Thread: Is Elliot even worth a flyer?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Is Elliot even worth a flyer?

Brutal year last year with the Sens and Avs. Now unrestricted (methinks). Any way he's relevant next year?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Administrator

From a fantasy point of view, I would say no.

Colorado has already stated that they would not be resigning Budaj and will put particular emphasis in signing/acquiring a #1 goalie. Elliott would be the backup, but if you combine the number of games he would be expected to play with the predicted performance of the Avs next season (my prediction: not very good), you pretty much have your answer I think...
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It depends. In a deeper league, I don't see why not. If Colorado can't land a starter, it could very well be Elliott.

Dobber Sports Giant

even if he does play he will ruin your fantasy team.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Guru

It is a deeper league. I can get him for next to nothing, so I might gamble that he gets a gig somewhere. As much as Ottawa wants to get a #1, there are a few teams that will be in the same boat. Philly maybe. Phoenix maybe. Florida. We'll see. Thanks.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

The Magnificent One

i think he is worth a gamble. on fantasy teams maybe not so much bc he will be easy WW fodder to grab if he does well. but he does have nhl games under his belt so lets not forget that. teams might like to use him as a backup to push there startes and then with injuries or whatnot younever know. he should beable to be a cheap sign this summer. he knows he has alot of work infront of him before he becomes a #1 someplace.

he has shown good games so you neever know. i can see a team using him as a cheap backup.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

yuck just looking at the name Elliot gives me cringes. Had this guy last year as my third goalie and he single handedly lost me weeks with his putrid play in net. My advice is to stay away from this guy once he gives up a goal he losses it and gives up 4 more goals.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    It is a deeper league. I can get him for next to nothing, so I might gamble that he gets a gig somewhere. As much as Ottawa wants to get a #1, there are a few teams that will be in the same boat. Philly maybe. Phoenix maybe. Florida. We'll see. Thanks.
    I think the Sens have their number 1 for now in Anderson. Personally I think the odds are 50/50 right now that Elliott is the starter for the Avs come October. If they do go after a starter like Vokoun in the summer then of course that won't be the case.

I am strongly considering keeping Elliott in one league behind Howard and Hiller just on the off chance that he does stick as the starter for the Av's - I don't think he is a bad option at all if he does.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Since it's a deeper league and you can get him for nothing you might as well pick him up. Just don't expect or rely on him to contribute.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I think the Sens have their number 1 for now in Anderson. Personally I think the odds are 50/50 right now that Elliott is the starter for the Avs come October. If they do go after a starter like Vokoun in the summer then of course that won't be the case.

I am strongly considering keeping Elliott in one league behind Howard and Hiller just on the off chance that he does stick as the starter for the Av's - I don't think he is a bad option at all if he does.
    Ah. I meant Colorado. Sorry 'bout that mistype.

I'm just hoping the Avs make things clear before our draft this summer -- I can't afford to have a deadweight on the roster. Any starter's worth hanging on to, and the Avs could be better if healthier, but if he's benching it, he's not worth anything to me.