Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: DY's 2011 NHL Entry Mock Draft

I...am your father.

Wow - this work has turned into almost a magazine. Fantastic, such passion!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Awesome awesome awesome writing! I thought it'd be hard for you to put your level on this forum even higher, but you've managed to do so and make it look easy!

One small note about Swedish team names though: I see you've spelled Djurgarden as Djurgardens. The s at the end is possessive and should only be used if you include the IF, as in Djurgardens IF (idrottsforening = sports association), otherwise you just write Djurgarden. Same thing with Farjestad and Leksand, and I see you've left out the possessive s in those names. No one here says Djurgardens. We all say/write Djurgarden here.
    GO WINGS!

Banned

C'mon sentium it isn't a big deal lol...I was gonna mention it too though

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I know I'd like to know that if I was writing such a big project as I'm (and this is not a surprise to anyone) a stickler for details. It wasn't meant as complaining, just trying to help.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Awesome awesome awesome writing! I thought it'd be hard for you to put your level on this forum even higher, but you've managed to do so and make it look easy!

One small note about Swedish team names though: I see you've spelled Djurgarden as Djurgardens. The s at the end is possessive and should only be used if you include the IF, as in Djurgardens IF (idrottsforening = sports association), otherwise you just write Djurgarden. Same thing with Farjestad and Leksand, and I see you've left out the possessive s in those names. No one here says Djurgardens. We all say/write Djurgarden here.
    Thanks Sentium for clarifying that. I would have never known that. You just made a bunch of editing work for me....ahhh, screw it, I will just make sure I don't make the mistake in the future

Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Dean, just wanted to say that this is really good writing. It's thorough, well-reasoned, clear, and has just the right amount of snark. I make my living as a writer/editor and I appreciate reading quality writing.

This is professional-level work, and I hope the Scouting Bureau paid you for it!
    "If the all star game is about showing off ur skills. If I was in the breakaway competition, I'd dump it in and change."
    -Paul Bissonette, "BizNasty2point0", on Twitter, January 30, 2011

Banned

I would just like to update something: Dougie Hamilton is now 6'6.5" as opposed to his height of 6'4" that he is listed as (anywhere not just here).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by honduranhockey View Post
    Hey Dean, just wanted to say that this is really good writing. It's thorough, well-reasoned, clear, and has just the right amount of snark. I make my living as a writer/editor and I appreciate reading quality writing.

This is professional-level work, and I hope the Scouting Bureau paid you for it!
    Thanks. I appreciate the complement.

Actually, the "Scouting Bureau" is just the blog site I set up to post all my works in recent months. I am not paying myself

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I would just like to update something: Dougie Hamilton is now 6'6.5" as opposed to his height of 6'4" that he is listed as (anywhere not just here).
    Yes. I read that yesterday and meant to pass on that information, however, there are some people skeptical about the whole measuring process and which measurements to trust.

At almost 6'7" (if true), Hamilton could go a lot higher than initially projected and rival Adam Larsson.

Hamilton has so many great qualities as a player and person and if he measures 6'7" then it definitely improves his draft value.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default 2nd Round - 41st, 42nd, 43rd, 44th, 45th

I apologize for the delay in the second round picks. I was gone all weekend and as I returned late Sunday night, I needed to write a few prospect profiles and articles for my other site. I am back at it and should finish up the second round in the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience.

ST. LOUIS BLUES - 41st Overall
    Dmitri Jaskin (RW)
    Slavia (Czech)
    6-1, 191 lbs
    33 GP - 3 G - 7 A - 10 P - 16 PIM

The big Czech winger was once projected inside the first round but after struggling with consistency he will likely fall somewhere after the 30th pick. Jaskin is an aggressive hard working player who has one of the better shots of this draft class. Scouts haven't seen a lot of Jaskin this year but those who did have noticed that he thrives in the high traffic areas and is extremely good with the puck in tight spaces.

CAROLINA HURRICANES - 42nd Overall
    Phillip Danault (LW)
    Victoriaville (QMJHL)
    6-0, 170 lbs
    64 GP - 23 G - 44 A - 67 P - 59 PIM

Danault was named captain of his QMJHL team as a seventeen year old and that speaks wonders of the type of player he is. Teams will be drawn to his tireless work ethic and responsible defensive play. The small winger never gives up on a play and is always circling the puck and while he isn't flashy Danault is the type of player who will help win those close games.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - 43rd Overall
    Daniel Catenacci (C)
    Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
    5-10, 183
    67 GP - 26 G - 45 A - 71 P - 117 PIM

The former first-overall selection in the OHL Draft who can skate, dangle and plays with a ton of jam. At 5'10", Catenacci plays much bigger than his size and doesn't shy away from trouble on the ice (sometimes to a fault). This fiery center has the ability to come up big when his team needs him but also is dependable defensively. Scouts were almost certain Catenacci would be a first round pick earlier in the season but after a disappointing U18's where he was virtually unnoticeable, Daniel is bound to slide outside of the Top 30.

DALLAS STARS - 44th Overall
    Ryan Sproul (D)
    Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
    6-4, 185 lbs
    61 GP - 14 G - 19 A - 33 P - 36 PIM

Sproul was brought up during the season from Jr.A and truly defines "riser" as he jumped from 124th to 54th on Central Scouting's rankings of North American skaters. The smooth skating defenseman is very raw but the offensive upside will be tempting for clubs come draft weekend. Sproul notched an impressive 14 goals once he joined an average Greyhounds team after November and impressed scouts with his excellent mobility and hard shot. The native of Mississauga will be a project pick but his upside will be too good to pass over (even 45th might be too late).

CALGARY FLAMES - 45th Overall
    Stuart Percy (D)
    Mississauga (OHL)
    6-0, 186 lbs
    64 GP - 4 G - 29A - 34 P - 50 PIM

Percy's stock has risen dramatically over the course of the season especially considering he wasn't initially listed in Central Scouting's preliminary rankings. Percy's strengths stem from his strong hockey sense as it allows him to play smart plays especially when sending outlet passes, maintaining proper positioning and reading plays correctly. The Oakville-native better be prepared to be selected earlier than expected as I could see him becoming one of those defencemen who have long NHL careers.
    Last edited by Dean Youngblood; June 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM.

Dobber Sports Monster

Dean,

I just personally wanted to say this work of yours is amazing. It's one thing to just throw a mock together and make picks and keep things moving. The time , the detail, the writing, it's all great great great stuff!!

As cool as the interaction of forum members is in the thread, I almost wish it was just your picks for each post, so it's all condensed together. ( My OCD) lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Dean,

I just personally wanted to say this work of yours is amazing. It's one thing to just throw a mock together and make picks and keep things moving. The time , the detail, the writing, it's all great great great stuff!!

As cool as the interaction of forum members is in the thread, I almost wish it was just your picks for each post, so it's all condensed together. ( My OCD) lol
    Thanks. Thanks a lot

The Mock has been posted at my site (thescoutingbureau.wordpress.com) and it will be updated with the second round when its complete (a lot easier to read)

Banned

I believe Ottawa owns that Chicago pick.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I believe Ottawa owns that Chicago pick.
    You are sort of right. It's a conditional pick and Chicago could use their option to send it to Ottawa.

Chicago has until 48 hours before the start of the 2011 Entry Draft to determine if they send their own second-round pick or one of the picks acquired from Atlanta and Calgary to Ottawa
    For our purposes, I am assuming they keep the Calgary's 2nd round pick.

Banned

Yeah my bad I meant Chicago's own pick, I thought it was 43...it is 48.