Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final: Vancouver (West) vs. Boston (East)

Banned

well not a convincing win by any means but a win nonetheless...

here's why I would be worried as a Nucks fan (as I alluded to in a previous post). The Nucks aren't winning their games convincingly, 1-0, 3-2, 1-0 with no goals by the twins...the B's have won convincingly, 8-1 and 4-0...other than the home ice advantage, if I'm a Nucks fan, I'm feeling that brackish vomit taste creeping up the back of my throat. Sure they might win this series by a hair due to solid, unflashy play but I'd still be worried

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    well not a convincing win by any means but a win nonetheless...

here's why I would be worried as a Nucks fan (as I alluded to in a previous post). The Nucks aren't winning their games convincingly, 1-0, 3-2, 1-0 with no goals by the twins...the B's have won convincingly, 8-1 and 4-0...other than the home ice advantage, if I'm a Nucks fan, I'm feeling that brackish vomit taste creeping up the back of my throat. Sure they might win this series by a hair due to solid, unflashy play but I'd still be worried
    Fair enough, but the thing is when they play a solid game the do win. Game 3 and 4 they spent the last 40 min shitting all over the rink. The Bruins haven't had the 'bad game' that the Canucks have turned in twice... doubly true for Thomas vs Luongo.

I tell ya though, games like this are better to watch than the penalty filled 3rd periods of games 3 & 4... in my humble opinion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Fair enough, but the thing is when they play a solid game the do win. Game 3 and 4 they spent the last 40 min shitting all over the rink. The Bruins haven't had the 'bad game' that the Canucks have turned in twice... doubly true for Thomas vs Luongo.

I tell ya though, games like this are better to watch than the penalty filled 3rd periods of games 3 & 4... in my humble opinion.
    agreed...all I'm saying is that any of the Nucks wins could have went the opposite way, you cant say the same for the BOS wins though

Banned

after tonight, i think the slate was wiped clean.
    when the puck drops on monday night, the scores of the previous 5 games won't matter to either team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

agreed...all I'm saying is that any of the Nucks wins could have went the opposite way, you cant say the same for the BOS wins though
    Mcgoo you are one of the people I respect the most on this site but to me it does not matter IMHO. Canucks have one 3 and Bruins have won 2.

I play a lot of golf here in SC and if I get a par after hitting my first shot in the rough, second into the bunker, third 20 feet from the cup and nail the 20 footer it still shows as a par on my scorecard.

The Canucks showed me a lot tonight to play this kind of game after the terrible game in games 3 and 4. I think the Bruins will win game 6 and the Nucks will win a similar one as tonight and VanCity will go crazy!
    Last edited by Sin Bin; June 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Winning scoring titles mean nothing if you can't perform in the big time. These two need to show up.
    Canucks wouldnt be here without them...plain and simple..Henrik is playing hurt and they are still their most dangerous line
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Ace

who cares? a win is a win and a loss is a loss...last time the habs won the cup how many O.T. wins did they have?did you care...i thought not.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Luongo save percentages from NHL Network:

Home: .980%

Away: .793%
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Bin View Post
    Luongo save percentages from NHL Network:

Home: .980%

Away: .793%
    daaaang... that is a crazy difference

Dobber Sports Sophomore

1 more win and everything is good and wholesome in the hockey world.

Go Canucks Go.

Dobber Sports Sage

Here's what I can say about the Canucks that's purely positive... no matter what situation we've been in this year, we have found a way to win.

Whether it's pretty or not the Canuck's have become a team that are capable of winning any type of game, which is different from the Canucks of old. They used to either only win the first period, or the last, or give up the lead, or not be able to come back. This year has seen the Canucks win in every type of situation possible, which bodes well for the finals. Not saying we're an automatic win, just saying that I feel confident in the fact that "nothing" will rattle this team to a point where we can't win. Close or not, here's to one hell of a Stanley Cup Finals!

Fantastic effin' game tonight!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Master

Thomas this round .965 sv % and about a about a 1.20 GAA... and he's trailing in the series... clearly he has to step up and provide the Bruins some championship level goaltending.

Don't mean to be harsh coz I like the dude, but Timmy clearly isn't getting it done.

edit: don't really wanna ask, but do you think they can risk starting him in game 6 facing elimination?
    Last edited by Loch; June 11, 2011 at 12:25 AM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Thomas this round .965 sv % and about a about a 1.20 GAA... and he's trailing in the series... clearly he has to step up and provide the Bruins some championship level goaltending.

Don't mean to be harsh coz I like the dude, but Timmy clearly isn't getting it done.
    Lol. On Timmay... man, how do you not love this guy. Everything about him is great and hilarious. Even in his after game interviews he wanted to be bitter and angry, but he turned everything into jokes. This guy sets an example for the entire NHL. Through his passion, skill and ability to chill. Nothing but good things to say about this guy, who is also the one who could kill my 30 year dream!

I hope to hell Timmay is the Conne Smythe winner whether or not Boston wins. SO deserving!@
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WildHendy View Post
    who cares? a win is a win and a loss is a loss...last time the habs won the cup how many O.T. wins did they have?did you care...i thought not.
    typical fan rah rah bullshit...all I'm saying is that if I were a Nucks fan I would feel a little uneasy after being outscored 12-2 in the last 3 games

Dobber Sports Ninja

Reason #1,975 why I can't the Canucks. Luongo giving goaltending tips to Thomas.

@HackswithHaggsJoe Haggerty
    Luongo on GW goal: "Not hard [save] if youre playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me. But if you're wandering out...its gonna happen"