Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Kings

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden Death View Post
    Gagne is out tonight, I guess yesterday was more than just a "maintenance day" after all.

Penner will take his place on 1st line w/ Kopitar & Williams. Trent Hunter will get a start.
    I guess I owe you a rep sir...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I guess I owe you a rep sir...
    Voynov will be back up, he is too good to leave in AHL. I am just wondering if they will move Martinez. The club loves to pair an offensive D w/ a stay at home D.

Doughty / Mitchell
    Johnson / Scuderi
    Martinez / Greene

I don't see them trading away Mitchell, Scuderi or Greene to make room for another offensive defenseman - but maybe Martinez.

Otherwise, Slava will have to wait someone to get injured.

Dobber Sports Star

Voynov will be back up, he is too good to leave in AHL. I am just wondering if they will move Martinez. The club loves to pair an offensive D w/ a stay at home D.

Doughty / Mitchell
    Johnson / Scuderi
    Martinez / Greene

I don't see them trading away Mitchell, Scuderi or Greene to make room for another offensive defenseman - but maybe Martinez.

Otherwise, Slava will have to wait someone to get injured.
    Timely. I was just wondering about Martinez

Now that Voyonov has been sent down, does this open the door for more (some) production from Martinez? He seems to be getting consistent 2nd PP time and seemed like an offensive gem last year, so I wonder if he will break out.

He is sitting on the wire in a very barren WW and I am wondering if he is worth grabbing over someone like Diaz or Ropadope.

Thanks
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Timely. I was just wondering about Martinez
    Now that Voyonov has been sent down, does this open the door for more (some) production from Martinez? He seems to be getting consistent 2nd PP time and seemed like an offensive gem last year, so I wonder if he will break out.
    AMart is a decent 3rd pair D in real life hockey, and he has decent upside, but he doesn't have much fantasy impact right now. His role really doesn't change at all. He put up 16 pts last year, I'd be surprised if he breaks 20 this year, since he still hasn't hit the score sheet.

That being said, if Martinez gets dealt to make room for Voynov, he could be worth a gamble in the right situation.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

work's been kicking my *** lately, I've been slacking on Kings updates.

Quick tonight, Bernier tomorrow

Murray shuffling his lines (expected after losing four straight games).

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
    Penner-Richards-Brown
    Moreau-Stoll-Parse
    Clifford-Richardson-Lewis

Dobber Sports Star

work's been kicking my *** lately, I've been slacking on Kings updates.

Quick tonight, Bernier tomorrow

Murray shuffling his lines (expected after losing four straight games).

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
    Penner-Richards-Brown
    Moreau-Stoll-Parse
    Clifford-Richardson-Lewis

The lines look the same to me.
    thanks for the update

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    The lines look the same to me.
    thanks for the update
    mostly tweaks, nothing huge
    Penner back to 2nd line, after a few games on 3rd
    Parse to right side instead of left
    Lewis was scratched last game.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Scott Parse is headed to IR, just in time for Colin Fraser to come off. Terry Murray told the media that Fraser and Trent Hunter will play tonight, no definitive lineups announced yet.

I am not an x's & o's kinda guy, but it was pretty apparent during the recent five game losing streak that there was absolutely no intensity or urgency from the Kings. They were playing like robots, just going through the motions. That was the biggest difference on Tuesday's win over Nashville. They were winning the puck battles, pushing the pace, imposing their will on the opponent. Normally I would expect to see the pendulum swing the other direction and the Kings go on a winning streak at this point, but tonight's matchup with Vancouver will be a great litmus test to see where the team is headed.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Mayors Manor has a write up today on Tyler Toffoli.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Penner out w/ upper body injury, reportedly a hand injury, considered "more than day-to-day".

[UPDATE: Penner's absence is being attributed to a hand injury. Penner had an ice bag on his hand in the locker room after practice yesterday. Murray said Penner's status is "more than day-to-day.]
    The guy has had a horrible start to the season, was just gaining a little momentum and now this.

Quick in net, Brad Richardson will dress, lineups to follow

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Penner put on IR, Loktionov called up from Manchester - he was skating with Richards & Brown on 2nd line

Also, Alec Martinez held out of practice, hope to have an update later

Alec Martinez is not practicing this morning, but Andrei Loktionov is, on left wing with Mike Richards and Dustin Brown. Hopefully there will be a post-practice update on Martinez, who was checked shoulder-first into the boards late in the first period Saturday but returned for the start of the second period. Here’s how the Kings' forwards are lined up this morning, with five players in the fourth-line mix…

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
    Loktionov-Richards-Brown
    Clifford-Stoll-Hunter
    Moreau/Fraser/Richardson/Lewis/Westgarth
    Colin Fraser looke3d good in his first game of the season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dobber Sports Star

The Kings will have new-look defensive pairs tomorrow against Anaheim, as Drew Doughty pairs with Jack Johnson, Willie Mitchell pairs with Slava Voynov and Rob Scuderi pairs with Matt Greene. Terry Murray said he liked the familiarity that Mitchell and Voynov had earlier this season and wanted to stay with it.
    Jonathan Quick will start in goal tomorrow an Murray said he hadn’t yet decided on a goalie for Thursday. The Kings are expected to stay with a fourth line of Ethan Moreau, Colin Fraser and Trevor Lewis, meaning Brad Richardson and Kevin Westgarth would be healthy scratches. Dustin Penner was on the ice late in practice again today in a no-contact jersey, skating and doing some shooting.

Another Murray update on Defense.
    http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/11/15...medium=twitter
    Last edited by Ballsakic; November 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

How'd the young Ruskies do?
    12-team, Keep 3 (2 years max with inflation) Auction Roto, 14-cat (10 skater, 4 goalie). $400 bank for auction.
    F: Kaprizov, Huberdeau, M Tkachuk, B Tkachuk, Connor, Kadri, Debrincat, Kuznetsov, Batherson, Strome, Barbashev, Granlund, Couture
    D: Hamilton, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Karlsson, Chabot
    G: Markstrom, Jarry, Kahkhonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by thorbs View Post
    How'd the young Ruskies do?
    I saw Loktionov in person for the first time last night, and was very impressed. He looked comfortable stepping into 2nd line w/ Mike Richards and Dustin Brown, even set up Brown with a beautiful pass on a two-on-one that Brown couldn't finish. He is a natural center with a ton of skill. I think he could add a little spark to the offense. His one drawback is size. He is quick, but can get pushed off the puck He has suffered shoulder injuries the past two years.

Voynov was solid overall. The Ducks trapped him in his own end once, forcing a turnover that turned into a scoring chance. I think keeping him paired with a solid D like Willie Mitchell is a good idea.

Coach Murray made a curious change in the power play. He started each power play with the "2nd unit" of Gagne, Williams, Stoll, Hunter & Voynov - and then rolled over to the normal "1st unit" of Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Johnson & Doughty half way thru the power play.

It may not really be fantasy relevant - but I like the new 4th line of Ethan Moreau, Colin Fraser and Trevor Lewis. A lot of grit and energy.