Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sleepers for 2011-2012

Administrator

Scott Gomez should have a bounce-back season getting back to 40 points and raising his total to 3 successful back-checks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Scott Gomez should have a bounce-back season getting back to 40 points and raising his total to 3 successful back-checks.
    Not sure he has it in him....

although, $200k per point - MTL is getting such good value

Dobber Sports Novice

Drew Stafford - 75 points

Dobber Sports Rookie

Funny Spezza was named by slow triathlete. Reading down everyones lists he was the first guy that came to my mind. I even considered making a move for him in my keeper league. If Toronto give Joe Colborne a shot at the #1 centre job, gotta put his name down right beside Phil Kessel. Something has to change on that top line, maybe Colborne is the guy or even Kadri. I also back Zajac for a big year. Good call on the Hamonic as well. The Islanders should only get stronger year by year now.
    F: Getzlaf, Seguin, Schenn, Nugent-Hopkins, Oshie, MacArthur, Simmond, Pominville, Callahan, Landeskog, Grabner, Stepan, Backlund, Setoguchi.
    D: Fowler, Rundblad, Del Zotto, Ellis
    G: Reimer, DiPietro

G: 1 pt
    A: 1 pt
    Wins: 2 pts
    Shutouts: 3 pts
    PIMS: .25 pt

12 team keeper pool. 20 players per team, keep 12.

Top 13 count in scoring (7 forwards, 4 d-men, 1 goalie, 1 extra skater)

Draft 8, no farm team

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pitkanen (with Hurricanes or other team)

78 gp
    47 points
    24 pp
    68 pim
    +12
    15 Team Keeper (Y Roto Points, Daily Changes but only one waiver pick up per month)
    20 Players (Keep 10) Dress 8 F, 5 D, 1 Utility and 2 G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, Shots, SHP, Hits, PIM, +/- W, GAA, SV%, Saves, SO

Forwards Huberdeau, Svechnikov, Monahan, Cirelli, Suzuki, Backlund, Atkinson, J. Anderson, Hyman, Hayton, Dach & Byfield

Defensemen
    Rielly, Ekblad, Yandle, Giordano, Ekholm & Hanifin

Goalies
    Markstrom & Koskinen

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty Mittens View Post
    Are his pims going to drop that much?

Sergei Kostitsyn 65+ pts
    Dmitry Kulikov 40 pts?
    Kulikov I can see, Sergei won't get 65 and I can say that with quite a bit of confidence. Nate, Benn won't hit 80, 70-75 IMO. Blayze, great list there, I like a lot of those players to take the next step. Slow triathlete, Spezza 90? NO WAY! Not yet, anyway. Loco man, I agree 100 percent. Donions, I think he will do that next year (I know its hard to believe). Nice job with your list, zetters. I like a bunch of those players and I do share your love of Dadonov. Enapai, I don't see that in Zajac, I just don't without Parise. Slow triathlete, I don't see Johansson doing anything near 65 points with Backstrom firmly entrenched as the number one centre and the Capitals possibly re-signing Arnott. Hawks87, I see him getting near that, but I will say Stafford hits 70 points. Newfcollins, very nice list indeed (I like Connolly as a sleeper because he should land a role that benefits him). Big Ev, nice list there, I like everyone except Kennedy there. Austene, I could see 100-110. Pacman, 40-45 for Pitkanen is very attainable. Ericdaoust, Gomez is terrible, just terrible. 40 points? Its possible, but how is that of any value to his team?
    Last edited by dmvincent; April 21, 2011 at 1:26 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by getzy82 View Post
    Funny Spezza was named by slow triathlete. Reading down everyones lists he was the first guy that came to my mind. I even considered making a move for him in my keeper league. If Toronto give Joe Colborne a shot at the #1 centre job, gotta put his name down right beside Phil Kessel. Something has to change on that top line, maybe Colborne is the guy or even Kadri. I also back Zajac for a big year. Good call on the Hamonic as well. The Islanders should only get stronger year by year now.
    My gut tells me Burke will make the move for a proven #1 centre.

I've seen Kadri live many times this year and I'd say he's good for 40 points tops. I've only seen Colborne in the minors but it would surprise me if he tops 30 next year - hopefully he will make the team. Leafs management are morons when it comes to assessing who should be sent back down to the farm (if it weren't for Jiggy's injury we would never have seen Reimer... ditto with Kadri).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Slow triathlete, Spezza 90? NO WAY! Not yet, anyway.

Not yet???

I say YES WAY and I say that in 05/06, 07/08 and really might as well say it for 06/07.

The right coach and given his new penchant for leading by example...I say YES F'N WAY - but mostly cause he has done it before.

If you think Heatley made Spezza then to you Sir I say NO WAY. Spezza has shown he has heart and the only thing Heatley shows is that he has a hard on for cash.

Banned

Spezza. I'll say PPG for whatever amount of games he plays. I doubt he gets 90.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Big Ev - 90 is if (big if) he plays a full year again.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by slow triathlete View Post
    Not yet???

I say YES WAY and I say that in 05/06, 07/08 and really might as well say it for 06/07.

The right coach and given his new penchant for leading by example...I say YES F'N WAY - but mostly cause he has done it before.

If you think Heatley made Spezza then to you Sir I say NO WAY. Spezza has shown he has heart and the only thing Heatley shows is that he has a hard on for cash.
    I don't see it. I might be wrong, but I see around 70-80 from him next year.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't see it. I might be wrong, but I see around 70-80 from him next year.
    Well after 2 back to back 57 point seasons... Even if he "only" gets 80points... I would still call that a solid sleeper. I bet he doesnt carry the value of an 80 point player in a lot of leagues right now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sergei won't get 65 and I can say that with quite a bit of confidence.
    I don't see why not. From December on he was at a 67 point pace, 47 points in 58 games.....that goes beyond a hot streak and becomes something you can project. He definitely has the talent for it and once Trotz started giving him the opportunity, he ran with it.

I think Marian Hossa gets back to 70+ points next season. It looks like he's finally 100% healthy from the shoulder surgery, and he closed out the season strong. Not sure how much of a sleeper Hossa can be but I know a lot of people are getting sour on his point scoring.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Initiate

David Desharnais... will flirt with 50 over a full season.
    Max Pacioretty, if healthy... hits 55.
    Brett Sterling on Crosby or Malkin's wing all season... 45.
    David Perron... back to 50 if healthy.
    Sam Gagner finally breaks out... 60.
    Vinny Lecavalier... rebounds to 70.
    Bobby Butler should double this season's output... 50.
    Kyle Okposo... close to 60.

Dobber Sports Genius

Horton- 30/35G-35A-85PIM +20
    Spezza- 25G-55A-crap peripherals
    E.Kane- 30G-40A-85PIM
    Berglund- 25G-45A-6PIM +10
    Fowler- 50 points easy on ANA PP regardless of whether or not Selanne comes back

...these 5 I would bank on along with Roy/Stafford emerging as a solid duo, Vanek taking a drop to 60 points-ish, Heatley not cracking 65, Green 55 points if healthy, Lecavalier doesn't even hit 70 with or without St. Louis, and Malkin doesn't crack an assist heavy 85 next season.

Stewart I think will be excellent as well but not sure that's a true "sleeper" at this point.

Fleischmann shold be an automatic late round flier pick as playing with Stastny or Duchene and both on PP will get him 70 points at least next year, but long term I expect COL to get something better than him on the wing so he's more a good short term guy than long.