Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First rd, who do you take

Dobber Sports Ace

Default First rd, who do you take

12 team league, stnd scoring cats with positional play, 16 man rosters and you pick at #6.

who do you take
    1. ovechkin
    2. crosby
    3. daniel sedin
    4. henrik sedin
    5. stamkos
    6. malkin
    7. perry
    8. thomas
    9. st louis
    10. miller
    11. rinne
    12. kovalchuk

what says you?
    Datsyuk, Getzlaf, Kesler(IR), RNH
    Wheeler, Franzen, Gagner
    Parise, Benn, Tanguay, Cammalleri
    Pieterangelo, Enstrom(IR),
    Howard, Hiller, Kipper(IR)

12 team H2H, positional requirements, G, A, PPP, PIM, Plus/Minus, GWG, SO, Wins, GAA and Save%.
    1 Year League

Dobber Sports Ninja

There is no way Malkin stamkos should be below the sedins. Should go OV Crosby Malkin/stamkos (could be interchangeable based on owner preference), then d.sedin/perry ( based on owner preference IMO)

If you're picking #6 you likely end up with one of d.sedin and perry. Would like to know what specific categories there are though. Standard cats is subjective based on who is looking at it.

Dobber Sports Genius

Depending on who goes, or assuming the top 5 goes as you show? If I were to do a list of the top 6 guys:

1. Crosby
    2. Ovechkin
    3. Malkin
    4. Stamkos
    5. D Sedin
    6. Perry

One of those will be there at the 6 spot.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If your picking at #6 and you have the choice between H.Sedin or Perry, I'd go with Sedin first. Shouldn't be much of a difference between Sedin and Perry, but that's my 2 cents. Sedin has put up big points for the last 4 years which gives him the slight upper hand on Perry who had a breakout season. Plus Vancouver is a better team than Anaheim. Lastly, Perry was racking up points when Getzlaf went down so I think that he might not be quite as productive next year with a healthy Getzlaf.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Laendarian provided a very accurate list, I'd go after one of Kovalchuk or Perry at that spot.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm taking Lundqvist/Rinne at #6, hope I spook a goalie run and hence leaving a really good LW available when the draft comes back to me at pick 19.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Shoeless' take on this given your scoring (40% for goalie stats). If this does not start a goalie run you are in the fallback position of simply taking another Tier 1 goalie at the #19 spot if you don't like what's left for skaters - I don't think it will take long for other managers to realize they need goalies and you are in a commanding position to make trades. Even if this takes a couple of weeks you are going to dominate the four goalie stats in the meantime.

Just my thoughts.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would lean on picking a goalie at that position as well. Lundqvist would be my 1st choice.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thought it over a bit and I would go with Rinne here, younger than Lundqvist and one of the best goalies in the league. Tempting to take a sniper, but a stud goalie is very important in any league.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Stud

I would take Rinne unless NY signs Brad Richards, then I think you go with Lundy.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    1. Crosby
    2. Ovechkin
    3. Malkin
    4. Stamkos
    5. D Sedin
    6. Perry
    This is my top 6 skaters right now too.
    In a multi-cat, positional league, one-year, I may be taking Perry as high as #3.

If I'm in the 7-12 spots, and these guys are gone, I'm going goalie for sure.
    One of: Lundqvist, Luongo, Rinne, Price, Miller, Bryzgalov.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you pick a goalie you need to take Price as he will start another 70 games.

Miller will have a better team in front of him this year and is coming as a close 2nd.
    Lundqvist could post great number if Richards is landing in the Big Apple but he's not there yet.
    Luongo won't make more than 55 starts next year if Schneider is around.
    Rinne great D but the O is lacking to put enough W on the board.
    Bryzgalov will be limited to 60 games to avoid a breakdown in the playoff and without any disrespect to Dobber, I think the Flyers are building a great core for the long run but not for next year.
    16 teams, 14 keepers, weekly HTH, 13 F, 6 D and 2 G.
    $100 million salary cap based on NHL real salary.
    G/A: 1 pt W: 2pt

F : Duchene, D Sedin, Spezza, Hudler, E Kane, Pominville, Plekanec, Zuccarello, Koivu, Macarthur, Cammalleri, Nelson, Rakell, Spooner, Etem
    D : Ekman-Larsson, Pietrangelo, Vatanen, Wiercioch, Murray, Zadorov, McCabe
    G : Fleury, Elliott, Darling

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    1. Crosby
    2. Ovechkin
    3. Malkin
    4. Stamkos
    5. D Sedin
    6. Perry
    I agree with this list for skaters. As for the goaltender, that's a tough one...

Quote Originally Posted by edesjardins View Post
    If you pick a goalie you need to take Price as he will start another 70 games.
    Personally, I agree with this as of this coming season (previously Lundqvist). I would at least consider taking Price if one of the top four does not somehow fall to you... whether or not you should actually do it depends on how heavily those goalie stats are actually weighted. But there's no goaltender that I'd rather own... young, skilled, and a workhorse to boot. If Montreal improves the roster in front of him, watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    ...hope I spook a goalie run and hence leaving a really good LW available when the draft comes back to me at pick 19.
    To point, Shoeless' strategy is sound, you just take a risk either way.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Why would you take a goalie at 6 in a 12 team league? This has never made sense to me, and I'll explain why:

If you take an elite goalie and it sparks a goalie run, there are only 6 teams who will choose before you get another pick, therefore, even if they ALL go for a tier-1 goalie after you, that will mean 7 goalie have been chosen, leaving a couple of elite goalies still on the board when it's your turn to pick. But at 19, you can be damn sure that no elite winger will still be available.

You pick Rinne, and then let's say Lundqvist, Luongo, Thomas, Price, Bryzgalov and Miller are chosen before you choose again. Well that still leaves:

Niemi - 35w, 2.38, .920, 6 SO last season.
    Quick - 35w, 2.24, .918, 6 SO last season.
    Those are elite numbers.

Plus Howard, Kiprusoff, Ward, Crawford, Fleury...

There are more than 6 elite goalies in the tier 1 category next season in my opinion, so why would you take Rinne when you can get the same production in the 2nd round by selecting the '8th' best goalie, while passing on a 40-50 goal scoring winger like Perry or Sedin?

I'd rather have D. Sedin + Antti Niemi than Pekka Rinne and Kane. And it's not even close in my opinion.

The top 6 players chosen in a regular 12-team H2H pool next year have to be:

1. Ovechkin
    2. Crosby
    3. D. Sedin
    4. Malkin
    5. Stamkos
    6. Perry

Go for the elite winger at 6 and snag an elite goalie in the 2nd round, followed by another winger in the 3rd (Iginla, Giroux) and you'll be well on your way to a great fantasy season.
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by BladesOfSteel View Post
    If you take an elite goalie and it sparks a goalie run, there are only 6 teams who will choose before you get another pick
    I don't think that's accurate.

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 (11 guys in between)
    or
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 (12 guys in between)

depending on the format. Unless I'm missing something?
    T.G.