Thread: Emery starting tomorrow against Colorado?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Emery starting tomorrow against Colorado?

I've tried to find confirming sources on this but can't seem to dig any up. What do you guys think the chances are that Emery gets the start for the Ducks tomorrow against the Avs? After his great win over the Hawks logic says he will, but who knows. Any of you read anything that states he will?
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Pro

I read a .952 SV% over 4 games. Easy decision for me after Hiller looked so rusty in his 1st game back.

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree. Anaheim is in no position to hope Hiller finds his game. They need wins, so they'll start the guy who's hot right now - and that's Emery.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm betting Emery tomorrow, then likely Hiller Wednesday, followed by each getting one game of the back to back to close out the week.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yeah they're in a fight for seeding right now, and to try to get out of playing one of the division winners in round 1. Im sure they would take Phoenix over Vancouver, Detroit or SJ any day of the week.

Dobber Sports Guru

Anaheim HAS to play Hiller tonight. They're facing a team in the bottom of the standings and should have no trouble winning the game. They need to get Hiller some game action before the playoffs. Hiller was having a Vezina-caliber season before going down with a vertigo. Hiller is the reason why they are still in the playoffs hunt in the first place and he's their #1 goaltender. Four good games from Emery doesn't change that. They need to get Hiller to shake off the rust and find his game - and there's no better game than today's game against Colorado to start playing Hiller.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree with Carcillo, totally understand now isn't the time to give away games, but if you have a chance to get your start back into the lineup against one of the bottom 2 teams in the league to get him to shake up the rust from a "less than stellar" return, you do it.

He needs confidence and this is their only real shot in the final stretch. With Emery's hip and Hiller's head, I don't see either hammering through a bunch of B2B's, but Hiller should go against COL.

And I hate to say it, but Ellis who? I know both Dan & Ray personally and would love to see both of them doing well (I guess just being in the show is pretty damn good), but right now Ellis is the odd man out even with Emery's two-way contract.
    12 team H2H Fantasy Points:
    P=4 PIM=0.1 PPP=1 SHP=3 GWG=1.5 SOG=0.25 HIT=0.1 BLK=0.2
    GS=1 W=5 L=-3 GA=-1 SV=.2 & SO=10

F: M Tkachuk, Kucherov, Pettersson, Fiala, Reinhart, Konecny, Terry, Ehlers
    D: Werenski, Andersson, Weegar
    G: Shesterkin, Hill, Gustavsson
    IR: Kane, Svechnikov

Keep 4 bolded (based on last season keepers)

Dobber Sports Pro

Emery was the 1st goalie off the ice today at the Ducks morning skate, so looks like Carlyle has decided to ride the hot hand. A little surprising.....I agreed with your logic Carcillo, thought for sure they'd start Hiller tonight. I'm posting this from my phone but if any of you want the confirmation just type Emery's name in on twitter.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Star

icemancometh Eric Stephens

Looks like it's Ray Emery back in net tonight against Colorado. Got to ride the hot hand it seems.