Thread: Frolik, Zherdev, or Michalek?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Frolik, Zherdev, or Michalek?

I need to keep two of these three as my final keepers.

All three have had brutal year, but what are your thoughts on who i'm better off keeping.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just don't want Zherdev in my fantasy team so I would keep Frolik and Michalek.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I just don't want Zherdev in my fantasy team so I would keep Frolik and Michalek.
    This pretty much says it all, and I agree 100%.

Out of three guys who didn't even get .5 points per game this year, I'd rather take the guy who is still the youngest (Frolik) or the guy who is still regularly getting top 6 and PP time (Michalek) over Zherdev, who this year was a frequent healthy scratch and who has done nothing but fail everywhere in the NHL of late.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    This pretty much says it all, and I agree 100%.

Out of three guys who didn't even get .5 points per game this year, I'd rather take the guy who is still the youngest (Frolik) or the guy who is still regularly getting top 6 and PP time (Michalek) over Zherdev, who this year was a frequent healthy scratch and who has done nothing but fail everywhere in the NHL of late.

And he could go back to the KHL as soon as next year!
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would definitely go with Frolik and Michalek. Both guys that consistently make things happen, but don't necessarily end up on the scoresheet, especially this year.

Frolik has some rough edges left in his game, but he's 22. He's a little neurotic in the offensive zone and tends to take bad shots when holding the puck for a second longer would be the smarter play. I think a lot of it is the difference between Florida and Chicago....in Florida he was the go-to scorer and was expected to shoot. In Chicago he has players like Sharp, Hossa, and Bolland to lead the way.

He needs to adjust his game and realize he's not the go-to anymore, work the boards which he's very good at, and get the puck to the net and allow his teammates to do their job.

I still think Michalek can be a solid 60-65 point player. It was only two years ago he put up 57 points, and with the rebuild in Ottawa he'll be looked to as a leader on offense. He was much better after the all star break this last season, and even with a bionic knee his speed allows him to create. I would actually look for a decent bounceback from him next season.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Call me crazy, but I would gladly take Zherdev over Michalek.

I predict that Zherdev signs a similar contract to what he signed for this year, possibly a 2 year contract, but with a team that can get him legitimate top 6 ice time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Frolik's the easy one here, so I don't feel the need to address him. So it basically comes down to Zherdev v. Michalek. Michalek's a 40 point player in Ottawa at best, I'd say, and there's younger kids who'll be put ahead of him, so I'd rather take the chance on Zherdev. He's got 80 point upside, although he needs to be a first-liner for that. I think realistically he's a 55-65 point guy, any where but Philly.
    12 Team Keeper League, 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 1G, 6 BN, 3 IR
    Keep 20 players
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GA, SV, SO

C: Toews, Skinner, Eller, Hertl, Granlund, Jenner, Lindholm
    LW: Boedker, Galchenyuk, Silfverberg, M. Richards
    RW: Yakupov, Nichushkin, Gaborik, Setoguchi, Niederreiter
    D: Karlsson, Subban, Goligoski, D. Kulikov, Carlson, Brodin, Trouba
    G: Price, Varlamov