Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lehner update

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It isn't necessarily character, I know I would not stand for that attitude on a team that I would be running. He's a 19 year old that should not be acting this way, he needs to control himself. I agree that call was bullshit but at the same time he can't react the way that he did. Even if Poulin did embellish Lehner didn't have the right to shove him. I like Lehner as a goalie but the attitude he is displaying poses as a threat to the development of the young guys that play for the Sens, there are going to be a lot of guys competing for jobs next year and i'm sure they don't want negative media attention following them. This could be another Ray Emery type situation where its a young goalie that can't handle the spotlight. This is just my 2 cents.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Light_the_Lamp View Post
    It isn't necessarily character, I know I would not stand for that attitude on a team that I would be running. He's a 19 year old that should not be acting this way, he needs to control himself. I agree that call was bullshit but at the same time he can't react the way that he did. Even if Poulin did embellish Lehner didn't have the right to shove him. I like Lehner as a goalie but the attitude he is displaying poses as a threat to the development of the young guys that play for the Sens, there are going to be a lot of guys competing for jobs next year and i'm sure they don't want negative media attention following them. This could be another Ray Emery type situation where its a young goalie that can't handle the spotlight. This is just my 2 cents.
    I think you're making something out of nothing. Two minor incidents leads to Ray Emery? Emery was a headcase and was part of a bad clique in Ottawa.

Also, there is no negative media attention surrounding him. Lehner has handled himself very professionally this year besides that one WJC rant. He will have no effect on players competing for jobs anyway, he's a goalie.

Not saying the guy is perfect, but he doesn't have to be.
    Last edited by Big Ev; April 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I used Emery as an example, he was another young goalie with attitude. I'm not saying that he will turn into that. Maybe I am making too much of it, it was just something that bothered me. I don't like seeing new players coming into the league and acting like they already know what it takes to remain consistent and get regular play.

Banned

Lehner with 43 saves in a 4-3 Bingo win. They are up 2-0 in the series and heading home. Loving it.

Banned

Another win! They may have swept if the Pirates scored with 12 seconds left in Game 3.

Lehner's playoff stats: 6-1, .927, 2.48

1 more win before Lehner is on to Round 3 (hopefully)!

Whadda you think, Ev, how many games does he start for the Sens next year? Is he a call up from the AHL or riding pine as the #2?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This year, his development really took a backseat, he kept getting called up to sit the bench, went periods without playhing ,etc etc. I think next year he's going to get a healthy dose of the AHL, most of the year, if not for the entire year. They want to get his development back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sticks1puck View Post
    This year, his development really took a backseat, he kept getting called up to sit the bench, went periods without playhing ,etc etc. I think next year he's going to get a healthy dose of the AHL, most of the year, if not for the entire year. They want to get his development back on track.
    What I was thinking too (Justin would seem to agree, as well). I own him in a points only dynasty. Was thinking about dumping him to make room for a potential forward, then picking him back up off the waiver at midpoint for the following year. I really like his upside, and think i may be able to sneak that move cuz w/out a farm and 12 teams our rosters have limited space for prospects.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Lehner full-time starter in the AHL next year. They don't have any other options, really. Barry Brust was their MVP this year but I think they want to go with Lehner instead. Maybe they give Brust a back-up role with the big club.

Lookin like a big game six, Ev (not to completely hijack the thread).
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Yeah, damn, Pirates came out hard last night.

Nice to see Mancari and Enroth come up big. Enroth probably inspired from watching the Philly series from the bench.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

B-Sens are getting some reinforcements. Jared Cowen will be in the line-up for Game 6!

Damn I thought game 6 was tonight...
    @SmittysRant

Banned

36 save shutout for Lehner! Bingo is onto the Eastern Conference Final!