Thread: T. Myers or OEL ?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default T. Myers or OEL ?

Which one in a keeper s.t. and l.t. ?

Thanks
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Giant

st- bernier
    lt- rask
    over all i like rask better.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Genius

I believe you have to go with Myers in this discussion. Short term, how do you not pick him? OEL doesn't have a proven track record. Long term, again, OEL does not have a proven track record.

Myers - I am curious how the big man fits in over the long haul. That he's a 40 point guy (similar to Chara) wouldn't surprise me. Not as nasty though. Without question, a bright NHL future. His overall game will continue to steadily enhance and I suspect he'll be considered an excellent shut down guy in his prime. His prime is a while away.

OEL - So many factors. How does the Phoenix situation evolve? Is Yandle in tow, long term? Is OEL good, but not amazing, in an offensive sense? If he's good, not amazing, consider that he will be VERY GOOD defensively. Will others with less defensive ability be given more opportunity offensively, so that they can utilize OEL defensively? Will OEL become a beast? Is his time now? Will he evolve slowly and steadily (20 points, 25 points, 30 points, 35 points...)? Sort of "if this, then that", "if that, then this", "if this 'n that, then that n' this".

Myers is a much more known commodity. He has higher trade value at this moment. Every team in your league would like to add him to their roster. OEL is a prospect. An excellent prospect, hoping to achieve what Myers has achieved. I suspect you would need to trade two OEL's for one Myers, in most formats.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm with JHM...Myers.

Short term-obviously Myers as he's more proven and has earned a more substantial role at this point in his career.

Long term-too much speculation at this point to pick OEL. Maybe he blossoms over the next few years to eclipse Myers, but that's UNKNOWN at this point and too uncertain to choose him over the known commodity.

Like JHM intimated, Myers trade value should at least net you a prospect equivalent to OEL and maybe more.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    st- bernier
    lt- rask
    over all i like rask better.
    Wrong thread my friend, haha.

Myers both short and long-term

Dobber Sports Ace

Arrow

JHM is right. Myers may even return to his rookie campaign type stats this year. Myers has a better chance to impact his team now and in the future. Safer pick if you ask me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Do you guys think that new faces in Buffalo (ie Gragnani, Sekera) could hinder Myers numbers ?
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Icon

Gragnani is a great young d-man and his playmaking abilities will help Myers more than hurt him.

Sekera had a pretty good year but I don't think he continues at that pace. He's a solid d-man but not a threat to a future star like Myers.

As far as OEL goes, he's got a very bright future with similar upside to Myers. So I would go with the big kid from Buffalo who is closer to reaching his potential.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Genius

Myers played 223 minutes on the PP this year. 245 minutes in his rookie year. He played 215 minutes shorthanded and averaged 22 minutes a night.

Sekera played 158 minutes on the PP this year, significantly more than the year before. 138 minutes shorthanded. He played a respectable 21 minutes a night.

Jordan Leopold came in at 195 minutes PP, 183 on SH and 23 minutes nightly.

Shane Morrisson, Mike Weber and Robin Regehr have insignificant PP time. Chris Butler averaged a minute a night.

I suspect that Gragnani is a 2 minute a night guy where PP is concerned. He could rise over time. I would be surprised to see him average a minute a night SH. When all is said and done, I suspect that there is room for the trio to find its PP minutes. Perhaps the forwards will suffer the hit, if Gragnani gobbles up a bit extra. He'll grab Butler's minutes. You would have to wonder if Sekera could suffer a bit too. Leopold is a nice settling influence. Coaches do like to have D-men on the ice at all times. It gives a better level of comfort. We all know that you do have to defend, even when on the PP.

Myers has 21 goals in the last two years. He's a big shooter. I believe they'll want to continue to utilize his big shot.

I don't see Gragnani instantly usurping a bunch of Myers PP time.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default pp time

I would suspect that with Ehrhoff in town that Myers will probably lose some power play time depending on how they structure the power play that is. Anything to that or will it be status quo for Myers on the powerplay.
    limited Keeper league points only , keep 9

FWDS: Tarasenko, Wheeler, Oshie, Nichuskin

Spezza, Sheifele, Kuznetsov, Duchene

DEF: Shattenkirk

GOAL: Bishop

Dobber Sports Genius

Myers is 45 point offensive talent with a big shot... OEL is better than 45 point talent no doubt. Ekman-Larsson is an elite puck mover and that with or without Yandle will always make him of superior value to Myers in the production department. OEL