Poll: #2 prospect pick in keeper league?

Thread: #2 Prospect Pick

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default #2 Prospect Pick

So who would you take #2 overall in a prospect draft behind RNH?

I'm looking at nabbing a forward for my yahoo league: G, A, +/-, PIM, PP, shots. I'm debating between Landeskog, Huberdeau, or possibly Strome. I'm going with a best player available strategy. Who would you take? I'm worried that Landeskog is overhyped because of his NHL readiness (not a factor for me), might be more valuable in real life than in fantasy, and not sure what his ceiling is. I was worried about Huberdeau in the void that is Florida, but Tallon might work some magic there. Plus, Strome is a darkhorse pick in NYI with all those good, young players.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Since readiness is not a factor for you, then I think you have to go with Strome. His upside is the highest of those three, and while I like Landeskog a lot, he won't put up as many points as Strome long-term (although he'll do it earlier, and he'll put up 60-70 a year).
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Huberdeau for me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm in the same boat and having a heck of a time to decide and our draft is tomorrow lol.

I feel the same about you, I like Landeskog but not sure about the hype but seems to be targeted as future first liner. Tallon seems to be collecting some decent talent in that system which should feature Huberdeau. But Strome playing with Tavares, Neiderreiter sounds like a nice dark horse.

Not sure who I'm gonna pick yet.

Anyone else with thoughts?
    14 Team H2H Full Keeper
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Sharp, Fisher, Steen
    W: Hartnell, Kessel, Versteeg, Parise, Cammalleri, Foligno
    D: Gonchar, Boyle, Del Zotto, Hamhuis
    Util: Hanzal, MacArthur
    G: Howard, Varlamov

Farm
    Brouwer, Raymond, Comeau, Backlund, Bailey, Huberdeau, Mursak, Jensen, Moller, Fehr, Hedman, Sbisa, Reimer, Peters, Scrivens

Dobber Sports Stud

Huby for me. I see him as having the most point potential of the 3. Landeskog is your best nhler, Strome will likely score the most goals but Huberdeau is most points.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Superstar

I voted for Huberdeau.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Of of the 15 drafts posted, Landeskog was chosen ahead of Huberdeau 10 times. Strome generally was chosen after both.
    14 Team H2H Full Keeper
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Sharp, Fisher, Steen
    W: Hartnell, Kessel, Versteeg, Parise, Cammalleri, Foligno
    D: Gonchar, Boyle, Del Zotto, Hamhuis
    Util: Hanzal, MacArthur
    G: Howard, Varlamov

Farm
    Brouwer, Raymond, Comeau, Backlund, Bailey, Huberdeau, Mursak, Jensen, Moller, Fehr, Hedman, Sbisa, Reimer, Peters, Scrivens

Dobber Sports Wizard

2nd overall is the toughest place to pick in this draft imo.

I took Strome 3rd overall in my league, right after Huberdeau and right before Landeskog. I just like the situation he was drafted into....the Isles seem to actually be putting something good together and in the near future could be a competitive group. There's always a chance Strome sees some ice-time with Tavares, and even if he doesn't, he still potentially has Niederreiter, Okposo, Bailey, Comeau, Moulson, Kabanov, Petrov...there's some good scoring talent on that team or in the pipeline.

So Strome is my personal choice amongst the three. My second choice would be Huberdeau....Florida has always been known as a dead end for prospects but I think the new regime could start changing that. And I'll always look to take upside over a lower-end sure thing.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar