Thread: which D to roll with

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default which D to roll with

Hey guys....which guy would you rather have on your roster next year and for a three year period.......ready?...........PK Subban or Goligoski.....or is it a wash? Let me know what you think.
    limited Keeper league points only , keep 9

FWDS: Tarasenko, Wheeler, Oshie, Nichuskin

Spezza, Sheifele, Kuznetsov, Duchene

DEF: Shattenkirk

GOAL: Bishop

I would rather have Pk since he piles up alot of pims to go with his point totals. If its point only i think goligoski might get the nod though but its pretty close.

thanks for your thoughts....points only by the way....I should have mentioned that.
    limited Keeper league points only , keep 9

FWDS: Tarasenko, Wheeler, Oshie, Nichuskin

Spezza, Sheifele, Kuznetsov, Duchene

DEF: Shattenkirk

GOAL: Bishop

Dobber Sports Padawan

Atm I would go with subban cause if richards is gone from dallas might hamper gogo a lil.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Legend

This is pretty close as I like Goligoski more than most people I think.

Both players should score between 40-50 points for the next 1-3 years.

To be honest, I think we need to see who Montreal signs out of Markov/Wisniewski/Gorges because this could affect Subban's role big time.

Meanwhile, in Dallas Goligoski has zero competition for big PP minutes.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

I just absolutely love PK Subban, and am devastated that I don't own him in a single league.

PK Subban shoots the puck an enormous amount, and considering he is a rookie, I think it's quite likely those numbers continue to go up... Which inevitably translates to points.

What PK is doing as a rookie, Goligoski was doing as a 24 year old (last year). By the time PK is 24-25, he'll be a top 3 fantasy Dman easily.

I would go with PK Subban, he will flourish in Montreal regardless of who they sign.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another vote for PK here.

Goligoski is a great talent, but the fact that PK amassed 38 pts in his rookie campaign just gives him that edge. I agree that if Markov and Wisniewski resign, PK could see less PP time, but Goligoski is loosing Richards which may translate to a small slump in his points for next season.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not liking the Dallas situation unless they can bring in some top tier guys somehow. I think Montreal will always be competitive and will eventually be able to attract even more good players. I'm not worried about who they sign as he's their number one offensive defenseman threat. I know Markov is the man when he's healthy, but damn, how long has he been healthy? Anyways, I'm for PK, one because I don't think he'll have a sophomore slump. He just seems to have the right attitude to keep going strong.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

The Great One

I think Goligoski is poised to explode. Yes, it might seem like he had the ideal situation in Pittsburgh with Crosby/Malkin/etc., but expectations plus the emergence of Letang hurt him and a change of scenery will help his true talent shine through. Losing Richards hurts Dallas, but as Ryan Whitney showed in Edmonton before getting hurt last season, d-men can put up big points even on losing teams that don't score a lot of goals.

In a points only league, I'm going with Gologoski over Subban for now and the future. Subban is great too, but his added value comes in multi-cat pools or ones that reward defensemen goals. Straight points his value is not as great, kind of like Chara.

Dobber Sports Novice

I think the whole thing comes down to "is Markov going to play". If Markov plays 82 games PK is bound do get in the 30's. If Markov leaves (injury, KHL, trade...) then PK's numbers will explode.

I'd rather own PK then Goligoski, only for the fact that PK has more upside AND (important for me...) he's an all around exciting player to watch. I know you cant base your pools roster on that but if i have to pick between two... i'm going with the excitement!

PK, all the way!
    Last edited by Bad News Boulevard; June 15, 2011 at 9:29 AM.

Dobber Sports Pro

PK PK PK PK.
    He is going to be an absoulte stud. I made sure to own him in both of my leagues. I honestly feel he will hit 50+ points & 80+pims consisitently for the next 5 years. So talented, so creative, great speed, great shot.
    My only fear is some idiot takes a run at him and we'll have one more lost to a concussion.