Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Draft List Thread

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Macros

I have an older version of excel as per your notes and followed the instructions, but "Run my List" macro does not seem to run for me. I tried using the macro in the macros menu manually but it craps out. Any ideas? I am running what seems to be Microsoft Office 2003.

I...am your father.

So riderfan has Excel 2003 and can't open it, but morphan has Excel 2003 and can open it? But when Morphan opens it, the buttons do not do anything? Do I have this correct?

Riderfan, you can "open with" the file and open it with Excel and that will be fine. Let me know if that worked.

Morphan - the dropboxes are okay? What about the other buttons? If none of the buttons do anything and macros are enabled, then I may have to offer up several pdf files with three or four common lists run. Because I doubt I can convert the file to xls and have it run with all of these features the same way.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    So riderfan has Excel 2003 and can't open it, but morphan has Excel 2003 and can open it? But when Morphan opens it, the buttons do not do anything? Do I have this correct?

Riderfan, you can "open with" the file and open it with Excel and that will be fine. Let me know if that worked.

Morphan - the dropboxes are okay? What about the other buttons? If none of the buttons do anything and macros are enabled, then I may have to offer up several pdf files with three or four common lists run. Because I doubt I can convert the file to xls and have it run with all of these features the same way.
    Drop boxes are ok and the Instructions and see Dobbers buttons works so it seems that the other ones should. I can open the file fine and no other issues. Just the buttons in the middle which have more complex macros.

I...am your father.

Can you email me, I have a test document I'd like to send you for you to try - if it works, I'll add it to people's downloads as an option. Thanks!
    dobber at dobberhockey.com

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Can you email me, I have a test document I'd like to send you for you to try - if it works, I'll add it to people's downloads as an option. Thanks!
    dobber at dobberhockey.com
    sent PM

[email protected]

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Excel 2002 Problem

"Run My List" does not work. Actually none of the boxes work.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Still a computer dummy

Dobber - downloaded the spreadsheet but still not able to do anything with it. I don't even see the normal stuff - like entering my selections, etc. - probably because the macros not enabled? Can't figure out how to enable them. Can you email me the test document to try?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thx for the fast fix! and for the valuable info

I...am your father.

If you guys want the test document, email me and I'll send it to you. dobber @ dobberhockey.com

I will probably post this document as a "second" file Sunday night.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

When will you post the test file because my draft is tonight.
    Last edited by ocossette; April 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky

I...am your father.

I just posted the other one - download the older version now

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I can't find it!
    6 teams, keeper, 12 Forwards, 6 Dmen, 2 Goalies and 5 Benched.
    Points only (2 for goals by Dmen)
    Limit of 3 seasons per player and salary cap of 93M.

Names in red are on their third seasons

F: Neal, Kadri, Hodgson, Backstrom, Conacher, Ribeiro, Hall, Zetterberg, Patrick Kane, Tavares, Kessel, Duchene
    D: Boyle, Kronwall, Pietrangelo, Subban, Weber, OEL
    G: Smith, Howard
    B: Tarasenko, Muzzin,Enstrom, Bobrovsky

I...am your father.

It should have two download links one after the other beside "interactive playoff draft list" in your downloads.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey all,

Click on my screen shot here, and if you go there, and DISABLE MACROS, it all works perfect. I think there's a way to put Dobber on a safe macro list, but haven't got that far yet.

This will get you through tonight, 'cause if you're like me, you gotta draft to prepare for tonight!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles14 View Post
    Hey all,

Click on my screen shot here, and if you go there, and DISABLE MACROS, it all works perfect. I think there's a way to put Dobber on a safe macro list, but haven't got that far yet.

This will get you through tonight, 'cause if you're like me, you gotta draft to prepare for tonight!!
    Uh, there's the file.

Tools/Macros/Security.
    Attached Images Attached Images