Thread: huge blockbuster

Dobber Sports Ace

Default huge blockbuster

i just took over this team in a cbs keeper daily lineup mulitcat league. its the same set up as the 2nd team in my sig but a totally different team. imo this team is a mess and has great prospects like mckegg, tatar, kreider, orlov, eakin and schultz but no real depth anywhere other then net. so i decided to blow things up and start the good ol rebuild

i traded

malkin and de haan

and i got

tavares, rundblad, toffoli and 15th overall

thoughts on trading one of the more elite players in the game with a really bad knee situation
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Wizard

Toffoli is about as valuable as De Haan, so it comes down to Malkin for Tavares, Rundblad and 15th overall. I really like both Tavares and Rundblad but I think you could have had more with Malkin. But it's not a bad trade if that was the best offer you got.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well you got some FOW in the deal. I know it's always nice to get a big return for a guy like Malkin, but the reality is that his value is softening with the last couple of seasons. I think you did alright. Yes, you might have got more but you didn't - onward and upward.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by diamondback87 View Post
    i just took over this team in a cbs keeper daily lineup mulitcat league. its the same set up as the 2nd team in my sig but a totally different team. imo this team is a mess and has great prospects like mckegg, tatar, kreider, orlov, eakin and schultz but no real depth anywhere other then net. so i decided to blow things up and start the good ol rebuild

i traded

malkin and de haan

and i got

tavares, rundblad, toffoli and 15th overall

thoughts on trading one of the more elite players in the game with a really bad knee situation

interesting trade. think you could have gotten more for Malkin, looks like an undersell. I think he'll outscore Tavares every single season, id rather have him. and i'm not really sure if the two guys you got back are nearly enough

FYI--- i got Malkin+ from him a week or two before you took over the team for Tavares+. he also got Green in that deal, so after swapping Tavares/Malkin again, he got Green for really really cheap. clever move by him.
    Last edited by rtstr; May 9, 2011 at 2:43 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

ya i know he told me that lol, i would of kept tavares. to me knee injuries are really serious. i could of had a couple different of packages but i felt like i really needed to get a sure fire guy. i feel that tavares will be a 50 goal man and he is only going up.

if malkin regains his old form and doesnt get injured much then i lose big time but im lookin at a bure type of player here imo. i personally dont think he will ever be the same hockey player again. the ligaments he tore in his knee are very serious imo. i went through the same injury. not to say im malkin but to be able to turn and have agility nevermind take a hit into the boards and open ice u need really strong knees. i also feel that after this incident teams are gonna target his knees. there is players in the league, yes i know pittsburg has the worst one but players that are gonna go after other teams best players and try and knock them outta the game. for me its just a matter of time before his knees start going out on a regular basis
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Ace

also this team has the 2nd overall pick this year and most likely the first overall pick next year, so i think after adding a larsson/rnh, yakupov tandem while letting rundblad, elliot and schultz develop i may be ready to climb up the ladder

LW-Rakell
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Don't understand the logic of trading Malkin now. Injured, bad season. Value is incredibly low.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Genius

Simply put, I dont think you got enough for Malkin.

De Haan is no slouch and still has the allure of a top-end prospects. Rundbald is probably closer and a bit safer in terms of his NHL future but nonetheless, both are a risk.

Toff and the pick are okay I guess.

I understand you are rebuilding but my issue is that you didn't really get enough "safe" or proven talent for Malkin. The knee is a bit worrisome but he still is easily a top 3 fantasy player (Stammer isn't there yet lol).
    Last edited by joos; May 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Pro

yea, i think you were way too wary of the injury here. malkin is still elite and one of the best players in the world. he is in tip-top shape and will most likely recover 100%. even after i acquired him i was getting some real nice offers for him.

either way, what's done is done, and changes had to be made to that team. good luck getting them to a level where they can compete!

Dobber Sports Icon

I think its great value for damaged goods.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't know if it's great value for damaged goods, but I certainly think it's good value.

Tavares is on his way to being a stud. Sure, a more experienced guy might have been preferential, but who's that (in all honesty) going to be? A Jeff Carter or Paul Stastny type? Much rather have the high-end potential of Tavares than either of them.

Malkin has had two injury-impacted years in a row now. He's not Marian Gaborik, but I think there have to be at least one or two red flags coming up now.

I agree that Malkin's value has never been lower so trading him right now might not be a great idea, but given that relatively major injuries have caused that drop in value, I think this is an alright move.

The other guys, to me, are a complete wash because you're dealing with straight prospects...but the 15th overall pick certainly has value.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Runblad is flying under the radar in this deal. I was the other GM in this deal and I had a lot of troubles moving him as I think he's going to be an absolute stud. Given that our league awards more pts to Dman I think he's a huge piece in this deal.

I did give up Malkin/Goligoski for Tavares/Green last week and was thrilled to get Malkin back without having to move Green (again more pts awared to Dman so I think he's a top 5 player in our league). However I think you did well here given that we both agree on Tavares's future and that Runblad is an X-factor in this deal.

Seeing as you're blowing up the team as well and looking to rebuild, having Toffoli (not sure what to make of him. He'll have to move to W if he'll have any success in LA. Kopitar and Schenn are no doubt 1-2 at C) and the 15th overall pick as nice additions as well. Personally I was pleased to get de Haan back as I think he's the future PP QB in NYI. But overall I think it was a fair trade for a team trying to rebuild AND for a team trying to compete sooner.

Good luck with the rebuild!
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)