Poll: Which day would you prefer the Toronto event? (you can choose multiple days)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Event - for real this time - June

I...am your father.

Default Toronto Event - for real this time - June

It looks like this event is back on sometime between June 11 and June 17 (pending Justin Goldman's schedule).
    I like the suggestion of The Sports Centre Cafe at Yonge and St. Clair. That looks like a great place. I want to time this for after the postseason, so I think that narrows this down to the 11th and 17th. Reason being - I don't want to fight for seats and shout to be heard, fight to view the game, etc.

Just out of curiosity, which day would bring the most attendance. And are the downtowners okay with the short subway ride up to St. Clair?

Edit: Everyone is welcome and encouraged. Picture walking into a pub with about 15 or 20 other readers from this site already there, plus myself, Justin Goldman, and three or four other writers (from DobberHockey or from other websites) all just mingling, talking fantasy hockey, sipping on beer and eating nachos. Nothing fancy. Just show up and have fun! I guarantee that I'll spend at least a few minutes with each and every one of you.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Dobber, I assume you mean sportscentre cafe, its a good sports bar. I was there last week on thursday for the Det v SJ game seven and they have $3 domestic bottles of beer and bar rails so thursday mightbe a good idea!!

I...am your father.

Yes, thank you, that's the one

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

rebecca black knows the best day to have this event

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

After my move to the Steel City this summer, it will be much easier to attend these events!

If I was in the area, I would be attending this hands down.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After the playoffs is a great idea cause ther can be alot more discussion and advice for the offseason and next season with peoples drafting and stratgy...

you should encourage people to print out a copy of their Fantasy rosters for discussion

and I'm deffinatly in!
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

About 20 hours too long of a drive for me, but should be good for those who can attend!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

My girlfriend lives at Yonge and St.Clair so definately count me in Dobber! I've never heard of this bar before so it will be a good intro for me!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Booooooooooooo to Toronto. Bring one closer to me (London, KW or even Guelph).

Any Sarnianites wanna set up our own? Scroogies? Ups and Downs?

Out of curiousity, what time would these shenanigans start at the Sportscentre Cafe?

I...am your father.

Probably around 6 or 7pm...

There will be one in London for sure. My adopted hometown

Sarnia would be solid.

hey guys

ive never been to one of these before, whats it about, and is anyone welcome to show up?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by destructivedevil97 View Post
    hey guys

ive never been to one of these before, whats it about, and is anyone welcome to show up?
    Everyone is welcome and encouraged. Picture walking into a pub with about 15 or 20 other readers from this site already there, plus myself, Justin Goldman, and three or four other writers (from DobberHockey and from other websites) all just mingling, talking fantasy hockey, sipping on beer and eating nachos. Nothing fancy. Just show up and have fun! I guarantee that I'll spend at least a few minutes with each and every one of you.

Dobber Sports Wizard

That venue is perfect, but I can't pick a day. My schedule is way too unpredictable. The only thing I'm certain of is that I can't do Thursdays or Wednesdays.

I think we should have those "Hello! My Name Is" stickers and put our forum name on it so we know who's who.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Everyone is welcome and encouraged. Picture walking into a pub with about 15 or 20 other readers from this site already there, plus myself, Justin Goldman, and three or four other writers (from DobberHockey and from other websites) all just mingling, talking fantasy hockey, sipping on beer and eating nachos. Nothing fancy. Just show up and have fun! I guarantee that I'll spend at least a few minutes with each and every one of you.
    dobber is the only person i will recognize since i have him on facebook. for everyone else, i suggest you tape your username on your shirt somewhere haha. i'm hoping it ends up on friday so i can get trashed and spend the weekend recovering. although i guess if it's on thursday i will be less likely to make a fool of myself.