Thread: Alfredsson\'s trade value

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Alfredsson\'s trade value

Hey guys,
    I am trying to put together a trade to get Alfredsson in my work league (not in sig). The other manager has Carey Price so I was going to try and play up the fact that she could use another goalie. Here are my four:

- Dominik Hasek
    - Chris Osgood
    - Evgeni Nabokov
    - Manny Legace

I was thinking about offering Legacy and Filppula for Alfredsson. Is that paying too much?

Dobber Sports Padawan

No take a stab at it. Right now is when you should work on the owners of Price just as long as they know he was sent down....
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not paying enough if you ask me.
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Counter offers could be Legacy and Vanek or Stastny or Prospal. I wanted to start off lower.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Alfie is my number one RW and would not be traded unless you offered either a very good package or a young superstar like Spezza.

Your offers that you speak up would cause laughter to come deep out of my belly !! :laugh:
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Rival\'s words: \"I was going to try and play up the fact that she could use another goalie.\"

Flyer\'s words: \"take a stab at it.\"

I would have to say trade those two (legace and flipper) for Alffie and then take a \'stab\' at the GM, whatever her name may be. Come on, that was funny!! Ok my head is in the wrong place right now for fantasy hockey..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think its worth a shot. Whats the worst that would happen it get rejected? Up the ante each time until it just gets to the point of overpayment. I have no problem starting off low it is just the first offer.....
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Padawan

it is good to start low, as long as the offer is not insulting. The offers you speak of would make me decline to take you seriously.
    Championships

Ottawa Sun regular season champion.
    Yahoo.champion
    Scoresheet championship

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Our last trade: I got Phaneuf for Lupul on Monday (who I picked up the day before off the FA)

I don\'t think this one is going to go through. I wouldn\'t give up my top player so easily but its worth a \"stab\".

Dobber Sports Prodigy

coldsquad2002 wrote:
    it is good to start low, as long as the offer is not insulting. The offers you speak of would make me decline to take you seriously.
    You post on Dobber, not everyone has the time or inclination to look up stats and get opinions on every trade. I would expect an expert to laugh at or counter offer the trade.

Dobber Sports Expert

If you got Phaneuf for Lupul, on Monday when his injury was well known, maybe you should consider playing in a pool that offers an actual challenge

Dobber Sports Prodigy

repenttokyo wrote:
    If you got Phaneuf for Lupul, on Monday when his injury was well known, maybe you should consider playing in a pool that offers an actual challenge
    Haha no, the trade was accepted on Friday but it didn\'t actually take effect until Monday. Might have been a bad trade at the time but I got him off the FA list so I think I made an okay deal even if he were healthy.

Dobber Sports Padawan

coldsquad2002 wrote:
    This is something I read today and I couldn\'t agree more with it. I have felt this way for a long time and now someone put it into words. This is from a member here and his website:

a first offer is just a first offer. it doesn’t have to be fair, it doesn’t have to be well rounded, it doesn’t have to be well thought out. it’s designed to express interest. if you receive a trade offer you don’t like, what’s the point of flipping off on someone? you still want something off the guy don’t you? you want to better your team don’t you? he PROBABLY doesn’t want any version of anal rape by making the offer of trading his bench winger for your starting goaltender so why piss him off with a reaction that just shows how small a man you are (yes that is a ***** joke) and closes the door on any future dealings you may be able to have with him.

a first offer is just a first offer. look for something you DO like instead of trying to rag on a guy who’s just trying to make his team better. if you find something you do like then move in that direction; try to include those options he asked you about. if he wants Kiprusoff and you can’t afford to trade your best goaltender then look at trading him your G2 instead … at a fair price. that may be all he was looking for in the first place.

he doesn’t have to be up-front with you, he doesn’t owe you anything, he probably doesn’t even know you. where does it say that he needs to be fair? if you are willing to accept a stupid offer then you’re the idiot, not him.

fantasy trading is a slow process, take your time. i had one friend call trade discussions with me “the most gruelling trade discussions of his life” last year as i tried to maneuver myself out of the basement of an expert’s league i was in. at the end of the day i got Jason Spezza and Sergei Gonchar for Martin Brodeur and Mike Modano and managed to climb 3 spots to 9th place (the guy i traded with jumped from 3rd to 1st after that trade and i actually had discussions with all 3 of the top teams over this deal and only one guy was willing to pay my price). my point is, take your time. be “gruelling”. it’s your team so decide what you want and then go after it. ask for the moon and see if the other guy prefers the daylight.

i’ve had some fantasy owners say “well, if you’re not offering something fair then don’t offer at all”, but what’s the point of that? do you play just so that you can watch your team for 6 months and not do anything to try to win? i don’t have to be fair to you, and you don’t have to be fair to me. if i don’t want to take a deal i’ll just say no thanks. if i don’t think i can get something done that i like then i just won’t take the deal. why do people have such a hard time saying no? it’s not like i’m trying to sell you Amway or something.

i typically send out a first offer with no email attached to it. sometimes it’s an invitation for you to be stupid and sometimes it’s just following up on a previous discussion. you don’t usually want to take my first offer.

maybe that’s why i don’t trade a ton of times … i can’t find as many cautious traders like me.

1) evaluate your team needs.

2) evaluate the other team’s assets.

3) ask

4) take your time.

a first offer is just a first offer.

And remember I didn\'t write this it is copy and pasted from a site. This should be a bible for trade offers....
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

flyers, that is the best advice i have read in a while
    even though you didn\'t write that, karma up my friend

and for Alf, i personally think he holds quite a bit of value.

but i echo.
    start low.
    10 Team H2H In-HouseSalary
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, SV%, GAA, SO
    Dress: C, LW, RW, D, D, U, U, G Daily
    C: Crosby, Roy, H. Sedin, M.Koivu
    LW: Heatley, A. Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Bourque
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Mueller (C), Bouchard (RW)
    D: Kaberle, Gleason, Suter, Burns, Vlasic
    G: Turco, Garon
    IR: Oshie, Gonchar, Green
    Farm: Filatov, Kunitz, Yandle, Bogosian, Pavelec, 5 unk Players