Page 36 of 105 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Winnipeg Jets

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was wondering who, if anyone, the Jets may focus on bringing into the fold this year, and honestly I didn't think there was anyone that they could get, or more importantly, should get. Then I saw the UFA Guessing Game article by Angus, and I saw one name that immediately made me thing, they need to sign that guy. Jordin Tootoo.

I had no idea he was a UFA, and I think he would be an ideal fit for this team. Slot him on the third line with Slater and either Miettinen, Machacek or Klingberg. I know everyone loved the G.S.T. line, but Glass and Thorburn are 4th liners at best. Tootoo may not be much better, but I have a feeling playing in his home province and not far from where he played Junior hockey would reinvigorate him. The Jets can let Glass and Stapleton walk, I could care less. There are young guys that can fill their spots. If he returned to his old self of fast paced banging, he would be an immediate fan favorite. Chevy could easily sign him to a 2 year 1.5-1.7 range contract and see how he works out.

There's also my selfish reason for me wanting for him to sign there. Living in the north, it's no secret that the first nations people of the north are Coocoo for Tootoo. With him playing for the Jets, it's likely the cable provider up here would pick up the TSN Jets channel. This would make me a very happy camper.
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DonKarnage View Post
    I was wondering who, if anyone, the Jets may focus on bringing into the fold this year, and honestly I didn't think there was anyone that they could get, or more importantly, should get. Then I saw the UFA Guessing Game article by Angus, and I saw one name that immediately made me thing, they need to sign that guy. Jordin Tootoo.

I had no idea he was a UFA, and I think he would be an ideal fit for this team. Slot him on the third line with Slater and either Miettinen, Machacek or Klingberg. I know everyone loved the G.S.T. line, but Glass and Thorburn are 4th liners at best. Tootoo may not be much better, but I have a feeling playing in his home province and not far from where he played Junior hockey would reinvigorate him. The Jets can let Glass and Stapleton walk, I could care less. There are young guys that can fill their spots. If he returned to his old self of fast paced banging, he would be an immediate fan favorite. Chevy could easily sign him to a 2 year 1.5-1.7 range contract and see how he works out.

There's also my selfish reason for me wanting for him to sign there. Living in the north, it's no secret that the first nations people of the north are Coocoo for Tootoo. With him playing for the Jets, it's likely the cable provider up here would pick up the TSN Jets channel. This would make me a very happy camper.
    I would have my reservations about signing Tootoo, for both his on and off ice behavior. He doesn't seem to be the type of character that the franchise wants to bring in. That said, he can be an effective player, and if the Jets decide that they can keep him reined in, it could be a good signing.

Personally, I would love for them to go after Peter Mueller. Sure there's a risk there, but he is exactly what they need (good sized center, tonnes of talent), and if he remains healthy and develops his game, he could be an absolute steal. This guy is at the top of my wish list for the Jets.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd love to get Mueller or Hudler.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like the Ponikarovsky deal. One year to see if he and Antropov can mesh and if not, at the end of the year, they both walk. Those two with Slater in the middle could possibly make an effective third line.

I'm was slightly upset that they didn't get Tootoo, but after seeing it was 1.9 a year, that passed. Too much for him at this stage in my mind, though he could turn it around in Detroit and be worth it.

Please Chevy, for the love of god, do not sign Dan Ellis. They must have bruised Mason's ego by bringing in Gustavsson. That, or he really really loves Nashville. Only reason I can see him signing for less games and less money.

I think now that they should chance it with Mueller and pair him up with Kane and Burmistrov. Fill out the lineup with a Miettinen-Cormier-Thorburn and of course the Ladd-Little-Wheeler line. I wonder where this leaves Scheifele...
    "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

20 Team H2H Dynasty - Winnipeg Jets
    G A Pts +/- PIM SOG STP Hit Blk FOW - W GAA SV SV% SO

Start 4 C-8W-6D-1G

C: Backstrom, Fisher, Nyquist, Bjugstad, Shore
    W: Skinner (C/W), Lucic, Wheeler, Schwartz (c/w)Glencross, Boedker, Kassian, Prust, Arcobello
    D: Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Carle, Hamilton, Seidenberg, Trouba, Gudas
    G: Miller, Stalock
    P: Armia, Jurco, Pulock, Ca. Pickard, E. Comrie

Dobber Sports Stud

The goalie that we look to sign should make under $1 million.

I still want Mueller / Hudler. However, I can actually see us getting Jokinen.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

It's unfortunate that we weren't able to sign Gustafsson. I don't think Ellis would be that terrible. He put up a 2.72 GAA and a .911 SV% in Anaheim (not the greatest defensive team in the league), and those are reasonable numbers. If he can post a .911 for Winnipeg he'd be an upgrade.

Ponikarovsky is a decent add for the year. We can use the extra tertiary (sometimes secondary) scoring.

Mueller/Hudler/Jokinen would help a lot. Mueller is still at the top of my list, because there's plenty of room for him to grow into his potential, and grow alongside some of the Jets' other young talent. Not sure if he's even a realistic possibility, but it would be nice.

Edit: Okay, Hudler's off the board...
    Last edited by CascadeFilly; July 2, 2012 at 4:07 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Jokinen signing! Great signing!

2 year deal means it's a short-term-ish fix, but means we want playoffs next year while we wait for younger players to grow and develop such as Scheifele.

I love that Cheveldayoff didn't forget about next season and got us some veteran talent. The long-term plan still exists while the short-term fix is there.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Pro

Mueller would be an interesting risk. He would have to come cheap, though.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

What do you guys think about Cam Barker? Winnipeg boy. I hope we aren't in on someone like Carle.
    Go Jets Go

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    What do you guys think about Cam Barker? Winnipeg boy. I hope we aren't in on someone like Carle.
    What's wrong with Carle? I'd much rather have him than Barker, who I think we should stay far away from.

A better question: Why would we want either? We don't really need another defenseman. I'm sure Chevy wouldn't mind adding someone like Carle, but there are teams out there that need him a lot more than we do. I doubt we'd put together an offer that would rival what other teams would be willing to give for a solid defenseman like that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Do people actually still think Cam Barker is a serviceable d-man? I thought only Tambellini was that dumb.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
    Cam Barker really sucks. Look at him attempt to defend Grabovski along the boards here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n425sk_LLD8
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Do people actually still think Cam Barker is a serviceable d-man? I thought only Tambellini was that dumb.
    Yeah, if he can't make Edmonton's blueline, the Jets (and pretty much all other NHL teams) certainly don't have a use for him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would love to see Mueller in the mix.

Chevy said he wants more of a top nine this year.

So with the current roster what do you guys see the lines being next year?

I'll take a guess:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler (figure they have to stay together)
    Kane - Olli - ????
    Burmi - Antro - Poni (like this line)
    Thorburn - Slater - Cormier/Mahacek

Anyone else care to take a shot?
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Stud

Carle is going to get an undeserved $5.5 million from someone. Hopefully it's not the Jets. I pray it's not the Jets because it would ruin the good that we have going.

Why Barker? We need bottom-pairing defensemen. Right now we have Grant Clitsome as our 6th and possibly Derek Meech. There's no drop off from those two players and Barker. Barker is low risk/high reward option. We lose nothing for a one-year deal. I'd rather have him than Meech.

Carle, however, is not worth a long-term big money contract. Stay far, far away, Cheveldayoff.
    Go Jets Go