Thread: Spezza

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Spezza

Spezza took a hard hit in the first period and appeared to have his bell rung.

He played a couple more shifts after that then left the bench for the remainder of the game.

Right now the team says it was precautionary and that it was some sort of \'upper body injury\' (haven\'t heard that before).

Nothing else beyond that right now.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Spezza

I\'m hearing a lot of \"precautionary\" business but you can\'t help but question it. They were saying the same thing last night about Heatley and how he was pulled out of the roster for \"precautionary\" measures....maybe that\'s the new term for full month absences, I don\'t know...either way, I just don\'t buy it completely.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Spezza

Freddy Meyer caught him with his head down just past center ice comming into the Isles\' end.

My guess, and this is my guess, not fact by any means yet, is that it could be a concussion.

Hopefully he was just not feeling very good after the hit.

That he played a couple more shifts after that could be a good sign, but like you said \'precautionary\' does not necessarily really mean just that.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Spezza

I agree-concussion; tried to play thru but probably couldnt continue as symptoms worsened; everyone needs to step up now; goalies included since so much offense has potentially been lost
    Cup Defense Mode Deep Y! 20x25
    C Sedin Gomez Drury Nylander
    RW Selanne Lupul JasWilliams
    LW Brunette Nilsson SKostitsyn
    W Perron Parrish
    D Mara Sekera Picard Doughty Poti Salmela
    G Osgood Huet Conklin JDD
    IR JusWilliams

Bench Morrison Umberger Brassard

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Spezza

Whew....

TSN is reporting the Spezz Dispenser will likely play against the Caps tomorrow night.

I finally saw some upclose replays of the hit, and Meyer caught him in the chest, not the head. Plus Spezza\'s head never hit the ice when he went down.

It looks like it was more his chest that hurt than anything else from what I make of the reports and from what Paddock is saying.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Spezza

yeah i heard on the xm nhl station that he is just \"sore all over\" but as of now has no concussion symptoms. He plans on lacing them up for the morning skate and if there are still no signs of any concussion symptoms then he will play through the soreness.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Spezza

Phew. My main competitor just lost Heatley, giving me a chance to move into 1st and then this happened. Well, I and all Spezza owners lucked out.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Spezza

hopefully Redden doesn\'t set him up with another suicide pass.
    God bless us,everyone of us!