Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Feedback and Ideas

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Justin, when I was talking about your top 10 goalie list I was referring to this:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...man&Itemid=100

I'd like to see you do something like that but top 50 or so and update it frequently. Maybe that was your intention when talking about the power rankings and maybe were both confused about what each other is trying to say but I was just trying to clarify.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Justin, when I was talking about your top 10 goalie list I was referring to this:

That was a power article.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

The King of Diatribes

I'd like to see you do something like that but top 50 or so and update it frequently. Maybe that was your intention when talking about the power rankings and maybe were both confused about what each other is trying to say but I was just trying to clarify.
    AHHH yes, we are on the same page, then. Too bad I didn't have Rinne and Rask flipped. ARGGH.

Ok let me work some magic in Photoshop tonight and see what I can come up with.

The big crux will be this: I can't do continual updates if the list is more than 30 goalies. If I did the Top-30 Fantasy Goalie Power Rankings, it would be manageable MAYBE on a bi-weekly basis. If I were to do Top-60, that would have to be monthly I think.

Which one sounds better to you guys?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoalieGuild View Post
    AHHH yes, we are on the same page, then. Too bad I didn't have Rinne and Rask flipped. ARGGH.

Ok let me work some magic in Photoshop tonight and see what I can come up with.

The big crux will be this: I can't do continual updates if the list is more than 30 goalies. If I did the Top-30 Fantasy Goalie Power Rankings, it would be manageable MAYBE on a bi-weekly basis. If I were to do Top-60, that would have to be monthly I think.

Which one sounds better to you guys?
    Would prefer top-60 personally, and I'm not sure if it would be necessary to update the rankings more than once a month.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Would prefer top-60 personally, and I'm not sure if it would be necessary to update the rankings more than once a month.
    feeling's mutual here!
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Administrator

I believe the once-a-month option is less work for you, while also beneficial to us - we get more names and there isn't that much movement within a short period of time anyway.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The King of Diatribes

I can also come up with new Alteration Marks and duplicate them like I do for the Depth Charts. Better representation of their movement.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I know one thing that would be a boon to me in a particular league is a projected number of starts for goalies before the season starts - more so the backups is what interests me the most. Big difference between 20 projected starts and 25 in my case.

The King of Diatribes

I will keep that in mind for GoaliePost. Should be easy to chart that out and give solid estimates on splits for starters and backups. I could even tie in potential "recalls" for the third-stringers. Because you know there will be at least 10 of them next season.

This year was insane in that regard...

Enroth, Reimer, Montoya, ....... ok not even gonna try and list them all. I bet more than half of the teams in the NHL used more than 2 goalies this year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah - lots of call ups for sure and somewhat unpredictable going into the season - more focused on the known backups - and emerging situations like Enroth, Salak. I suppose that is something I would hope to see in Dobber's fantasy guide actually, but on Goalie Post would give another thing dangled to encourage paid membership I think.

The King of Diatribes

Ok here is my first crack at the logo.

http://www.thehockeyguild.com/thegoa...creaselogo.jpg

I am thinking of replacing "power" with "goalie".

Since it's only a monthly ranking with the Top-50 (or 60), it's not so much a power ranking anymore.