Thread: Playoff Sites

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Playoff Sites

Hey out there. Can anyone recommend a good on-line playoff pool. CDM Fantasy used to run a good one, but they have gone down hill and now have been bought out by someone else and it doesn`t appear as if they are running one this year.

ESPN, Sportenet etc.. have okay freebee ones, but looking for something with a bit more meat to it.

Any recommendations?
    8 Team Auction league: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench, 5 farm. $1,000,000 salary cap, live auction annually, 3 year contracts, RFA after contract expiry. Player goes back into the draft, manager who keeps an RFA has the opportunity to match the highest bid. Keep 15 total PLUS farm team. Farm team counts towards your cap.
    Stats: G,A, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, GWG - W, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom $72, Bergeron $30, Malkin $160, TJ $5
    LW: Forsberg $5, Schwartz $5, Schenn $16, JVR $15
    RW: Wheeler $67
    D: Doughty $58, Weber $48, Vatenan $7
    G: Schneider $5 Dubnyck $5

Farm: Gibson $13, Drouin $19, S. Bennett $13, Hubs $23

Dobber Sports Prodigy

We switched our keeper league over to Fantrax, and it's been pretty solid. They list a "NHL - Playoff Commissioner" as coming soon so you might wanna check that out when it arrives.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Fantrax is a great site. Playoff pools are now open on their site

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Playoff pool

I am attempting to start a playoff hockey pool for this years playoffs. First step would be to try and get 10-12 fantasy managers. Here is what I was thinking for the pool details.
    Online draft - 9 forwards 4 defencemen and 1 goalie for a total of 14
    Goal -1pt
    Assist - 1pt
    Goalie Wins - 3pts
    This an elimination style pool therefore once a player's team is eliminated from the playoffs that player cannot be replaced by another and the roster is simply reduced.
    I was thinking of a low entry of $20.00 and a winner take all prize. As this pool is just now potentially being created obviously this details can be ironed out. I simply want to gauge interest at this point and then we can move forward. Also league fees would be through paypal. I can provide an Ebay user ID for those who would want to see that I'm an honest individual. Anyway hopefully we can get enough poolies to move forward. I have played for over 10 years in fantasy baseball with CBS sportsline so I have alot of experience with these leagues however I have never set up a draft or pool for playoff hockey so I would some assistance with the draft/pool but I believe fantrax has something as well as sportsnet.ca. Simply reply to this thread or send me an email at [email protected].
    Thanks
    Al