Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coverage 2011 NHL MOCK DRAFT Selection Thread

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Colorado/V0A has surpassed his time limit. Shall we move on? Or wait for him to come online?

I see that Carolina/Kudelskis Krushers isn't online either so he wouldn't be picking right away anyways.
    I don't mind waiting a bit for these two guys to show up. There's no real rush doing this mock draft... If all goes well, we should be done by Friday.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    I don't mind waiting a bit for these two guys to show up. There's no real rush doing this mock draft... If all goes well, we should be done by Friday.
    says you - i'm champing at the bit so hard i'm gonna need a dentist.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Colorado selects Sven Bartschi 11th overall.

Almost went D here, but we need the winger help even after drafting Landeskog. Good D can be had through FA and our pipeline already looks very good. Bartschi bring speed and skill to our wings and should help Duchene and Stastny to be even better.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Colorado made our decision here in Carolina much easier. While we are already very small up front, the organization lacks true wingers and Bartschi's combination of heart, speed and two-way ability would make him a valuable contributor to any team, irrespective of his small stature. After Colorado's selection, the Hurricanes tried to move this pick but were unsuccessful.

The Hurricanes will select with the 12'th overall pick... Duncan Siemens.

Despite the organizational need for a winger and the fact that we have routinely dipped into the US/NCAA pool to snag more offensively-minded defencemen over the past few years (Dumoulin, Faulk, Biega), the Hurricanes would like to add some more size and grit to a group of blue-line prospects that currently only boasts Rissanen as a promising shut-down type. Siemens adds an intriguing combination of physical play (something sorely lacking in our organization) and offensive ability. We were looking hard at another blue-liner with similar size and a higher offensive upside but eventually decided that Siemens' physicality was a better fit for the organization. Plus, while his offensive upside is limited, he still possesses the tools necessary to be a top-pairing defenceman down the road.

With Pitkanen a UFA this summer, and every other blue-liner in our organization to be either UFA or RFA in the summer of 2012, look for Siemens to get a long look in training camp. More likely, however, is another year of junior followed by a year of duty split between the Checkers and the Hurricanes in 2012-13.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Some interesting picks guys, loving it.

CGY is on the clock, followed by DAL.

Dobber Sports Guru

At 13th overall, the Calgary Flames will select Mark McNeill from the WHL's Prince Albert Raiders.

There were three players the Flames considered in depth, and while a defenseman was at the top of the list, the difference between the players was not enough to avoid making the decision based on organizational need. McNeill is a strapping young center who is responsible in his own end and already plays at near his NHL weight.

Compared to Ryan Getzlaf by some, while McNeill displays several traits far more advanced than the former Hitman showed at the same age (among them defensive awareness, conditioning, shooting mechanics, and skating stride), the fact remains that he lacks the flashes of high-end upside regularly on display in the WHL in 2003.

With the depressing loss of Tim Erixon just weeks before the draft, McNeill automatically becomes the best prospect in the Flames' system. However, he will not be looked upon as a savior for the franchise; nor should any player selected at #13. The fact that this player can perhaps be looked upon to make his NHL debut very soon is welcome news to a club that is still struggling to compete with their aging and expensive core.

Unless he really turns heads at training camp (and assuming no injuries to the Flames' current roster of centers), McNeill can return to the WHL to hone his offensive game and will be in a good position to step into the NHL once Olli Jokinen's deal in Calgary expires in 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ultrawhiteness; June 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Awesome picks gentlemen.

I am a big fan of McNeil and hope he slides to 25th (not gonna happen)

I will get ahold of Kelly Friesen/DAL to make his selection.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default The Dallas Stars select...

Former WHLer Kelly Friesen is a writer at Yahoo! Sports and will be representing the Dallas Stars for this Mock Draft

The Dallas Stars are proud to select with the 14th pick defenseman Joseph Morrow of the Portland Winterhawks

I'm selecting Morrow because Dallas desperately need puck moving defenceman, and Morrow will be a great fit in Dallas. He's a puck-mover that also plays a strong defensive game.

*I also seen more improvement in his game this year than Nathan Beaulieu, and I believe the WHL is a harder league to play in than the QMJHL. That being said, it was hard to decide which defenceman to pick.

Kelly Friesen

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah, it looks like I'm having issues inserting picture too!

The New York Rangers are proud to select with the 15th pick, right wing Joel Armia of Assat (SM-Liiga).

Why?

Sure, the Rangers don't have history of drafting Finnish players, but with pretty good depth at almost other positions, I thought their best pick would be Armia (most probably the BPA at this stage) to fill their RW. He's big, can score goal and he's already playing with mens. Can you ask for more?
    Last edited by Chicleteur; June 15, 2011 at 9:04 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Do the Right Thing Chic

Chicleteur, do the right thing and leave _____ in his cage... go for BA-offensive sniper... we need goals!

... I left it blank to not influence, but you know who I mean if you read Hockey's Future.

EDIT: Ah, your post beat me to it... atleast you didn't pick Biggs.
    Last edited by Czechline; June 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM.
    11 Team 1yr. daily update Yahoo Roto League (drafted 6th)
    Roster: 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 1U, 2G, 10 B, 1IR (NO max games played)
    Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, BS, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: J. Thornton, N. Backstrom, P. Stastny, D. Desharnais, Z. Konopka
    L: J. Benn (C/L), Jo. Staal (C/L), D. Perron (C/L), S. Kostitsyn, A. McDonald (C/L), B. Prust
    R: M. St.Louis, B. wheeler, J. Voracek, T. Purcell
    D: S. Weber, A. Goligoski, J. Carlson, D. Seidenberg, J. Gorges
    G: J. Quick, M. Smith, J. Hiller
    IR: --

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program, America's Got Talented Fat Desperate Housewives on the Pole, for this special sports broadcast:

Bomm Bastic [whispering]: Hello, this is Bomm Bastic coming to you live from the Xcel Energy Center in balmy Minnesota for the 2011 NHL Draft!! It's been quite an exciting draft, thus far, with some very sexy picks being taken. However, we're just in time for Buffalo's selection at 16th overall. Let's cut live to Darcy Regier....

Regier [off mic w/Ruff]: Listen tell Drury he can kiss my...[wha...? I'm up??] Oh...ummmm [ahem]....With the sixteenth overall selection in the 2011 NHL draft, the Buffalo Sabres proudly select, from the Montreal Junior Canadiens Gilbert Perrau....what the [beeeeeeeep], Pegula?!? Who gave you access to the tele-prompter? Get away from there.

I-I-I don't care how much money you offered him, ok? He's retired and clearly ineligible. Terry? Terry, please stop crying. Terry...??? Dear God, where's Black? Ted, hey, get Terry outta here will ya? He's crying all over the damn tele-prompter. See if petty cash is still open and draw enough for a new oil field or something.

DiPofi [shouting]: DON'T FORGET A RECEIPT!!

Regier [composing himself] Sorry (heh-heh) about that delay. Now, once again, with the sixteenth overall selection in the 2011 NHL draft, the Buffalo Sabres proudly select, from Saint John of the QMJHL, Zach Phillips, C.

Bomm Bastic: Oh, did you hear that? Zach Phillips! What a great pick! Let's see if we can get Darcy over here, shall we? Darcy! Can we have a word?

Darcy: For you Bomm, anything! Remember that night in Vegas with the midg...nevermind. Ask away!

Bomm Bastic: What made you go with Phillips? And were you surprised he fell to you at #16?

Regier: Oh certainly, Bomm, certainly, surprised as hell and just pleased as punch. We've selected defensemen five out of the past six years. Sure in 2008 we were fortunate enough to get both Myers and Ennis in the first round, but our farm is replete with d-men. Not to mention we plan on making a move during the off season for another stay-at-home type.

We were considering Rocco Grimaldi but ultimately he refused to cough up his mamma's meatball recipe. Not to mention we didn't want him, Ennis, Gerbe, and Roy all car pooling in the same motorized shopping cart. Insurance issues, ya know?

Bomm: Say no more.

Regier: So Phillips has the upside we desire, and adds some nice depth in our system now that we expect Luke and Zach to get the call up - pending arraignment for the latter, of course.

Bomm: Of course. Thank you, Darcy, and goodnight from Buffalo, NY!
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; June 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Didn't see that one! Nice Bomm. Great play by play haha. Oilers are feeling pretty good considering the players still available.

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Didn't see that one! Nice Bomm. Great play by play haha. Oilers are feeling pretty good considering the players still available.
    Hey, dyz, who's up after me?
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Hey, dyz, who's up after me?
    Montreal - ericdaoust

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Montreal - ericdaoust
    I just PM'd him, thanks
    @SmittysRant