Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Radulov: A New Hope...

Dobber Sports Star

Default Radulov: A New Hope...

Looks like the fiscal crisis is no joke. Just reported monday, Salavat Yulaev Ufa has apparently lost its main funding source, and if there was anything that could actually get Rads' bags packed, this may be it.

Link: http://www.sports.ru/en/hockey/100571364.html

His "I promise to return to Ufa next year..." statement may be quickly reversed if this is true. Along with the coaching change, his buddy Thoresen bolting to the NHL and now this, things seem more than a little unstable so you never know...

Many apologies to the people who's hopes this may raise.
    Last edited by loco man; May 31, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Looks like the fiscal crisis is no joke. Just reported monday, Salavat Yulaev Ufa has apparently lost its main funding source, and if there was anything that could actually get Rads' bags packed, this may be it.

Link: http://www.sports.ru/en/hockey/100571364.html

His "I promise to return to Ufa next year..." statement may be quickly reversed if this is true. Along with his buddy Thoresen bolting, things really do seem a little unstable right now so never know...

Many apologies to the people who's hopes this may raise.
    You bastard! lol

I...am your father.

Where did Thorsen bolt to?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

never mind, found it
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Where did Thorsen bolt to?
    To whoever will take him, I guess.

Apparently left the team due to "family reasons" and is planning on playing in the NHL if he can stick. Whether or not somebody signs him, it is still interesting that he wanted out.

What do you think of the funding issue and how it relates to Rads, Dobber?
    Last edited by loco man; May 31, 2011 at 10:20 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Stud

He hasn't landed anywhere yet.

Translated from the Norwegian site tv2sporten.no:

Thoresen rejects KHL-off
    Salavat Julajev said Patrick Thoresen has rejected them. Although he says it is not true.

After two glorious seasons in the Russian Salavat Julajev Ufa, KHL club claimed that Patrick Thoresen decided to turn down a new contract with them.

Director Nicholas Kurapov told RIA Novosti that the Northern man has chosen to say no for the sake of the family.

Thoresen family has been living in Norway while he has played in Russia the last two seasons.

Although he claims that it is not true.

- I have not said no to the KHL, it's just Ufa who have taken it out of the blue, "says Thoresen to NRK.no .

With 29 goals and 65 points in 54 games, was 27-year-old finished second in both scoring and points league in the KHL this season.

In the playoffs, it was another 18 points in 21 games, and he was one of the club's best players on the way to the playoff title.

Last week it was speculated that he might be heading back to the Swedish ice hockey, where he had great success in Djurgården.

But Thoresen disproved this to Aftonbladet .

- No, Sweden is not an option. I have selected. It is either KHL or NHL. I have a new contract proposal I shall consider from Russia and I also know that there is great interest in North America. We'll see what it is, "he told the newspaper Saturday.

Thoresen did not play to a central place in either Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Flyers last time he was in the NHL.
    And from nrk.no:

This is only taken out of the blue
    The Norwegian hockey star Patrick Thoresen denies that he has decided to move from Russia.

Russian media reported Monday afternoon that Thoresen had decided to move out of the vast country for the sake of the family.

Board member of Salavat Ufa Julajev, Nikolaj Kurapov, quoted this in the Ria Novosti today, according to TV 2 .

- Taken out of the blue
    It is not true, according to Thoresen itself.

- I have not said no to the KHL, it's just Ufa who have taken it out of the blue, "says Thoresen to nrk.no.

- I even got to know this through the net in the 18-time today.

- Very uncertain
    Thoresen, who was with the Russian champion Salavat Julajev earlier this year, has previously been open about that it's hard to be away from your family all the time. Therefore, he said no to being with Norway for the World Cup - to make time with loved ones.

But he has decided to move from Russia is not correct.

- The status is that I am very unsure of what to do and where I want to play, but I hope to have taken a decision within a week's time, "Thoresen to nrk.no.
    Sounds like things are still developing.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks TG - developing situation for sure.

What seems to be clear is that he will not be playing with Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

Back on point, if this is true and they have lost their major funder, one has to think that the door has swung wide open yet again for a possible Radulov return.

I would be very interested to hear from someone a little more connected to the Russian hockey scene to know how impactful this situation may be, if true.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am very interested in seeing how this plays out,I pickedup Rads as a flier in both my leagues after seeing him mentioned in the ramblings for what it seemed 2 weeks straight daily.My one team won the title,so it would be a major coup if he does return.
    I am personally very skeptical in his return,but throwing a line out isn't a bad idea IMHO,moves like this,can win you championships!!!
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Dobber Sports Master

This is worse than crack cocaine. I think I could make sick cash running a Radulov detox centre...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    This is worse than crack cocaine. I think I could make sick cash running a Radulov detox centre...
    Where do I check in? Looks like I have Rad-lapsed.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Icon

To me, it was obvious that Radulov was going to say "I am committed to Salavat for the duration of my contract" even though he knew that the team might fold or not have funding. This way, he remains loyal in the eyes of the fans and Russians generally and is off the hook when the team has no funds. What was the alternative, to start talking now about walking away from the contract, when he's already borne the brunt of heavy criticism for having done that to the Preds? No way.

I think it's 70-30 chance that this team is done (or at least won't have the funds to pay its top players) and that Radulov is back in the NHL next year.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

I lost Parise in a late trade last year, having Radulov come back, although it doesn't replace Parise, will help me tremendously!
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Star

I agree with Ross - he now has the perfect out. "Hey, I was willing to stay, its really too bad that things didn't work out. Thanks for the memories, see you again during the lockout..."

Who the hell knows how this is gonna go, but instability in the K is a very good thing.

REALLY surprised this isn't getting more press. I know most are sick of this issue, but man, losing the primary funding source must be causing a stir, one would think.
    Last edited by loco man; June 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM.

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Wizard

So of course after reading this, I went straight to the Radulov owner in our league and asked him about him. He knows about the possibility of Rads coming over (which I was hoping he wouldn't but oh well) and wants a guy who can help him this upcoming season.

So looking at my roster below, what do you think is fair value for a guy possibly coming back from the KHL, but still a good possibility he doesn't play in North America at all for a couple more seasons at least.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    So of course after reading this, I went straight to the Radulov owner in our league and asked him about him. He knows about the possibility of Rads coming over (which I was hoping he wouldn't but oh well) and wants a guy who can help him this upcoming season.

So looking at my roster below, what do you think is fair value for a guy possibly coming back from the KHL, but still a good possibility he doesn't play in North America at all for a couple more seasons at least.
    I think a player like Helm would be fair, because you are absorbing a lot of risk. A viable mid-level (slightly higher) solid depth guy is all that I would give up.

Now, will it do the trick? Dunno. That's a tough call because for me if I own Rads, what it would take to give him up would be correlated to how I acquired him. He has such upside that hanging onto him at this point is also worth the risk.

Tough call.
    @SmittysRant