep Elias. I agree that it\'s close, but I see issues with Buffalo and I think Elias will outproduce Vanek from here with more PP points.