Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Crosby cleared for off-season workouts

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    i actually find this news more scary than I do reassuring...the fact that he's traveling all over the country consulting multiple experts in the field suggests that his symptoms aren't going away and he is not progressing as well as had been hoped
    This is just an alternate theory. Perhaps Crosby went to consult with multiple spe******ts recently because there were a few media reports about Crosby possibly not starting the season. I don't believe its a coincidence. This was just a response to those articles published.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigmamadog317 View Post
    This is just an alternate theory. Perhaps Crosby went to consult with multiple spe******ts recently because there were a few media reports about Crosby possibly not starting the season. I don't believe its a coincidence. This was just a response to those articles published.
    haha OK dude believe what you want but i think its pretty odd to suggest that Crosby would suddenly decide to go consult multiple special-ists just because the media was worrying over him, that's pretty far fetched

if you are perhaps also suggesting that it may be a chicken and egg deal...in otherwords, he had already consulted multiple doctors previously, and simply hadn't reported it and the recent reports were just in response to all the recent media attention then I can see that as much more plausible.

At the same time though, none of this changes the reality of the situation, the fact that he's consulting multiple professionals and special-ists is NOT a positive development...think about it logically...if your luxury car keeps stalling, you take it to your favorite mechanic and they fix it...but if you have to take it to multiple mechanics and none of them can figure it out then you really start to worry
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; August 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

This just drives me mad, not because I have him on my keeper squad, but the fact that the NHL couldn't even protect it's greatest asset at this time from some cheap shot to the head.

And when I say NHL I mean everyone from the players, to the refs, to the suits, it just sucks.
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Legend

Just read this on CBS:

Sidney Crosby, C PIT
    News: Independent medical experts believe Sidney Crosby (post-concussion) faces a long road back to the NHL, according to a report in the Globe and Mail.

Analysis: Earlier this week, Sidney Crosby's agent Pat Brisson revealed that Sid's symptom's returned when he reached a 90 percent exertion level. And it's that statement that has provided a critical insight to the status of Sid's recovery for physicians who specialize in concussion treatment. In fact, those experts believe Sid may have to start his comeback all over again -- at square one. Protocols unanimously recommended at the International Symposium on Concussion in Sport, a November 2008 meeting of sports doctors in Zurich, indicate that athletes who experience symptoms at the 90 percent exertion level should go back to the first rehab stage -- "complete physical and cognitive rest." A subsequent amendment to this recommendation now allows patients to attempt "light activity" but it cannot be strenuous in any way. "I think it's going to be a long time before Mr. Crosby, in my humble opinion, is back to full activity," said Dr. Gary Joubert, chair of emergency medicine at the University of Western Ontario's Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks for that info fungchen3. It's exactly the reason we should all be very concerned.

If he can't reach 90% then Crosby needs to cease training altogether. He's too young to make this a re-occurring issue (although it probably always will be).

Banned

Make him the PP coach to start the year. God knows they really need one. Their PP sucks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Cleared to practice without contact.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375920

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
    Cleared to practice without contact.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375920
    encouraging news to be sure but there's a huge difference between skating around untouched and playing hockey at full tilt during an actual game. I think he's still probably a couple months away but hopefully he can be symptom free during his training. I sort of worry about him being on the same team as Matt Cooke though, he might suffer another concussion merely by being on the ice at the same as him

Dobber Sports Master

I hope he's wearing the brightest friggin colored jersey of all time. Put a bell and flashing lights on him too...

Dobber Sports Star

Yea it won't take much of a bump to put the kibosh(sp?) on the season.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Expert

Ugh, and now the guys who passed on Crosby in my league are getting a little more nervous. Low ball incoming offers en route!
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Ugh, and now the guys who passed on Crosby in my league are getting a little more nervous. Low ball incoming offers en route!
    LOL - yep they think you didn't know what you were doing when you drafted him, so now you will give him away.

Dobber Sports Newbie

One of his doctors thinks he is ok for contact!

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...s-medical-team

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    yeah dude, savor this moment
    I would reply to every lowball offer the exact same way: "if you wanted him so bad why didn't you draft him yourself?"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm in a 15 man league and I was pleasantly surprised when my fellow managers left Crosby available into the middle of the 2nd round, where I too hesitated but then picked him. 20+ players into the draft, it was crosby vs 70 pt players. It came down to how many games you think crosby will play because you know he'll be more than ppg.

now i'm sitting with crosby, datsyuk, carter and kesler. as 4 of my 8 fwds. all capable of ppg... though kesler's situation is probably a bit worse than I originally thought.

congrats to those that took the calculated risk and snapped up crosby