Thread: the ultimate tease, Samsanov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default the ultimate tease, Samsanov

I\'ve always had a soft spot for this guy and then he gets snapped up by Carolina, the what is the prediction here?

- they are an offensive minded team
    - they play in a small hockey market with little pressure
    - Laviolette was his assistant coach before and has been known to get the most of out these types of players
    - in his first game he logged 20 minutes on a line with Brindamour including top pp time.
    - there is a bunch of injuries to Carolina wingers
    - according to Canes fans he looked great out there and many said he is already basically their most talented winger?!

can he come back and suprise everyone? or will he just be a flash in the pan and only the bennefit of temporary injuries?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

My answer is in the form of a question. What does history tell us about this guy?

Dobber Sports Expert

Samsonov is talented, no doubt about it, but his attitude kept him away from a great career. He might work hard for a couple of weeks now, and he might look good out there and maybe he will score some goals, but after all i would stay very far away from him in fanatsy hockey!

Dobber Sports Expert

There is no way he is Carolina\'s most talented winger, over Erik Cole and Ray Whitney? That\'s some wishful thinking right there, and this is coming from a Canes fan.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just a guess, but I think Samsonov has maybe a week or two of \"ok\" production and then he\'s done. There\'s no denying that he has the potential to be the most \"talented\" guy on a team but without the drive to go along with it it\'s not worth a heck of a lot.

So Sergei might be worth a quick waiver pickup and then get rid of him after a week or two.

Dobber Sports Ace

my thoughts exactly doulos. i snatched him up as soon as i heard carolina picked him up as i\'m near the bottom of my league right now and if he doesn\'t pan out, there isn\'t too much further for me to fall.

i\'m hoping he puts up some good numbers for a few weeks in his attempt to impress new teammates and management, at which point maybe i can ship him to someone in contention for futures.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

I...am your father.

He is playing on a line with Stillman and Brind\'Amour. Frankly, I think this drags Stillman and Brindy down. But then again, the way those two seemingly can\'t be stopped, perhaps they are just what Sammy needs!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dobber wrote:
    He is playing on a line with Stillman and Brind\'Amour. Frankly, I think this drags Stillman and Brindy down. But then again, the way those two seemingly can\'t be stopped, perhaps they are just what Sammy needs!
    Brindy & Stillman cant be stopped? Dont tell that to my fantasy team. Brindy & Stillman have seemed more & more lost since the injuries started piling up. At least i hope the injuries are the reason they started to slump. I knew Stillman would come back down to eath, but geez.

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe Brindy work ethic will inspire Samsonov.... now there\'s some wishful thinking lol
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place