Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado Avalanche

Banned

Hey Marty

question for ya, would you drop pitkanen for wilson at this point?

or is wilson gonna slow down any time soon.

I don't know much about this guy, but was hoping you can shed some light on him.

thanks buddy

Dutch

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Hey Marty

question for ya, would you drop pitkanen for wilson at this point?

or is wilson gonna slow down any time soon.

I don't know much about this guy, but was hoping you can shed some light on him.

thanks buddy

Dutch
    Sorry about the late reply.

Not sure how long Pitkanen is out for? Wilson has moved up the depth chart in Colorado and leads the team in ice time, but I wouldn't read much into it since Daniel Winnik leads the F's in ice time. Wilson is a borderline 4th D, 2nd PP kind of guy who shouldn't put up more than 30-35 pts.

If the Avs make a coaching change that may slow Wilson down a little, he is playing a little over his head, but it is great to see. One of a few bright spots on this team.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mapletreemarty View Post
    Sorry about the late reply.

Not sure how long Pitkanen is out for? Wilson has moved up the depth chart in Colorado and leads the team in ice time, but I wouldn't read much into it since Daniel Winnik leads the F's in ice time. Wilson is a borderline 4th D, 2nd PP kind of guy who shouldn't put up more than 30-35 pts.

If the Avs make a coaching change that may slow Wilson down a little, he is playing a little over his head, but it is great to see. One of a few bright spots on this team.
    yeah, I hear ya... Just asked, cause the prognoses for pitkanen was weeks, and I guess he played the last game and got a pt as well, so I may have to stick it out for a while... Unless carle keeps sucking, then I may make a gamble on wilson..

Dobber Sports Star

Avalanche coach Joe Sacco will again shake up his lines in search of more offense in tonight's game against the New Jersey Devils at the Pepsi Center.
    Matt Duchene will play left wing on the Paul Stastny-centered line, but with David Jones on the opposite wing. Right-winger Milan Hejduk has moved to Ryan O'Reilly's line, with rookie Gabriel Landeskog.

Dobber Sports Star

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sacco finally came to his senses and took Winnik out of the top 6.... putting Hejduk on that line with OReilly and Landeskog was terrific as now scoring opportunities aren't being squandered by Winnik, who lets face it has very little offensive skill. I love everything else he does for this team but you can't lean on him to score 20 goals and 50 points.

That line looked grrrrrrreat! and Winnik was 6th in EV TOI unlike other games, he still saw the most TOI of the F's mainly because of his 4.5 mins of PK stime

Elliott has a sick shot... that wrister on Marty B. from the high slot off the post and in, just disgusting. This kid is like Shattenkirk, but is better at jumping into the play and has a much better shot, which he isn't afraid to use and keeps the D guessing, Shatty is more one-dimensional, always looking to make the pass.

The Devils didn't look great, but this was a much better effort tonight and more of a complete game by the Avs.

Nice to see Hejda post a +3. Varly was solid and made some key saves when called upon.

O'Reilly is flourishing as a 2nd line C. He'll surprise people with close to 60 pts. this year.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

The Magnificent One

I meant to post here to watch out for hejduk and o'relliy this week. Not only did they play the devils and I have brodeur on my fantasy team and kovy lol but my opponent has both these guys. My team has a way of waking up the opponets sleeping players.

Just to make a point last week I played a guy who had bozak (Tor) and poni (car)
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Genius

Hey guys, any rumblings or even a hunch of what will happen with Elliot going forward, with EJ due back soon?

I desperately need to fill a hole on D for at least a month, and I'm wondering if I should gamble on the kid. I've got limited moves, so if he goes back to the AHL right away I'd be in trouble.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Dobber Sports Sage

Not my bit, but of there was ever a player to take a chance on it's Elliott. Every tool is there it's all about being given the opportunity. With everything considered in his play so far there is no reason to think he won't stay. If he doesn't, that's just tough luck. I'd bank on yes.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Not my bit, but of there was ever a player to take a chance on it's Elliott. Every tool is there it's all about being given the opportunity. With everything considered in his play so far there is no reason to think he won't stay. If he doesn't, that's just tough luck. I'd bank on yes.
    Thanks, man. After a bit of poking around it seems that the Avs have no intentions of sending Elliot back down this season. Pretty sure I'll grab him and hope he continues to earn quality ice-time.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Thanks, man. After a bit of poking around it seems that the Avs have no intentions of sending Elliot back down this season. Pretty sure I'll grab him and hope he continues to earn quality ice-time.
    He's going to stay up with the Avs for the remainder of the season. The team waived Lindstrom, and he has gone back to Sweden. Although they'll be scratching 2 D per night, Hunwick + whoever is in Sacco's doghouse.

Elliott has looked great so far. Some rookie mistakes in his end, but he more than makes up for it with his offense so far, and creating chances.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Star

EJ is not in the lineup tonight... he is still suffering from a groin pull.
    Same story with Mueller, groin pull.

Ironically enough both of them suffered the injury when Sacco put the team through a bag skate a week to 10 days ago.

Seriously?? how do you pull your groin skating back and forth for 8 minutes?? What a joke. Try f*cking stretching.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hell yes! Finally whooped those red wings
    16 teams, Yahoo H2H keeper league ( we keep ALL of our players from year to year) 2C 2RW 2LW 4D 2G 5B 1Util

No salary cap

G A +/- PIM PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV(total) SV% SO

C: Crosby , Lecavalier, Ott , C. Smith
    LW: A. Mcdonald (C), Pacioretty , Wheeler, Greening
    RW: Read (C), M. Michalek (LW), Neil, J. Samson
    D: T. Kaberle, Wisniewski, Meszaros, Quincey, Garrison, Voynov,
    G: Fleury, Bryzgalov, Khabibulin, Enroth, S. Mason

Dobber Sports Star

I've been meaning post sooner, but priorities get in the way... It's amazing how you can go from such a high of winning 3 in a row at home and 4 of your last 5. A week later we're in the low after coming back from Western Canada getting our butts kicked by a collective score of 13-3, including still 0 GF against the Canucks so far this season.

Joe Sacco's answer? Bag skate.... unlike the first one that was blue line to blue line for 8 mins... this one was red line to red line for 30 mins. The Avs came away with 2 groin injuries after the first bag skate, so I'll put the over/under line for groin injuries after this one at 3.5.

This team does not look good, and are not competing. There are some players out on the ice that do in fact give a shit, but it's hard when there your teammates are holding you down with their selfish, lazy play.

If a coaching change were to happen it would have been first thing Saturday morning, but now it appears as though Sacco has until 2012, the Avs next break longer than 2 days off is right after a Jan. 2nd meeting against LA, they have 3 days off... after that they have 6 days off at the end of the month, however it would be too little too late and the season would be lost by that point in time.

There are lots of reasons why the Avs are struggling from top players not being top players to being out coached and a lack of in game adjustments, not enough high end skill to convert quality scoring chances. Giguere was quoted on the weekend as saying that the team has no urgency in going to the net and getting dirty goals. The team just seems happy to play on the periphery and lacks in supporting the D in their own end, and lack continuity on the breakout thru the neutral zone... too many turnovers, bad decisions, whatever... it's just getting tiring to watch.

The one thing I'm happy to see is that Varlamov has managed to stay healthy so far this season, he's had some off games, but has certainly battled and was playing well at the end of the homestand last week. He held the team in the game in Vancouver until the 3rd period and there wasn't much he could do about the 4 goals against EDM on Friday, that was just brutal team play.

The Avs have been held to 2 goals or less in 15 of 30 games... that's just unacceptable.

Stastny missed practice today and is doubtful for the home and home with the Sharks. Perhaps this means we'll get to see more Brandon Yip in the top 6 alongside Duchene and Galiardi.

Galiardi has looked much better this year, compared to last year. He's more agitating, skating harder, finishing checks, just being his pain in the ass self.

It's amazing this team is only 3 games out of .500 right now.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Star

The Avs have won 4 of their last 5 since last writing which is good news, should have been 5 for 5 if not for that debacle in San Jose. Just signs of a young team, trying to find consistency in closing games out.

After giving up goals in the final minute at home to San Jose and Philadelphia, the team managed to clamp down and put last nights game away against the St. Louis Blues. Although that 1 SOG in the 3rd period wasn't the greatest of efforts. An empty net goal here and there would be nice to see, just to ease the nerves a little.

JSG is playing great right now, and the team is playing well in front of him. Having 3 call-ups in the lineup who are battling try to make it tough for management once healthy bodies return to the lineup has got the entire team playing with some jump. Hopefully this winning thing become infectious and everyone decides to jump aboard. The defence seems to play better infront of JSG than Varlamov and I've read that Giggy is a lot more vocal, and communicates with his D as opposed to Varly, kinda like a goalkeeper in soccer.

That's 7 straight wins at home tying the Avs record set in 2003. The franchise's record is 10, which occurred twice as the Nordiques.

Kyle Quincey is healthy, and was ready to return for last night's game, but coach Sacco wanted to go with the same lineup as the Philly game... perhaps trying to showcase Hunwick a little more? Not sure about the market for a 5-6 pairing D at the moment. Quincey was not happy about the decision, hopefully he comes back with a little edge on Friday against the visiting Lightning.

Giguere may very well get his 4th start in a row as Sacco may ride the hot hand here, and why the hell not, this is exactly why the team brought Giggy in, in the first place.
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Even though it sucks that Varly isn't starting as much, I really think you couldn't find a better mentor for him right now than Giguere. They are opposites in a lot of things and that's perfect for Varly to complement his strengths and learn new things.
    GO WINGS!