Thread: Drew Stafford, Buffalo

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Drew Stafford, Buffalo

I have a guy in my keeper league that really wants Drew Stafford from me. How many ppg can i expect from stafford? I like stafford cause im pretty set with young C and not much depth at wing. I have Kopitar, E Stall, N Backstrom Was, P Mueller. If he was willing to trade Michael Frolik Fla is he a better prospect? Would i be right in getting a draft pick, cause my first pick is in the 3rd round of a 6 player league (15th overall).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Drew Stafford, Buffalo

Frolik\'s a prospect with far greater upside, but Stafford will produce now. He\'ll hit at least 65 points next year, but Frolik could score that many GOALS in the Q. It really depends on if you need the help now or later.

FYI, here\'s some information about Mr. Frolik:

-First season in North America, 52 GP.
    -31-42-73 second-best on Rimouski Oceanic.
    -Four goals shy of both team goals and points lead.
    -Tied first in assists.
    -Played 18 fewer games than team leader.

Pro-rated for a 70-game season: 42 G, 57 A, 99 points. That would have tied him for 10th in league-wide scoring.

Dobber Sports Stud

With the depth that you have on your team I would take the deal for Frolik. (Based on Bugg\'s analysis). The 80/90 point guys are hard to come by. The mid 60\'s guys are more common place. You have a young core. It depends on the direction that you want to take your team. You have some good players that are capable of producing now, Backstrom and Mueller could have good years and could be Calder candidates, Frolik would be a nice prospect. Personally, I would do the deal.

Dobber Sports Initiate

mrbugg wrote:
    Frolik\'s a prospect with far greater upside, but Stafford will produce now. He\'ll hit at least 65 points next year, but Frolik could score that many GOALS in the Q. It really depends on if you need the help now or later.

FYI, here\'s some information about Mr. Frolik:

-First season in North America, 52 GP.
    -31-42-73 second-best on Rimouski Oceanic.
    -Four goals shy of both team goals and points lead.
    -Tied first in assists.
    -Played 18 fewer games than team leader.

Pro-rated for a 70-game season: 42 G, 57 A, 99 points. That would have tied him for 10th in league-wide scoring.
    Thanks for the information, I will attempt to work out a deal with him. I like frolik because i have his potential C men in Olli Jokinen