Thread: 2 spots left, which one do you leave behind?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default 2 spots left, which one do you leave behind?

Hey Guys,

In a dillema over some prospect keeper's. Which 2 of these 3 prospect's do you keep:

Zach Budish RW NSH
    Yannick Weber D MTL
    Charles-Olivier Roussel D NSH

Scoring cats are different than the league in my sig. It's a deep dynasty league with cat's:
    goals, assists, plus/minus rating, penalties in minutes, powerplaygoals, powerplay assists, short-handed points, game-winning goals, shots on goal, faceoff
    wins, and hits for skaters.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Vancityguy View Post
    Hey Guys,

In a dillema over some prospect keeper's. Which 2 of these 3 prospect's do you keep:

Zach Budish RW NSH
    Yannick Weber D MTL
    Charles-Olivier Roussel D NSH

Scoring cats are different than the league in my sig. It's a deep dynasty league with cat's:
    goals, assists, plus/minus rating, penalties in minutes, powerplaygoals, powerplay assists, short-handed points, game-winning goals, shots on goal, faceoff
    wins, and hits for skaters.
    I haven't heard much about Budish and can't seem to find any info about him at all but I've heard of Weber and COR... Weber seems the most NHL ready since he's already played in the NHL. COR I think is pretty much going to be a depth defenseman, also he's on NSH where they're chock full of defensive talent, so he won't get into a top pairing spot. He also only notched 30 points in 59 games this season in the Q as well, which isn't all that impressive. The positive is that NSH seems to have a great program developing their defensive/goalie talent into quality players.

I'd keep Weber and COR only because I haven't heard of Budish...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Padawan

Appreciated, and yea they are pretty far down the depth chart but its a dynasty league so never know, could end up as being an important decision 3 years from now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Weber is a definite keep. There's a good chance he gets a full time gig in Montreal this year and with his talent he could produce. Keep your expectations low but he should at least be an NHL player this upcoming season.

The other two are up for argument. Budish is a 6'3" 220 pound kid with some serious potential. Someone has to score in Nashville eventually and in another year or two he could be a big part of that. Only problem is, he's 20 and has already had surgery on both knees.

COR has the talent to put up some numbers in the NHL. Unfortunately he's part of the defense factory in Nashville which means it's doubtful he ever gets the opportunity to show what he can really do.

If you want to keep two d-men, I don't think Weber and COR are a bad choice. If you'd like to keep a forward with high-end potential, and are ok with taking the injury risk, Weber and Budish would be a solid keep.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

This isn't to take anything away from COR's talent, but being in Nashville leaves him lower on the totem pole than in another farm pool. With Weber, Suter, and Franson already up with the big club and Ellis, Blum, and Josi in the wings, something has to give.

I am not sure of COR's long term potential in Nashville - and I think poolies recognize this, so his value is that much lower. For me, Weber is a clear keep here. I would take a chance on Budish as we all know Nashville is sorely in need of any scoring. Good luck.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Weber and COR for me. Of course COR is stuck behind a ton of depth in NSH but just look at the d-men they draft. If they picked COR they probably saw something good in him which means he'll probably turn out to be a pretty decent player.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ended up going with Weber and COR, those knee problems with Budish scare me. I appreciate everyone's input on this, rep coming.