Thread: Milan Lucic

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Milan Lucic

Prospect on the Bruins. There has been some buzz on this guy and seems like he is developing well. Anyone have any insights? What would be his ETA in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Milan Lucic

He was named the MVP for the Memorial Cup Tournament. Personally, I think that Repik, had a better overall tournament, but Lucic certainly had an impact in the Championship game. He is a hitter, fighter, and power forward. He has been identified as the captain of the Vancouver Giants for next year. I would suggest that he is probably about 3 years from the NHL.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Milan Lucic

hockeylifer wrote:
    He was named the MVP for the Memorial Cup Tournament. Personally, I think that Repik, had a better overall tournament, but Lucic certainly had an impact in the Championship game. He is a hitter, fighter, and power forward. He has been identified as the captain of the Vancouver Giants for next year. I would suggest that he is probably about 3 years from the NHL.
    I completely agree. I was at all the games, and kept waiting for Milan to \"take over\". Never happened. Meanwhile, Repik stepped it up a notch and was trying to make things happen every time he touched the puck. I thought Repik was a shoe-in for the MVP, not just because of his point production, but it just wasn\'t meant to be.

I like Lucic. The fans love it when he fixes his hair before a fight. I think he\'ll make it to the NHL one day. Maybe not in 3 years, but we\'ll see how the rest of his Jr. career works out. He\'s heading in the right direction.

(P.S. I\'m picking Lance Bouma as my dark horse to break out next year, on the Giants.)