Thread: Brad Richards....

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Brad Richards....

What is peoples take on this guy? I have him one of my roto leagues and the guy is a brick when it comes to +/-. I have a decent amount of centers, and am leading the league in goals and doing alright in assists. I am in last place in +/- and way back, but I am always tempted to play him. The mid season guide has him on the rise. Do I try to trade him, drop him (which seems dumb) or just play him and settle for last place in +/- and try to focus on the other stats. How to I package a trade with him, the -24 be a big turnoff.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Well it all depends on what people think of this guy. I would love to have him on my team but would be nervous to give up too much. But I do think he will be even more of a point producer after he gets traded or one of the big three get traded in TBAY.

It also depends on who you would want in return for this guy. I would try and make it a big trade where you can hide some guys as the 3 or 4 guys in the deal and you can come out on top. What does your team look like? Where do you need the most help?

Oh and I see it is a one-year league. Well I would trade him,why not. You don\'t have that much too lose. And if you don\'t like the trade at the end of the year draft him again next year..

Goodluck.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

A couple of ideas when it comes to +/- in roto leagues. You could try and send him to the team in last or even near the bottom of the +/- category. That way the guy should jump in assists and points while not taking a hit in the +/- category.

Or another variant of that would be if there is a guy who can take on the big negative without losing any or many +/- positions. Especially later in the season, plateaus develop and some really bad minus\' can be absorbed with no or low positions being lost.

In the roto world, B.Rich is a two category (assists/points)pariah. He\'s worth more on a real hockey team than a fantasy squad.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

he isn\'t doing anything but getting - since he was stuck with crap line mates. The TB coach needs to be beaten.
    C - Roy, Spezza, B. Richards
    RW - Hemsky, Doan (LW)
    LW - Ray Whitney, D. Sedin, Marleau (C), Kostitsyn
    D - Spacek, Weber, S. Niedermayer, Suter
    G - Nabokov, Khabibulin , Turco
    IR Selanne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

2 years ago I picked him up in a roto league around about Xmas and he went on such a tremendous tear - can\'t remember but something like over 50 points in 40 games. I think just for a while I would bench him and watch. You would have to sell him right now pretty cheap so if you can afford to have him ride the pines then that is what I would do.